October 21, 2014 | 1229 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great as a wash. As a mask it is a little irritating but I think it works to clear my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

I have: combination/super oily/acne-prone skin.
Best use for this product: I have huge pores on my nose that look disgusting when dirt becomes trapped in them. Biore pore strips have never done anything for me, neither have other cleansers. But this product cleans them out completely.

First I get my face damp (not dripping) with warm water and apply this mask. I leave it until it has dried enough it won't smear off when touched. Then, turning the water as hot as I can stand, I hold my fingers under the faucet and then press them against my nose and massage the skin gently. I repeat this until the mask is mostly off my nose, and then I rinse off all of it with warm water. I think the combination of heat+rubbing+slow removal is what makes this method work for me.

One caveat: my skin is ALWAYS a little red and tight after doing this, so I do this only once a week and at night. And afterwards, I skip any topical acne medication, and I add a drop of jojoba oil to my regular nighttime lotion (I can't wear creams without breaking out). Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Julbot

I like this a lot and it does well as an everyday face wash. I play volleyball so after practice this is what I wash my face with and it always feels clean and I have seen a difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by amkclaes

I absolutely love this stuff. Its seriously life saving. For regular maintenance, it works stunningly well -- I forgot to pack it on a 2 week trip once and my skin was a mess (I also forgot my moisturizer and other key parts of my routine but I digress). When I got back, I clarisonic-ed with my cleanser and did this mask, and THE NEXT DAY my skin was dramatically improved. The mask part of this is awesome. If you have a breakout, this at night will give definite improvement in the morning. (not perfection, but improvement.) I can't see myself using a different product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hopeneverdies33

I have spent so much money trying to find a face wash that worked for me. Because of my combination skin, I leaned toward salicylic acid face washes that never seemed to work for me at all. I have very oily, dry, and acne prone skin. This face wash is more gentle than Clean & Clear's face wash with 10% benzoyl peroxide and works wonders. At first, my chin and around my mouth got very dry for about a month, so I'd alternate with something gentle like Cetaphil..unfortunately the acne flared up again when I did that. Eventually, my skin was able to tolerate the benzoyl peroxide and I could wash my face twice a day again with it. I love it!! I do break out a little around "that time of the month," but its usually one small pimple. I don't get nasty whiteheads on my chin anymore or blemishes on my cheeks or forehead. My skin is less oily, but my noon I still need to use oil blotting sheets. I absolutely love this product and I'm so glad I finally found something that works for me. Forget ProActiv, everyone's skin is different and you need to use trial and error to find something that works for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by rubie17

omg! this product burnt my skin! i used it as a mask one day and the next morning i had broken out so bad! i assummed that the mask had purged my pores or whatever, so i used it as a cleanser this time and washed my face with it and used a washcloth, then i had realized that my red washcloth was turning white because the cleanser had bleached it right away! the next day my sister saw my face and said that what i thought were bumps on my left cheek were actually really bad burns! i still have scars from it and that was two months ago. do not use this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i usually use neutrogena facial cleanser Acne Wash but wanted to try somehting different since our skin changes with age. I did not like this product because made my skin too greesy and did not prevent furture blemishes or acne. Philosophy Purity cleanser is better bit more expensive but love that my skin felt fully clean and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This cleanser is HG-amazing, I'm so glad I found it! I don't know what's been going on with my skin lately, for the last several months I've basically had one or two blemishes SOMEWHERE on my face at all times and some clogged pores too. Its been very frustrating. Since I've started using this cleanser- no more of that. I can't believe how effective this has been for me, and I noticed an improvement right away. I almost want to call this a miracle product- it dried up my blemishes and the little plugs inside my pores now practically fall out on their own. Yes I know that's gross but it's very satisfying when a skincare product yields results like that. And on top of everything else, my skin has been less oily generally speaking. Loving this!
Now as you can imagine, this cleanser is really strong and also quite drying. I would not recommend this for those with sensitive or drier skins. There is a bracing, tingling sensation on my face whenever I apply this, but it doesn't bother me at all and I've experienced no irritation. I have only used this as a mask once so far and I had no problem leaving it on for the recommended 5 minutes, I could have even left it on for longer. I think it's kind of neat that I can use this product as both a cleanser and a mask too.
I just couldn't be happier with this cleanser, I'm so glad I finally found something that cleared my face up once and for all. This product probably isn't for everybody but it's definitely for me! I plan to stock up and hoard as many tubes of this as I can simply because everything I love seems to wind up discontinued. This is terrific! Effective, fast-acting, and inexpensive too- what more could you ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to say this, but I will not repurchase this product. I'm sticking with my Clean & Clear wash! I do love that this has benzoyl peroxide, but honestly there are a lot better BP cleansers on the market that will not make your face as red. I have persistent hormonal chin acne and while using this, some of my acne was brought to the surface (which I expected). I didn't have any dryness or peeling (thank god!). But overall, this product irritated the crap out my face and I'm NOT allergic to BP. My face looked a lot more red and my acne scars and hyperpigmentation were darkened because of this cleanser. If any of you have experienced the same side effects from using this product, I would personally recommend either trying out Clean & Clear's Continous Acne Control Acne Cleanser (with 10% bp) or PanOxyl. These products control my acne just as good (if not better) and do not make my face as red or irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ameliaavenuee

I'm 18 years old, and always had trouble with my face. It was never too bad, nobody would say I had "acne"- as in a problem with it, but I constantly had a slight break out at least. I finally found this product after skin ID stopped being made and it's amazing. It's the only thing thats actually cleared up my face, not only getting rid of blemishes but also making it less red (I'm a redhead with fair skin, so a red face kind of comes with the trade). I hardly have to use foundation anymore, just to even out my skin, and no concealer. I use it twice a day, and then at least twice a week as a mask, and I absolutely love it. I have weird skin, thats gets oily throughout the day but dries out really easily, and this was perfect for it. I definitely recommend it for anyone like me.