August 29, 2014 | 1860 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's pricey but it's a good complement to my Double wear foundation. When I have blemishes or acne it covers them well and has a nice quite thick texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stays in place but makes covered area look like dry patches. Would work blended and brushed and tweaked with moisturizer, but too much work.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by tmomo

After trying almost every concealer at MAC and Sephora, I may have found my HG! Primarily, I use concealer to cover my dark, dark undereye circles. In my opinion, one layer of this concealer offers solid medium to full coverage and hides my dark circles better than any other concealer that I have tried. I love this concealer because it stays in place all day. It never creases and is one of the only concealers that I've found that doesn't need to be set with powder! It sits beautifully on the skin, looks very natural (i.e., I can wear this under the eyes without foundation on the rest of my face). The color range is excellent and offers both pink-based and yellow-based shades for a range of skin tones. I am an NC25-30 and use this product in 'Warm Light-Medium" and it's a perfect match.

At the suggestion of make up artists I had been trying to cover my circles with heavier full coverage concealers (e.g., MUFE full cover, MAC studio finish, MAC pro longwear, Cover fx cream concealer, etc). These product looked too heavy and dry.... like I obviously had on makeup. I hesitated to try the Double Wear Stay-in-Place concealer because of reviews that said it was drying or cakey. I apply moisturizer under my eye and then apply three or four dots of this product. I blend by patting with my finger and then let it dry. That's it! At first I tried to layer this over my foundation and I did find that it caked a bit and was hard to blend. Applying it without foundation covers well and looks so natural. For more coverage, you can add a few more dots and blend.

This product really is everything that I was looking for in a concealer and I just wish I had tried it sooner! Although, after trying so many other products, I truly understand what a gem this one is!

***EDIT*** My previous review was glowing, but after using this product for over a month, I have come to see its shortcomings. I saw photographs of myself and realized that the coverage was not as good as I previously thought. It was definitely not covering the purple tone of my dark circles. When I tried to layer more concealer to increase the coverage I came to understand the caking and heaviness described in other reviews. My concealer search continues.....

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

My fail-safe base products are Double Wear foundation, Ben Nye Neutral Set Powder and thanks to a recent impulse purchase, this amazing concealer! Prior to buying this I was using the Maximum Coverage foundation on my dark circles and other areas. However, whilst it does do a great job of covering up everything, it settles into fine lines like nothing else, so I decided to give the Double Wear foundation a try as I utterly adore most of the Double Wear line of products - I find them to be reliable and long-wearing.

I'm NC25 in MAC and the shade #2 'Light Medium' is such a good match for me. The formula is surprisingly light and spreadable, not thick or heavy-duty which is a welcome change! The doe-foot applicator allows me to spread it under my eyes and other places without the need of a brush. Now, coverage wise, I'd say it's high-medium to full coverage, layering it won't make it cakey but one layer is fine for me. After applying it, I take my BeautyBlender to blend it into my skin, and I'm so pleased it doesn't settle into my fine lines. It has a semi-matte finish and once applied and blended in, it's not going anywhere. This stuff is seriously budge and transfer resistant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by PolskaBlondynka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave in to buying this concealer because of the great reviews I've read. This concealer feels very light on skin. Like you're not wearing any makeup. It doesn't dry out and leave cracks on the skin and it doesn't accentuate fine lines. I would recommend using moisturizer under it though. Does it cover dark circles? Yes, absolutely (I have very dark circles) I love it for how it feels on my skin. Once you apply it, you have to quickly spread it around because once it sets in, it's VERY matte. If extra coverage is needed, simply apply more. This is my favourite concealer EVER. I am glad I purchased. It is a bit on the expensive side but it is definitely worth your money, trust me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by markychv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer !!! Has just the right amount of yellow to conceal dark circles and blemishes and stays put all day long even through heat and humidity! Of all the concealers i have tried in the past this one is by far my favorite! Plus it doesn't make my sensitive oily skin break out which is GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by EWest

Great concealer! I use this under my eyes and on blemishes and it works great! Doesn't show up and goes on smooth. It can wear off slowly throughout the day but my skin is oily so any makeup will do that. I use this with a dash of powder of top and have perfect skin all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't usually put concealer under my eyes because they tend to crease and cake up and make me look like I have more lines than I do. I've used Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat under the eyes, which just highlights but doesn't conceal, and Exuviance Color Blend is pretty good, but hard to find the right shade.

While trying on Yves St. Laurent's foundaion at Sephora, the rep put this Estee Lauder concealer under my eyes, on top of the foundation. The light shade was the perfect color, and I was really surprised that it didn't cake up on me, so I bought it.

I apply a small amount with a brush, and I do not put powder over it. I only put it under the eye and the inside corner -- not where the crows feet are. Unlike some other reviewers, I don't find this a very good concealer for other things on my face. Maybe it's too light in color to cover darker marks.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by noutaka

It flakes immediately after I put it on, emphasizes the slightest wrinkle, very disappointing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by BritJoi

This concealer is absolutely perfect! I use it only for under my eye in a shade lighter than my skin tone and it is perfect for that highlighted "Kim K" LOOK that everyone has been trying to achieve lately. It gives great coverage without looking over-done. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!