Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 2/19/2010 7:35:00 PM

wow i actually had no idea how much everyone else loved this mascara, although i too can't fault it. i only bought it because i was in desperate need of a mascara and i had hardly any money.. i think it was 4.99?! i have now had it for maybe 3 or 4 months now and i still havent ran out, even though i use alottt of mascara. i have decided to buy colossal maybelline mascara though now because i want even more volume. i am beginning to find that this mascara brush is collecting too much mascara though so i need to wipe some off the sides.. so its probably about timei got a new one anyway?
overall, pretty good, nearly never clumps, and pretty voluminous :)

on 1/30/2010 9:08:00 AM

I have shorter eyelashes, and I have used tons of Mascara (Max Factor Great Lash does NOTHING for me). And I have also used Maybelline Full N' Soft and I really liked that mascara, however I wanted to try something different. After all these commercials I saw on TV I decided to buy it... Luckily when I went to the store it was on sale.

I went home and put it on, It doesn't clump my eyelashes at all, it doesn't flake on my or anything. I really like this one and Maybelline Products seem to always do wonders for me. But this is byfar my favorite mascara so far! I will definitely purchase this again!!!

on 1/22/2010 11:47:00 PM

i'm a big beauty junkie and have used many many mascaras but i think i still like this one the most! it really holds up the curl and i like to use the waterproof one b/c it dries faster. i really need something that holds the curl because i wear contacts and it can get uncomfortable if my lashes are always hanging halfway. Easily removable using Ponds cold cream.

on 1/19/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my absolute favorite mascara - over Fiberwig & Dior Blackout. A lot of product comes out of the tube b/c the wand is thick. I load the product into my lashline with the tip of the wand, then I start fanning them out. My lashes are instantly dark, full and long. It does clump but I actually prefer that thick, heavy lash look. The waterproof version is better - I find that it holds the eyelash curl in place. When your lashes are dry, try taking the eyelash curler as close as possible to your lash line and give it squeeze. You will find all of your lashes instantly higher, wider and longer b/c the mascara dries pretty hard and freezes them into place!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of maybellines very rare wonderful mascaras that have been around for years. I assume that because its excellent, theyll soon replace it with some crap for the new decade (enough with the 2 step mascaras already did you really need to repackage 3 exsisting ones and add yet another crappy new one? come on...) Anyways this one was my holy grail mascara of high school. I loved both the washable and waterproof, although I steer more towards waterproof in this because of its more liquid consistency. I goes on clump free and gives you a beautiful fanned out look. no clumps and the tube will last quite a while maybe 2 months. How theyve had this for years and years and it being so great could they have invented the colossal monstrosity???

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a great mascara that does exactly what it says- provides volume to my lashes. It makes my lashes look so natural yet better.

on 1/7/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is pretty crappy mascara. I don't like the wand, and it's very hard to get an application that looks nice without clumps. I bought this on a whim, just to try a new mascara, since I was going somewhere and forgot to put mascara on. lol. Since I only needed a mascara for one day, I thought I would try something new. I definitely will not repurchase. I like Maybelline Define-A-Lash a LOT better. And recently, for a much more fuller lash without clumps, I've been loving Bare Escentuals Buxom lash!

on 1/7/2010 11:46:00 AM

-This is a good everyday mascara for those who go for a natural look.
-Does not clump.
-Seperate lashes well
-I bought the waterproof black tube, but at the end of the day, it ALWAYS smear under my eye.

I still prefer lash blast..

on 12/24/2009 5:04:00 AM

its a good mascara for me. it does give my asian lashes some volume and length.. but it does require 4-5 good coats to achieve that result and it might clump by then. but the final result is beautiful the brush is a bit big for my taste. i get smudges a lot of time,especially when i am in a hurry. but it does what it says, it gives volume quite quickly..

on 12/15/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of those products that is sort of wishy-washy...I don't have any problems with it - it doesn't smudge, applies extremely easily, and gives my lashes some length and a bit of volume, but overall it really doesn't do anything outstanding. For $7.99 on sale, I don't care, but I don't think I would repurchase. As most of you fine ladies, we are always on the hunt for a great mascara, and while this one is good, that's about all it is - just good. Ho hum.
Edit: Ok, this has turned from just ok to pretty crappy, pretty quick. Clumps galore! I tried rinsing the brush out completely and starting fresh but no dice. What a waste.