November 25, 2014 | 1890 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Greenidgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is expensive and comes out a little dark on me. I might be using too heavy of a hand with it though. I am not sure if I will be repurchasing or heading on to another line for a nice bronzer next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Eleos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love bronzer, and have tried many different kinds. This one is definitely my favorite one. It doesn't make me look orange, and it doesn't look fake.

I love the packaging, and the mirror is an added bonus. I don't take it with me in my purse because I'm scared it'll break.

I also like how it doesn't smell weird. I've had some bronzers that have an odd smell, but this one doesn't.

It doesn't feel heavy when you put it on, so your face still feels natural, which is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Trincy

A great all round bronzer, it definately suits most skin types and you do get a lot of product and a whacking great mirror, which probably contributes to the 26 price tag!

When I was looking at the bronzer in store the tester blocks were all together, the shimmery bronzers were above the 'matte' ones, and there was quite a bit of fall down so it was hard to really test them. I asked the consultant whether the 'soft matte' bronzer was completely matte and whether the sparkly bits on it had just fallen from the other ones. She confirmed that this was the case... however when I got home and opened the beautiful compact... It was very much shimmery!!! Which I didn't want. I tried it anyway, and I'm glad a did! The shimmer doesn't transfer on to the skin in the same way and leaves what I would describe as soft matte which is lovely and very wearable.

The brush that comes with it is quite awkward to use and hairs are falling out here and there but it's handy for the neck. My synthetic brush doesn't pick much up though, so I use the provided one to put the product in the general areas and then I buff it in properly with my synthetic.

I don't use the mirror at all as it's quite large to carry it around, and I wouldn't want to take it out with me in case the bronzer broke up anyway so I would rather they didn't include the mirror and made it a bit more affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by coldshoulders

I was given a sample of this bronzer, and finally got around to giving it a go. I have pale cool toned skin and live in a cold weather climate. I don't use bronzer usually because I have tried in the past and haven't been happy with the product.
This one is nice and sheer, blends well and gives me some much needed color. I can use too much and it still comes out looking pretty good. I also find that it lasts for quite awhile which might make paying the hefty price a little easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've always been afraid to try bronzers, but I'm really happy I let the EL sa talk me into this one. I'm very fair, but I have rosacea so I don't tan. This bronzer gave me a very nice glow, nothing orange or muddy. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I practically never buy bronzers because my skin is so white and pink-toned that I figure most would look unnatural. I have one from Stila that I never use because it's too orange, and for contouring, I've tried to use taupe shades without brown bases, but I didn't think they looked natural.

This bronzer is very easy for me to use as a contour. I just brush it under my cheekbones as lightly or heavily as I want, and I can wear it alone, or with blush and/or highlighter. The shade is warm and earthy, with slight shimmer that I don't really see on the skin. It's tightly pressed, so it doesn't pile on with application, and it's not dusty at all, so product doesn't get wasted by blowing off the top of the pan or a brush.

If the color works on me, I'd guess it works on most skintones. I'm very happy with this bronzer and that I can finally contour when I feel like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Lynstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This bronzer is not for me. As of now my skin is paler that its winter NC20-25 and i was looking for a bronzer to add a golden warm glow to my skin so i dont look dead!
I was recommended this by a friend. It was so expensive 30e or so, but the compact it quite large with a decent mirror, so that makes up for it a bit...however im not sure about the product.
When i initially apply the product to my skin it looks nice and golden...but a few hours laters its more of a dirty brown and makes me look pink or something. It also looks a little patchy which is annoying too. However it is longlasting on the skin.

This does not work for me because of the colour and my pale skin but it might work when im more tan in the summer. Ill wait and see.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ESTHETICIANNM

Too dark for me! I'am very pale....especially in the fall/winter. Maybe in summer I could pull it off? I notice it looks great on others :D Just not me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I am really impressed by this product. I have very pale skin and have had bad experiences with bronzer in the past. I wanted to get a Bronzer recently however to try and sculpt myself some cheekbones. The sales assistant tested this on the back of my hand by putting a little bit of tape on tha back of my hand and then dusting over it. At first it looked like there was hardly any on my hand until she removed the tape.

The colour is lovely and I have been able to use it in different ways - with a blusher to try and create the effects of having cheek bones, all over to create a healthy glow and even to set my makeup when I had forgotten my powder at the gym. The colour is subtle - it just gives a sheer hint of a glow - you could add more if you wanted.

This might be expensive but I can't see me needing a new bronzer in the near future because it takes so little of the product. I was a little put off initially when I opened the bronzer for the first time and saw what looked like glitter after having specifically chosen this one because it was matte but thankfully it does not look glittery or shimmery on.

I also really like the packaging - a really big mirror and a not bad brush for little top ups during the day - not that I have needed any!

For reference, my skin tone is NW20 in the new MAC foundation - Pro-wear plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

My only HG product so far. Everything else is replaceable - not this. Soft Matte Bronzer is the best stuff out there. Not too orange, not too brown, not too ashy - just beautiful and healthy-looking, even on pale skins like mine. Doesn't contain shimmer, however it still gives you that subtle diffused glow wherever you apply. This product will never look fake, cakey or unnatural in any way. It just transforms your entire face and takes you from tired and blank to bright and youthful; never fails me. Plus the pan is huge and will last you for absolutely ages so I find it's worth the cash. Will repurchase enthusiastically.