Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 12/28/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

In love with this right now! It's the middle of winter and every lip balm seems to contain peppermint oil/menthol/menthyl, which I'm allergic to, or a mixture of other drying ingredients. I've always been wary about putting pure Vaseline on my lips on a regular basis and wanted to use something more natural and nourishing.

The scent is wonderful - it smells just like a Terry's chocolate orange! It has an unusually matte texture for a lip balm - it doesn't feel slippery or overly waxy at all. I apply a small amount morning and evening and my lips are in wonderful condition - I never have to use anything else.

My only dislike is the packaging: a heavy glass jar. I hate the germ factor of repeatedly dipping my fingers in a product and then smothering it on my lips. The jar isn't practical for travelling, especially if you have to be conscious of unnecessary weight. A plastic pot or some kind of stick or tube applicator would have been easier.

It is a little pricey compared to the lip balms you could pick up in a chemist for 99p, but absolutely worth it. This little pot seems to last forever and I'm glad I've found it to get me through the brutal winter weather!

on 12/7/2013 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really good lip balm for when you want something to wear underneath lipstick - it creates a really smooth layer and instantly improves the texture of whatever you're putting over it. It's not hydrating enough if you're seriously hurtin', but really nice to relieve the flakies. I love that it's matte for those no-lipstick looks and for layering; this one is really only a standout because of its superb texture.

The smell is the one weird thing about it. It's honey colored, it says "honey" on the pot, and it inexplicably smells like citrus. I'm not a huge fan of citrus fragrance or citrus oils themselves (on skin, at least), so it's a little disappointing. But hey, good balm.

on 12/1/2013 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the "ugly duckling" of the lip balm world. Drab, ugly taffy-coloured product in such unglamorous, plain packaging. But when you put this stuff on, you will be won over. A very hydrating product that really improves the condition of chapped, peeling lips. After using this for 24 hours, I didn't even need to use a sugar scrub to get the dried skin off my lips. This has a slightly citrus smell (which I like) when you apply it but there is no taste or residual smell when it's applied (I'm surprised by an earlier reviewer referring to an unbearable odor - I wonder if she got one that was spoiled because mine has no unpleasant smell at all). While I wouldn't wear this under lipstick (I haven't tried but I think it would cause a lipstick to slip right off), I put this on at bed-time and if I'm going to be home for the day, and not wearing makeup. It really does wonders for my lips.

While I'm not crazy about the packaging - a little round pot - I'm prepared to put up with it because this lip balm is so effective.

on 11/23/2013 5:30:00 AM

Excellent! Love at first try at the pharmacist. I often have cold sores on my lips, it has helped me to prevent them and when they come out I noticed inflammation and the breakouts diminished.

on 11/22/2013 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG. HG. This has completely healed my dry chapped lips. Another 'why did I wait so long to try?!?' product.

It's more like a thick heavy protectant, but not uncomfortable. I pat on a thick layer at night after exfoliating if needed and there is still a bit in the morning.

During the day I use the Nivea Raspberry Rose Kiss Butter (big pot, just dip your lip in- no fingers needed). My dry bleeding lips are now very, very happy. Probably picking some up for family members this holiday!

on 11/6/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My absolute all time favourite lip balm. The consistency is rather grainy though the moment the product applies to the lips, it melts and feels lovely on. The lip balm is matte after applied which I love because it looks nice under a matte lipstick. I only ever have to use it in the mornings and evenings because it leaves my lips moisturised for so long. After purchasing this last year, I;ve yet to use any other lip balm.

on 11/3/2013 4:29:00 PM

I do like this lipbalm for the daytime actually as it had a sort of matt finish so works brilliantly underneath lipsticks! At night i like to use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream which is more of a glossy balm. I can feel now though as it's gettingcolder this lipbalm is going to get used a lot more, especially if i get cracked lips which sometimes happens at -14deg! =) I would buy it again as i think it is worth the full price. Looks like it's going to last atleast 12 months. I do regret not buying a few of these when they were on sale! The scent is not my favorite as I find it to be a a little citrus.. i'm not a huge fan of those citrus but the honey cancels it out so it's fine! =)

on 10/11/2013 11:55:00 PM

I have never written a review when it comes to skincare and the like- or anything for that matter. However, I have deemed this lip balm more than worthy enough to merit my going through the process of creating this account just to relay to you guys how AMAZING this product is. Having been a lip balm connoisseur my whole life, I've traversed high and low for THE holy grail lip balm- purchasing perhaps over a hundred (I'm not hyperbolizing) lip moisturizers, balms, sticks, etc., with prices ranging from $1 to $140. In my opinion, this is the best. For only 20 bucks, it's a steal- considering that it achieves results that truly surpass what la mer ($50), sisley ($70& $140) and Rodin ($50) lip products of this nature has to offer.
It's pleasant smelling, matte, not viscous, yet still maintains a rich and luxurious texture. To add to that, your lips will imbibe this stuff with haste. Simply speaking, it's like crack for your lips.
The first time I tried this was after an 18 hr flight to London, sans lip balm. I was hungover and dehydrated upon boarding and my lips were cracked and peeling and all that bad stuff.. Needless to say, the flight exacerbated my unfortunate lip plight and thankfully, I crossed paths with this wonderful product. One application of this completely revived my lips- I was so amazed. The cracks were gone and my lips were literally perfect- no lines, evenly toned, hydrated and soft.
Everybody who owns a pair of lips should purchase this.

on 10/10/2013 8:32:00 PM

ahh this lipbalm is the bomb! first of all it smells amazing, like a sweet lemonpie and most importanly it makes my lips so soft. I personally love that is so thick, so you dont have to reaply 100 times in a day, plus you used less product and this is not exactly the cheapest lipbalm. I have tried so many lipbalms and this is honestly the best one out there!

on 9/5/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have a TON of lip balms all over the house and I really do like a variety of them. But this one will be the one I will always repurchase. This is like a lip treatment for me. Not one of those throw in your purse and slather on randomly (which you could still do) but a nightstand kind of lip balm. I've had mine for almost a year and only half way through it. The consistency is very thick but if you warm the product up and work into your lips it doesn't feel suffocating. Yes, it has little grains of something in there but they dissolve. It's also a matte balm which is a rare find and I love it all the more for that.

Popular Lip Treatments