April 20, 2014 | 1022 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ESTHETICIANNM

Too dark for me! I'am very pale....especially in the fall/winter. Maybe in summer I could pull it off? I notice it looks great on others :D Just not me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I am really impressed by this product. I have very pale skin and have had bad experiences with bronzer in the past. I wanted to get a Bronzer recently however to try and sculpt myself some cheekbones. The sales assistant tested this on the back of my hand by putting a little bit of tape on tha back of my hand and then dusting over it. At first it looked like there was hardly any on my hand until she removed the tape.

The colour is lovely and I have been able to use it in different ways - with a blusher to try and create the effects of having cheek bones, all over to create a healthy glow and even to set my makeup when I had forgotten my powder at the gym. The colour is subtle - it just gives a sheer hint of a glow - you could add more if you wanted.

This might be expensive but I can't see me needing a new bronzer in the near future because it takes so little of the product. I was a little put off initially when I opened the bronzer for the first time and saw what looked like glitter after having specifically chosen this one because it was matte but thankfully it does not look glittery or shimmery on.

I also really like the packaging - a really big mirror and a not bad brush for little top ups during the day - not that I have needed any!

For reference, my skin tone is NW20 in the new MAC foundation - Pro-wear plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

My only HG product so far. Everything else is replaceable - not this. Soft Matte Bronzer is the best stuff out there. Not too orange, not too brown, not too ashy - just beautiful and healthy-looking, even on pale skins like mine. Doesn't contain shimmer, however it still gives you that subtle diffused glow wherever you apply. This product will never look fake, cakey or unnatural in any way. It just transforms your entire face and takes you from tired and blank to bright and youthful; never fails me. Plus the pan is huge and will last you for absolutely ages so I find it's worth the cash. Will repurchase enthusiastically.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Amazing! I really love this stuff. Its a strange, subtle reddish brown shade that somehow doesn't look like bronzer on my very pale yellow skin- it looks natural. Its very buildable, has no noticeable shimmer on me and blends smoothly. When I use a small amount of this strategically, it just looks like I have cheekbones.I've actually had compliments, even though they disappear off my round face when I wash it! The best part? No breakouts. Most bronzers (Clinique, Dior, Cargo, etc) give me cysts even after a day. This came in a large size as gift with purchase. Its pricey and I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise, but now I will definitely consider splurging when it runs out. To find a versatile, buildable bronzer that works very pale skin and doesn't break me out- a great find.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by sparksrocks

LOVE this bronzer. Have been using it for years, it gives you a nice even glow without that orange-y look. Also the compact is large and will last you for quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by blainereyes

Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer goes on beautifully and can be used lightly or built up for evening occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by MAIRA

The perfect bronzer I think.. it is easily applies and it is long lansting. I choose the dark shade for the summer which is a warm brown without turn to orange as the most bronzers do. I suggest it and I will buy it again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I frikin love this bronzer! It is very subtle and won't make you look like Snooki, but gives you a great glow. I use this everyday to liven up my face. It is expensive (as is mostly all of Estee Lauder products) but it is one of my all time favorites. The packaging is really cute too! The bronzer does not break me out or make me oily/dry. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got the freebie sized pot which immediately fell apart upon using. I don't consider this much of a bronzer as much as a contour, as it is not a warm golden tone so much as a brick-brown. It is a bit too reddish for a natural look and an awkward blend of a matte with some shimmer particles. Also unimpressed with the quality of the powder and application- it seemed like the kind of cheap product that comes in the huge value packs of powder eyeshadow. I throw it in my purse if i really need a bit of color, as its somewhat subtle, but I wouldn't buy this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG bronzer. I use this in the "soft matte bronzer" color and it's wonderful on my NC30 skin. Never orange, just a wonderful sunkissed look. I toss the brush that comes with it, eventhough it's nice quality, because I prefer to apply it with a kabuki-style brush. I leave the plastic in however to keep moisture out.
The compact is pretty and comes with a mirror inside. It's priced at around $30, so not terrible. I buy it during GWP time.