October 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY HOW THIS LOOKS IN THE CONTAINER! It looks rather dark!! But, I was amazed at how well it looks on my skin. It gives just enough shimmer with the right amount of contrast. I thought it would look awful on me, but I was truly amazed. I am extremely pale and thought it would be too dark. But, it wasn't! It is kinda on the pricey side just for blush. But, its not too bad. I would definately repurchase as this is my HG.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have light to medium olive skin, don't buy this. I wear and love all of the blushes in this line. Miel Glace is the glaring exception. It looks unnatural, drab and bland on skin with yellow undertones. I have tried to wear it by applying just a little, applying a lot, pairing it with different shades of lipstick, anything I could think of to make it work, but to no avail. It looked awful despite all of my effort, and it ended up in the garbage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by swingkitty007

I love this product! I have very very very (did I mention very?) pale skin. I'm sure it's more appropriate to call it fair (but call a spade a spade)...in any case. Every time I try to buy blush it ends up being too dark on me..OR the "helpful" people at the makeup counters seem to believe that when you are very fair (read pale) you should wear a "darker" blush to give you color. Well...I think it makes me look like a clown. The last time I came home with what someone at those counters suggested as a good color for me, my friend's boy friend said something along the lines of "good god, what did you do to yourself?" In any case...this color is PERFECT. It never looks unnatural. Now, if you're gonna be in a dark club at night, it might not work as well...but I love this color for all occasions. :-) It blends well and is really flattering. A bit more expensive than most, but well...it's Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Gloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with this blush. I have a medium skin tone that's a bit paler in the winter and I can wear this anytime of year. It gives a light peachy pink color and very slight shimmer and shows up on me whether I have a tan or not. Looks almost like your bare face but way better. It helps contour your cheeks without looking like "hello, I have blush on!" A bit expensive but worth it. Would def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by rex33

I will never use another blush, totally worth every penny.
Looks light, natural, and shimmery, and by the end of the day even outlasts the powder I used to use. Looks great in both winter when I'm p-a-l-e and summer when I am more tanned.
When I asked the sales girl for this color, after she rang me up she watched me apply it right there in the store and said "Wow, that color looks awesome on you!".
It is a bit heavy on the fragrance though, as with most Lancome products.
One last con is that the blusher brush that comes with the compact is lame. I've never used that tiny thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best blush ever! It's the perfect shade of peachy pinky bronze. It works when I have very fair skin in fall and winter and now when I have a slight tan from vacation. It has a very subtle sheen to it and gives your skin a very nice glow. It makes your skin look like you are just naturally flushed...it's not obvious at all! And you can keep adding more until you achieve a desired look...for example, I might only use a little in the morning when I'm pressed for time, but when I want more emphasis on my cheeks at night, I'll just use more. Like all Lancome products, this stuff isn't cheap, but it's sooo worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by TAKEN826

The make-up sales lady sold me on this stuff... and she was right. It's not like any other blush I have ever seen... it's like this perfect balance of just enough pink, peach and tan... it's natural, it's subtle. Perfect if you have fair to medium skin which you do NOT tan in the winter months, just use this and you will look healthy, not made-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by one

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, Love, Love. To everyone who suggested this blush - THANK YOU!

This is the perfect nude blush for my PPP complexion. Meil Glace shows as a nude kissed with pink on me. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping Chanel's JOUES CONTRASTE Blush in Nude would be (but was way too warm). It isn't very glittery, but it does have a shimmer. There is a scent, but not overwhelmingly so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin with dry/flaky cheeks in the winter and have always had a problem with my blushes because of it. My blushes always seemed to scream, "Hey check out my dry patches!" I would then try light reflecting blushes only to leave my house looking like the dancing queen at 9am. Blush was something that I just decided to skip, even though I really needed it - because it actually seemed to make me look worse. (I'm a PPP for ref).

Like many others on here, I own a ton of blushes ranging from Nars, Clinique, MAC, Christian Dior, you name it. I've found HG products before I never felt like I had a blush that truly hit the spot, they always seemed chalky, had too much glitter, the color was off or muddy...that is, until I tried Lancome.

I had only associated Lancome with my Definicils mascara which I've used forever. I never really thought to look at their blushes since I had tunnel vision for many years and stuck by my MAC. While I still love MAC for their shadows, etc. I have realized that in my late twenties, my needs have changed. I value quality more now and want to look polished and a little more natural/effortless now that my time is limited.

The color of the blush is as others have described it, an extremely light pinky-mauvy-peach with some sparkle. Not tacky, chunky sparkle...subtle, classy, "GLOW". It's a very buildable color and I highly recommend using a quality blush for application.

The color is extremely versatile and will basically match most eyeshadows/gloss colors so although it is pricey, it will reduce the need for you to buy multiple colors.

The texture glides on like satin and the lasting power is incredible, the quality is apparent and worth all 2,800 pennies.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This is a nudish/pink, slightly rose blush. If it were not for the reviews here, I would have easily side stepped using this blush.
In the pan it looks sort of blah, nothing special, but once applied gives a nice, gorgeous glow.
I am very fair, PPP with cool undertones, and this works great for me. (I thought it might be a tad warm for my skintone).