April 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hi everybody - My name is Sanja and i am a lip balm addict! I have purchased almost anything that has balm in the name and if its French and its got "baume"...then its going in the cart regadless of anything....Yes i have a serious problem BUT products such as Nuxe Reve de Miel are plain enablers since this purchase has proven to be nothing but a positive influence in my beauty routine :)
I love this balm because its different than anything else i have. Its a balm and its moisturizing but its also dry and matte; all at the same time...I know - its a contradiction! Reve de Miel is absorbed into the lip and creates a dryish matte finish but your lips still feel nourished and protected. Girls who hate the gloss finish and the sticky aftermath WILL LOVE THIS! The initial grittiness will also helps exfoliate the lip surface as an added little bonus.
The texture is a little off putting at first but once you are used to it this will be a necessity. The scent is mild to me and comforting to say the least - nothing too sweet or heady like some other honey-scented products.
This is becoming a pattern for me - yet another product that is HTF but definitively worth the hunt :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by VSell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll keep this short and sweet. This product is amazing!! It's so thick but doesn't feel heavy on the lips at all, you can feel it moisturising within seconds of putting it on. It has a very slight gritty texture which sinks in not long after but you can feel this exfoliating your lips as you go. In terms of longevity, this knocks the socks off any lip product I've ever tried, if you put this on before bed you can actually feel it when you wake up in the morning, incredible!

I've gone into further detail on my blog here:

In short, you'll struggle to find anything as nourishing, healing and smoothing as this. And if you...let me know! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Camillian74

A lip balm that is not glossy or waxy. Finally, a lip balm that sits naturally on my lips and hydrates them the way a lip balm should. Its matte so I can wear it underneath any lip stick/stain without it making an awful glossy, slippery mess!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is proof that I am still a sucker for a really good review. I still have no clue what I was thinking when I shelled out the cash for this, because it is ridiculously overpriced. The little glass jar is neat, and it has a stuffy sounding French name, and it's not that common here in the US, so one can feel really rich and European pulling it out of their bag. Personally, I like applying lip products with my fingertip, so there's that...and it's also a very dense formula that stays on your lips really well...but that is probably because it is full of super grade bees wax or something.

I really don't find it all that luxurious or comfortable to use. It's...grainy. Kind of rough. And sticky. Sort of suffocates your lips. And it does not moisturize any better than other less expensive lip balms I've used. The scent is just okay, nothing special. I won't be buying again when this runs out, as I am sure I can find many other better and ridiculously overpriced things to blow my money on next time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Rarely do products live up to the hype - for me, this one does. It is a thick, heavy, waxy balm that sticks to your lips and lasts through a whole night of sleep - even if you are a mouth breather. Although it doesn't feel lubricating - in fact you don't want to rub or smack your lips together with this on - In the morning, my lips are soft and plump. I don't know if it adds moisture or just keeps it from evaporating, but it works. Although I am not particularly fond of the plastick-y/rubbery feeling of it on my lips - and it seems to have some particles or clumps in it, too - I can't deny that it gets the job done. The scent is sweet/citrus rather than the honey one would expect and I have not noticed a taste. As others have noted, this is matte, like a Chapstick, not glossy at all It comes in a heavy glass pot and costs too much but it works better than anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lip balm, it smells very nice and stays on the lips for a very long time, hours for sure if you dont eat much... It is hydrating and prevents the lips from being dry.
Not sure if I like the matte effect it makes on the lips - dont use a lipstick usually so I dont mind a bit of shine... It feels a tiny bit sticky maybe as well.
But overall a very good product, a lot of product in the jar, it is going to last me for ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sleaf

Love! I use this at night by tapping and then smoothing it onto my lips because it is so thick. It smells lovely and really is still there in the morning and my lips feel soft and moisturized. It's not a daytime lipbalm for me (that's usually Jouer) unless my lips are badly chapped and I need a heavyweight. Note that it's much cheaper in Europe so stock up if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by maiimae

This lip balm really works, I've tried soo many over the years since highschool, I thought Lucas Paw Paw ointment was great but this is even better. I hope this will always work on my lips because I fear it'll get use to the product and won't be as effective.

I experience really cracked lips on the corners of my mouth a lot but since using this, it hasn't ever felt irritated and I don't need to put a lot on either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by yeen21

I've been using any kinds of lip balm but it doesn't work on my lips. But still i tried many balm and looking for a good one for my lips.. and boooom here it is this product works on my lips..I don't care if it is sticky on my lips as long as it works and my problem is solve.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for this lip balm for months, it was always sold out. All the great reviews made me want it even more and I never had a mat lip balm so I felt like I just needed it :).
But I'm sad to say it doesn't work out at all for me.
First of all what I like about it:
I love the smell of it it's like lemon meringue pie, just so yum and the glas jar it comes in makes it look so luxurious you just want to use it.
What I don't like:
it's very think so you automaticly get a lot on your fingers, maybe more than needed. So I have to really rub it well onto my lips.
My lips feel somewhat sticky and I don't feel a lipstick on top would work well for me as it would become a slick mess.
The worst part of it for me is, it makes my lips flake. After using it I get those loos skins and my lips are worse off than before.
I'm very dissapointed as I was really expecting a great HG product but it's a big fail. My rosebud salve is much better and at a cheaper price.