July 26, 2014 | 972 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Litchelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adoreeee Nuxe! It does go on thick and slightly waxy but I quite enjoy the texture as a protectant. The ingredients and smell are lovely (pretty good for you stuff, I think? please correct me if I am wrong).

if its packaging weren't so cumbersome I would use it all day, although this is not to say that the packaging is bad! It adds to that luxurious effect with a pretty frosted glass tub. I put this on before bed and it stays put well into the next morning until breakfast.

Update: I now own 3 tubs of this. One is by my bed, one in my purse and one at my office desk - I am completely addicted and in love after months of having this. I live in a cold climate which makes my lips chap and peel easily, but wearing this every night before bed really helped the issue. I wake up with soft, healthy lips every day (just remember to exfoliate every once in a while!).

The first tub I purchased that I had lost then found, experienced that grittiness you read about in reviews can be rubbed in and melt away. The tub I carry in my purse and use more regularly is consistently soft, smooth and easily wearable.

ANOTHER Update: Look up Nova Scotia Fisherman Xtreme Lip Care. Not as pleasant/pretty as Nuxe but boy does it work for a fraction of the cost!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This is my favourite lip balm ever.

PRO:
- LOVE the scent so much.
- It's matte, which makes this an excellent lipstick base.
- This is the most nourishing lip balm I have found so far.
- A little goes a long way.
- The texture is very smooth and feels very comfortable on the lips.

CON:
- The little pot is made of glass and feels luxurious. It is not very user-friendly or sanitary. I just make sure I use clean fingers.
- The price is quite high (about 13), but you get a massive amount (15g) which is much better value for money when compared to the stick version (7 for a mere 4g).

VERDICT:
I used to use the Nivea Honey and Milk lip balm, but this is way more nourishing and the smell is even more like real honey. I'll definitely repurchase, and maybe I'll get the stick version to carry in my purse.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nuxe reve de miel lip balm,contains:honey,plant oils,shea butter,grapefruit essence! It really gives back the hydratation to the lips! It applies verry well,it last fairly long! the smell is amazing:honey! Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I finally picked one up to see what the hype is all about.
Nah !!! There are lots of lip products that perform equally well. Like all lip products, they are mainly oil & wax concoctions, they all moisturize (unless for allergic reactions).
What I don't like about this is:
1. the price, I believed it is about $14.
2. the jar, I can just just press it on my lips for application but as the product gets half empty, I have to use my finger, and ended up wiping off the greasy fingertips after application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not have excessively chapped lips, however, my lips do get dry during the winter and after wearing long-lasting or matte lipsticks.
I have been using this lipbalm for over two weeks, once in the morning and a thicker layer at bedtime. My lips are more chapped than they have ever been. At first I assumed that it was the winter weather, but I realized that this lip balm is to blame (the extreme chapping subsided almost immediately after I stopped using this product). At their worst when using this product, my lips were chapped to the point that they would crack and bleed. This did not "help" my lips in any way and did nothing but make them worse.
This balm never really "sinks in" and just sits on top of my lips in a waxy layer. I am not fond of the scent (it does not smell like honey, it has a chemical citrus scent). The only redeeming quality of this balm is that it is matte and is not greasy. Also, some balms cause me to break out in small blemishes on my lip line, and this balm did not cause this. I do not mind the jar packaging for a lip treatment balm (I don't like pots for lipgloss, but I do not mind them for treatment balms as I only apply with clean fingers in AM and at bedtime.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry lips that flake very easily. If I don't have some kind of product on them at all times, they feel very uncomfortable. No product ever fixes the problem, but does work as a band-aid approach, and this is one of the best I've tried. I apply it at night since the texture is too gritty to use during the day (plus the glass pot is heavy and I don't want to carry it around). In the morning, my lips are softer and the dry skin is much easier to exfoliate off. In other words, instead of forming a barrier on my lips like most other lip balms, this works to soften the lips and thus get rid of dry skin. I won't say that it's some kind of miracle since my lips are still dry and this doesn't 'cure' that, but its a handy product to have in my struggle against annoyingly dry lips. For reference, other helpful lip balms I've tried are weleda's Everon, Aquaphor, and Lansinoh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can certainly appreciate some of the less than positive reviews of this product; quite frankly, it took me a bit of trial and error to get it working for me. I did not care for the product at first, but it has become a winter staple. It is a really thick and gritty formula, and can feel quite unpleasant on the lips initially. However, I have found that if you spend a some time working it into your lips, as the product warms, it spreads and sinks in much easier, and the grit dissipates. I usually spend 30 seconds or so working it into my lips, and the results are then worth all the fuss. I only use this at night, usually during the colder months when my lips are dry, and by morning, everything is smooth, supple and plumped. I've had my tub for awhile, so I figure the cost is justified by how long the product lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this lip balm on my Paris trip for 7! Sadly I live in the US & it retails at $19 here, it became my favorite lip balm. I've tried many classic favorites like: Kielh's #1 (too shiny), Fresh sugar lip treatment, Philosophy Hope in a Stick & Burt's Bees(too waxy), Maybelline babylips & EOS balms(not moisturizing at all), Ettusais lip essence (good but expensive & hard-to-find), I finally settled with the good old Carmex (a bit slippery) & Elizabeth Arden 8 Hr Cream (amazing but smells weird), these 2 works wonder if worn by itself, but they are not ideal under lipstick, because they both make my lips slightly too glossy/ slippery for lipstick application; Nuxe moisturizes by penetrating in, but without the scent & glossiness (male friendly), which makes my lipstick stay much longer & more vibrant with less product. Only issue is: If you store it in cold temperature it gets harden, and therefore difficult to scoop up the product & apply on lips. I love this lip balm & wish I've stocked up more from the French pharmacies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by alleycats3003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff! A friend got this and the tube version from Paris and I prefer the jar because it's multi-purpose. This stuff makes my lips so incredibly soft. I just pat on a little bit onto my lips in the morning and before bed and my lips stay soft all day. I also use a small amount of this on stubbornly dry patches on my body before bed like around my fingertips. It is a little bit sticky on the skin, which is why I use it only at night. But when I wake up in the morning, the dry patches are no longer dry. A little bit really goes a long way so I probably won't have to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hi everybody - My name is Sanja and i am a lip balm addict! I have purchased almost anything that has balm in the name and if its French and its got "baume"...then its going in the cart regadless of anything....Yes i have a serious problem BUT products such as Nuxe Reve de Miel are plain enablers since this purchase has proven to be nothing but a positive influence in my beauty routine :)
I love this balm because its different than anything else i have. Its a balm and its moisturizing but its also dry and matte; all at the same time...I know - its a contradiction! Reve de Miel is absorbed into the lip and creates a dryish matte finish but your lips still feel nourished and protected. Girls who hate the gloss finish and the sticky aftermath WILL LOVE THIS! The initial grittiness will also helps exfoliate the lip surface as an added little bonus.
The texture is a little off putting at first but once you are used to it this will be a necessity. The scent is mild to me and comforting to say the least - nothing too sweet or heady like some other honey-scented products.
This is becoming a pattern for me - yet another product that is HTF but definitively worth the hunt :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No