October 1, 2014 | 1810 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought it in Natural Light. It looks really artificial. Is this what they call "Natural Glow"?!! The cheap sparkly things in this base just tend to sit there on my skin, looking like... well... cheap sparkly things sitting on my skin. It doesn't really look natural, and it doesn't make my skin look truly radiant.

Not wanting to see my money go down the drain, I mix a little portion of it with my daily moisturizer in an attempt to use it up. Well it looks okay when used like this, but at the end of the day, it really isn't enhancing my complexion.
    Its just a "cheap" drugstore product that makes empty promises - and I wouldn't even call it cheap since I spent almost 10 on a tube of this, and now I have to try and use it up even though I'm not interested in using this stuff anymore.

UPDATE : I've been trying out Shiseido's Sheer Enhancing Base. It works better than this stuff, that's for sure... because it illuminates without you having to see little specks of glittery stuff sitting on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by curlyleo

Number one, this is not the kind of loose powder to liberally dust on to set your makeup. I did that the first time and looked either like a disco ball or an oil slick, depending on the lighting. Then I started to use just a LITTLE BIT all over my face with a little more to highlight my cheekbones and that made all the difference in the world. Pretty, glowy, healthy looking skin! Cons: packaging is ugly and the little brush inside isn't good for a light, even application. I would repurchase if I ever used it up (it would take years at the rate I'm using it now!) This would also be great if you want to soften a foundation that's slightly too matte for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dimples109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives your face a nice "sun-kissed" look with the perfect amount of shimmer. You get a nice healthy glow. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I wanted it for ages and eventually got it really cheap in a discount Revlon store. I think normally it is quite expensive but worth it because of the amount you get. I bought it in 'Natural light' as I am very fair. I adore the packaging, it is rather bulky, but I wouldn't want to carry it around with me anyway, love the cute little brush in the lid. Provides a lovely shimmer, great for cheek-bones. Would re-purchase if I ever get through it all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2005 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hottie5576

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice highlighter. Expensive though for a drug store brand. I use it mixed with lotion to apply to collarbone. I also use it to highlight cheekbones and under browbones. Comes with a little brush, which is ok for the face but way to small for other other areas. They are generous with the amount in container. I will never use all of mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RIS in Natural Light. I really like this product, for the price it's as good as any of my high end ones. I have tried every highlighter on the market, and this holds it's own against MAC, Scott Barnes, YSL...it's pretty and does the job! I like just a dot on the centre of the apple of the cheek over a pinky blush. I am NC35, and this isn't too ashy or white on me. Some points off for the bulky packaging! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 8:01:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 02 Bronze Light which is a lovely shimmery bronze color. It looks just great on my warm complexion and the glow it gives is totally amazing.It stays long enough all day and I don't think the package is clumsy at all.Besides,it's great that it comes with its own brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by keahi

This is a fantastic d/s product. I had the natural light one I think (it had minimal color added). I have a sparkling powder from Laura Mercier as well and I'm tempted to say I like the Revlon better. The sparkle is finer and much more subtle in the L.M. which is probably a sign of quality or something, but sometimes I feel if I'm going to use a sparkly powder than I want to see some sparkle darnit! Anyway, sparkly loose powder seems like one of those novelty products there's just no need to buy high-end in. Save your money and get the Revlon instead. Just as good IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Supa

I looooooooove this product!! I bought this both in Natural Light and Warm Light so that I can use it as a highlighter and bronzer. The shimmer in this is amazing. Sometimes when I feel that the shimmer is a bit too much, I mix it with my loose face powder and it makes it perfect. The packaging looks neat and although I don't use the brush that came with it, I think it's very cute. I'm pretty sure these two would last me a long long time, but I'd definately repurchase. Excellent buy for the price. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2005 4:31:00 AM More reviews by roxxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Bare Light loose powder, and the only reason I regret buying it is that I would have liked to go a few shades deeper, maybe even into the bronzes. Plus it's kind of expensive, at least here in Canada, and the worst part is that it NEVER RUNS OUT. I will seriously have to wait years to go back and get the shade I want. I guess that's what you get for being cheap.