April 20, 2014 | 1031 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - Time Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by moments12

Well, initially when I started using this, I fell in love with it and started recommending to all my friends. It conceals everything extremely well. My main concern was under-eye - dark circles, fine lines etc, occasionally pimples also and it worked.

However, after many months, I can't give you an accurate timing, but I noticed the cream seemed to dry up a lot. I did not read so much into it at first. However, I began to see fine lines appearing more obviously in photos especially during the winter and it was unsightly in photos. I wonder why because when I have no make up on, the lines were okay. Initially, I thought I was getting older and should be concerned with wrinkles and wanted to get anti-aging eye cream to cure it. But I was only 22 years old. A salesperson I met in the airport told me that my lines were just mild laughing lines and I should not worry about it when I was barefaced. So later on, I discovered it was this concealer that was amplifying the problem. I spoke to a makeup artist and was recommended to use Time Balm as a face concealer instead of under-eye. Hence, now I am on a lookout for under-eye concealer again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. Not worth the money at all. Its thick, slides off easily, unhygienic jar. I now use MUFE full coverage concealer which has been fantastic, especially for dark eye circles!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

Ouch.

Contra:
- cakes in the fine lines. Sits there comfortably, yelling: "Look, peeps, masa_inn has fine lines!!"
- does not cover my dark circles. Yes, they are pretty bad; but I expected a good coverage from this product. Instead of covering them Time Balm makes them zombie-gray. Yeah, I know I need a corrector, but I'd rather shell out the same $$ for BB.
- disappeares in about 3 hours effectively rendering all the above moot.

Mind you, I tried it with moisturizing cream under, without; tried melting, not melting; applying with my fingers, with a brush; and standing on my head. Same results, or lack thereof.

Pro:
- I can return this crap in a jar to Sephora.

Bummer. I do need concealer; and I love TheBalm.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by LeJaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best concealer I've EVER used and I have fairly dark circles under my eyes. It's creamy and covers extremely well. I haven't had issues with orange-ness as someone mentioned. I'm fair and they have the perfect light-medium colour. Sephora helped me pick it out otherwise I may have chosen a different colour. I also like that it's actually good for your skin so you can put it on at nite after your eye cream too but I never think to do that. Anyways, so far this is my HG of concealers by far. Also, here's a tip that may help: I've noticed if I wait to put powder on top of the concealer until after I've finished the rest of my make up it doesn't look dry or show lines.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. It looked like the perfect cover up, but for me it fell very short. This is not as creamy as it looks. I found this very thick and very hard to really melt into my skin. The shade for me was off - even the shade I thought would look right still looked a little orange on me. The container of this is a pain for when you try to get the concealer out. I just was not happy with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have somewhat bad circles, emphasized by the old-lady bags I'm starting to get. I went on a concealer mission and Time Balm was on my list. The price is decent for a non-d/s brand, and the formula is neither too greasy nor too dry. (For reference, I'm NW15 and Light was a good match.) The screw-top packaging is cheap, but compact. However, despite all my application tricks, this settled right into my lines and took a nice nap. Worse, it created new lines. (Insert sad face.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this about 3 months ago, I'm not too much of a fan of it because I don't think it hides enough to be a concealer.

To be honest, I don't have a lot to cover at the moment but it didn't do much for me.

It is creamy, must dab into areas before blending because the first area you apply to is gonna continue to have that first touch mark. It's a little hard to blend out.

For $18, I think you can get a better concealer that actually conceals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LIKES: creamy, opaque, not too rich so that it is unblendable, relatively good staying power (my face gets oily around mid day and it is still there but disappears at end of day)

DISLIKES: does NOT work well for dry skin in my experience - i lay off this in the winter because the consistency just accentuates dry areas, the cap is inconvenient, can settle into fine lines and doesn't have any moisturizing quality, the sponge is kind of useless as i don't want to put it back in after i use it, no anti-wrinkle properties that i can tell...

I see how people compare this to MAC studio finish. I have both and don't particularly prefer one to the other. They are both decent concealers but a little too rich for under eye and dryer skin (I have combo skin). I am shade NC35 in Studio Finish and I got Medium which is a pretty close match but less yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

Don't understand the raves about this here. Does nothing for me. It looks pigmented does not cover my very dark circles. Does not even brighten the area. Bought the shade Light, a little too dark for me. But dare not try lighter than light, Coz it looks white when I applied it on my hand. And so the search for HG concealer continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know at some point in my life, I considered this product to be HG. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not a stickler for makeup hygiene in that I don't consider tubs of makeup to be inherently evil, but WOW this product attracts dirt. I always apply concealer with a finger to warm it up and if I have even the tiniest clothing fiber on my finger it gets trapped in the sticky pot. Not only that, if while I'm wearing it I encounter even a tiny speck of dust it will also stick to my eye. This stuff is so, so sticky. So sticky it transcends creaminess.

It also has cheap and unwieldy packaging and mediocre staying powder (it sinks into the skin but floats to the top after an hour). If you're like me and have seriously purple dark circles, I'd recommend a similar but superior product, Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer.