Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, c12-15 alkyl octanoate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, lauroyl lysine, acrylates copolymer, pentaerythrityl, tetraoctanoate, farnesylacetate, farnesol, bisabolol, pathenyl triacetate, BHT, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this review is for the SOFT MATTE bronzer.
i first have to say that it's huge. 21 grams is the biggest size in a pressed powder format that i've ever seen, which is quite good since this is a very expensive bronzer.
there is only one color which i think would suit many skintones, except for very dark ones. it's not too pigmented so it's not easy to go overboard with it, and i find this a great quality in a bronzer.
i would describe the color as a medium brown/bronze with slight reddish undertones. it does not lean orange at all.
when applied (with measure) it gives a gorgeous sunkissed look. a luminous matte would be a good description of it. it has absolutely no shimmery particles in it, but the texture is silky and not chalky so i guess that's what makes it a little luminous.
it doesn't accentuate any bumps or scars on my face and is easily blended.
i apply it on my cheekbones, chin, forehead and just a little over the bridge of my nose and i look like the sun hit me a little, without being too dark or orange.
it comes with a brush that is made of natural fibers and which is excellent for contouring, but is a little scratchy.
also, it has quite a big mirror which is very convenient for touch-ups.
i did state that i would buy this product again, but considering the amount of it, i highly doubt this will happen in the next several years

on 6/28/2011 5:24:00 PM

Matte version: great bronzer, and I wish the original version of the perfume of the same name was in my budget now. Good color and pigmentation; isn't delicate/fallout-prone (unlike my Wet n Wild Goddess bronzer, which I still like except for this issue). It's non-shimmery (when you look at it in the pan you can see a soft gold shimmer, but it doesn't show on the face) and non-orangey, which is what I was looking for in a bronzer.

Like my Wet N Wild bronzer, it has a hint of reddish/coppery tone. However, it's not as deep and pigmented than that one - that said, that bronzer's great pigmentation might go with the territory of a softer, more delicate powder. Bronze Goddess is for a more subtle look but still shows up well.

It comes in a large compact with a nice big mirror - it's great on-the-go and you get plenty of product. I'd much rather have a mirror in my compact than room for a built-in brush I probably won't use.

on 6/7/2011 5:37:00 PM

This review is for the double bronze goddess with both the lighter and darker colors. I bought this bronzer to match my face with the rest of my body, which I am using a self-tanner on. I am extremely pale (wear Linen in Double Wear), so I was initially happy that the bronzer did not overwhelm my face. However, as the days have gone by I'm not as pleased with the color. The bronzer looks natural, and seems to stay on forever, but it just isn't dark enough. I think this would be a great bronzer to use in the winter months. However, it can't keep up with my tan in the summer. I have since switched to Laguna from Nars, which has a much darker color. Estee Lauder always makes great products though, so I'm going to keep this bronzer and use it for when I'm not so dark.

on 5/31/2011 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love, love, love this bronzer! After trying many different kids of bronzers, this one is the ONLY one I will use from now on. I use the soft matte shade because I like that it does not have much shimmer. The color never looks orange and it is a fabulous product to help fake or enhance a tan. I dust this lightly all over my face and it helps absorb oil and set my makeup. Gives me a glow! Fabulous!

I have been using this bronzer for over a year and I am still in love. I love the packaging, its pretty but also useful and has saved the contents from breaking several times over! The bronzer gives me a really lovely polished glow without a hint of orange or powder. I have used it all year round and although I know its been around for ages I just wanted to share with you all! I have the soft matte because I dont like shimmer but I have tried the others and like them all too. I have also been known to use it to fill in any bits I have missed with the fake tan too!

on 4/2/2011 7:30:00 PM

i love this bronzer. i own a lot. (hoola, laguna, stila, etc etc).. i finally decided on this. It usually runs $30.. but its worth it.. its HUGE. I'm the lightest EL foundation shade in 1N1 Ecru in DW... this bronzer works for me. Hoola seems like a wonderful contour but not necessarily a bronzer... even on my pale skin. Laguna looks muddy on me and Stila is wayyyy too orange. I really just love Estee Lauder.. they offer wonderful products.

on 2/23/2011 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this as part of a huge, gold makeup case filled with Estee Lauder goodies (a very nice Christmas gift). I'm afraid of bronzer normally due to my ivory/porcelain skintone. However, I used this recently, fluffing it on with a big brush, just on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. It looked really good - the only bronzer I've ever used that looks natural and not "dirty" on my white skin. lovely product, wish I had the full-size...:)

on 2/7/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is expensive and comes out a little dark on me. I might be using too heavy of a hand with it though. I am not sure if I will be repurchasing or heading on to another line for a nice bronzer next time.

on 2/2/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love bronzer, and have tried many different kinds. This one is definitely my favorite one. It doesn't make me look orange, and it doesn't look fake.

I love the packaging, and the mirror is an added bonus. I don't take it with me in my purse because I'm scared it'll break.

I also like how it doesn't smell weird. I've had some bronzers that have an odd smell, but this one doesn't.

It doesn't feel heavy when you put it on, so your face still feels natural, which is great.

on 1/27/2011 9:46:00 AM

A great all round bronzer, it definately suits most skin types and you do get a lot of product and a whacking great mirror, which probably contributes to the 26 price tag!

When I was looking at the bronzer in store the tester blocks were all together, the shimmery bronzers were above the 'matte' ones, and there was quite a bit of fall down so it was hard to really test them. I asked the consultant whether the 'soft matte' bronzer was completely matte and whether the sparkly bits on it had just fallen from the other ones. She confirmed that this was the case... however when I got home and opened the beautiful compact... It was very much shimmery!!! Which I didn't want. I tried it anyway, and I'm glad a did! The shimmer doesn't transfer on to the skin in the same way and leaves what I would describe as soft matte which is lovely and very wearable.

The brush that comes with it is quite awkward to use and hairs are falling out here and there but it's handy for the neck. My synthetic brush doesn't pick much up though, so I use the provided one to put the product in the general areas and then I buff it in properly with my synthetic.

I don't use the mirror at all as it's quite large to carry it around, and I wouldn't want to take it out with me in case the bronzer broke up anyway so I would rather they didn't include the mirror and made it a bit more affordable!

Popular Bronzers