December 19, 2014 | 1440 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ana1761

This is my HG lip treatment. I knew I loved it, but never knew how much until I tried something else (decleor) (i'm a product junky) and my lips went all dry and cracked. Use this overnight and problem solved. Soothed and healed sunburned lips in no time.
I use it every night and my lips are soft and perfectly moisturized all next day. I love the thick texture for overnight use- not thin, glossy, waxy, sticky, drying-after-10-minutes etc as so many others are. It goes on in a moisturizing coat over my lips and stays put, doing its thing. I think this would be a great product for guys, too. Nice neutral smell, not overpowering.
Also use this on occasion when my eyes need a super moisturizer. I had to do a course of medicine that made my skin really sensitive- esp. my eyes. They went all red, extremely dry, flakey. Just nasty. So, after trying boat-loads of targeted eye treatments, I decided to use this. Just as awesome for eyes! Only thing that helped.
I've never used a lip balm as perfect as this, and I've tried heaps- pretty much everything Sephora, department stores sell- nothing as good as this.
Good value, too- one jar lasted me almost a year!
If you're looking for an intense, thick, lip moisturizing treatment then this is for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard great things about this balm and was attracted by the luxe-but-natural (ish) reputation of NUXE's products. Having now received it in the mail, I'm not crazy about dimethicone as a listed ingredient, though in fairness there really are a lot of natural ingredients as well. Essentially this is nicely scented, honey-infused shea butter with a few of the usual chemicals thrown in for good measure.

All that aside, the consistency is pleasantly thick but not waxy and provides a consistent moisturising effect throughout the day. I also think this would be a good lipstick base. Upon application I feel a very slight tingling, an effect that goes away quickly and hopefully does not signal some kind of sensitivity to the product (will update if this occurs as I know many others out there are fragrance sensitive as well).

The jar looks very elegant, but it is excessively heavy glass for such a small product. I don't really need more things weighing down my bag unnecessarily.

UPDATE July 26th 2013: Unfortunately, I am experiencing sensitivity to this product. It irritates and dries out the skin around my mouth to the point that it flakes off terribly, and it also seems to leave the skin on my mouth slightly irritated. I would advise those with sensitive skin to steer well clear of this one--expensive mistake.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

I love this product however I prefer using it at night time before I go to bed so that my lips aren't dry and chapped in the morning. I also carry it around with me by transferring it into a little Bobbi Brown 3ml plastic jar. However during daytime I don't use it alone I use it as the base and then use Elizabeth Arden 8hr Cream Lip Protectant Stick or another product. It lasts for ages well I've had mine for over 6months and there's still loads left. You don't need to use lots. As people have said you do need to gently work it into the lips. If you drink something straight away it does leave a sticky residue on the glass, bottle or can. So in summary I would recommend it as an overnight lip balm so that you wake up with soft moisturised lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is the only thing that can recover my chapped lips overnight even if they are in really bad condition. I rely on it if I intend to rock the lipstick next day. Just apply it before going to bed and wake up with perfectly smooth and plump lips. I can easily wear it during the day, it doesn't feel heavy on the lips and tastes delicious. Will repurchase when I run out. I used to like Decleor Hydra Floral lip mask, but this one is much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pleasant smelling, pleasant consistency- thick, forms protective layer on lips.
Doesn't dry lips, but won't do much if my lips are very dry and chapped.
Works on semi dry days.
Jar is well made and will be used for shea butter afterwards, but I dislike having to use my fingers for applying when outside my home.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by inbetweendays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe me when I say I did not want to fall for a $19 lip balm. I was intrigued by the claims that it would actually heal chapped lips instead of coating them. I was skeptical but I am a believer, now. This little pot of wonder is worth the hype and cost. Subtle fragrance, ever-so-slightly gritty, and soft texture which really sinks into your lips. I usually favor aquaphor or vaseline at night but always wake up with parched lips. This balm actually feels as though it is healing my lips and they are in better condition after use. Yes, I hate the container but what can you do? The stick gets bad reviews and I bet the texture has to be sacrificed to put it into a stick so I'll just apply with clean fingers. Would definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To me this balm is the best ever. I have tried several products for my super dry lips and nothing comes even close to this.
Things I love:
Smell - honey/lemon, not too aggressive.
Very smooth texture, leaves lips soft without making them glossy, which means I can apply any lipstick without smearing.
Lipstick does not dry out my lips and now my lips look really good (I had flaky lips before).
Things I do not like too much:
I wish it would come in other form. The glass container seems luxury but not very sanitary. At least I do not have to reapply during the day.
Overall, this product is A-m-a-z-I-n-g! Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ltsAlwaysSunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products, that's really hyped up, but is totally worth it. It's a thick balm, with a lemony kind of scent, nothing too overpowering. It applies pretty smoothly, considering it's a balm. When applied, it doesn't feel sticky or tacky, and it's not shiny or glossy.. you can't really tell you're wearing anything.

It totally beats the 8 hour cream imo; it's more moisturizing, smells better and it's cheaper. Normally, when i wake up in the middle of the night, my lips would feel dry. But with this, that's not a problem any more; my lips stay moisturized till the next morning. By the way, i only use this at night, because it doesn't contain any spf (i use the Everon lip balm by Weleda for that).

My only complaint would be that it's kind of pricey for what it is. And it's not the most convenient packaging (glass). But still, i would rebuy this and would recommend it to people who are looking for a super moisturizing lip balm, and for whom normal lip balms just don't quite cut it. And it doesn't contain any petrolatum/mineral oil, yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by jannemarissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST lip balm I've used bar none. My usual balms are greasy, so they make my lips slick. They ease the feeling of chapping for a while, but when they wear off, my lips are still dry underneath. On the other hand, when I work just a touch of this balm well into my lips, my lips feel soft and conditioned even when it wears off, which is unheard of for me in the winter. Best of all, it is matte, so it causes no slippage and sheering of lipsticks, which is great! I will definitely buy this again, and will look out for the stick version which would be easier to carry around.
Thanks Nuxe!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Brandjunkie

After reading the positive reviews on this, I was actively on the lookout for it while traveling in Europe last year. I'm so happy I found it at the airport on the return flight home because this has become my HG lip balm! Another reviewer hit it on the mark with her review that it initially feels gritty but as I work in into my lips, it warms up and sinks in. I tend to have dry peeling lips, especially during the winter months, but this gem has completely eliminated the problem. I use it every night and I love that it's not greasy so it doesn't end up on my pillow like so many other lip products I've tried. I'd use it during the day, but it doesn't have SPF in it so I'll continue to use my Bobbi Brown SPF15 Lip Balm which is great under my lipsticks. Truly a must-have for me.