November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this after using a sample and receiving comments on how good my skin looked. I was only wearing this as a concealer with no foundation and it had stayed on from seven am till 6pm with no touch-ups. It is excellent at covering marks on the skin and gives lasting coverage. I like the wand applicator and the packaging is fine, not fussy and not messy. This is a great product for covering redness and it does not give a mask like appearance, skin still feels like it can breathe. No break outs, can use in place of foundation as easy to stroke across cheeks/chin/nose and blend with fingers or brush, excellent coverage and longevity. Have used touché éclat, max factor pan stick, benefit camouflage, number seven and this is the best. Pricey but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tila21

I love this concealer.i use it whenever I get a pimple or anything thing I want to hide on my face.And it works.The best part is you don't have to use a lot.just a tiny amount is enough.i use mine mostly everyday and last me for more than 7 months.ofcourse if you are using it for dark circles or lots of pimples and acne it might not last that long.But still worth every penny.next time im gonna buy my stock.because in some places I've checked they always seem to run out of stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by ctregower

This is my favourite concealer ever. A little product goes a long way, and this concealer lasts for a long time. My previous tube lasted over 2 years with daily use! It has quite a thick texture and covers extremely well. It is very durable. The only drawback for me is that if the area I am concealing is dry, it can sometimes make it look worse as it kind of sticks to the skin. However, if you have normal/combination skin like I do it's not really an issue. Awesome concealer - definitely an enduring member of my make up bag.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted so badly to love this, but alas the lightest shade is actually (and surprisingly) too light for my NC15 skin. The smell is kind of funny, and it's quite thick but goes on sort of thin. It does not have good lasting power and I find it broke me out in the areas I used it, and my skin isn't even that bad! I really want to like Estee Lauder but I've just had no luck with their products so far. I still use my Mac Studio Fix concealer in NC15 even though I don't like how dry that product is, but it has the best coverage and colour match so far, though I am still looking for something better!!

I will periodically try to use this, just to use it up, but I am disappointed with this product and will not buy it again. The Bourgeois Healthy Mix concealer in shade 51 is supposed to be better than this EL product...Let's see if that's true, it's a drug store brand and I am not one to choose drug store products over high end products!!

UPDATE MONTHS LATER: This formula manages to break out my skin so badly wherever it touches...I've never had this happen before. I have stopped using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to switch from the Lancme Maquicomplete Concealer that I have been using. I had issues with the product drying out and also the shade I was using didn't seem to be covering my dark circles well enough.

I checked out Estee Lauder's Double Wear Concealer last summer, but the SA's at the store didn't really seem to know the colors or what would work for me. This time I went to Nordstrom, but reviewed the colors online again. I was pretty sure that it would be either Light or Warm Light for my NW20/25 skin. I knew that Light/Medium would be too dark. I didn't wear any concealer, just eye cream and tried the two colors under each eye. The Light shade is a neutral with just a hint of yellow, but the Warm Light is more yellow based. They both looked good on my skin, but after discussing it with the counter manager I decided to go with the Light shade.

What I really like about this product is how easily the wand comes out of the tube with enough product after just one time. With the Lancme Maquicomplet Concealer I had to wiggle the wand and try a few times to reapply to get enough product. I think the design of the Estee Lauder Double Wear is much more user friendly. I use the wand to apply the color and then use my Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer to blend. I get a perfectly seamless, smooth look and this product does a great job of covering up the purply reddish discoloration and puffiness as well as dark circles. This shade is a great match for my skin and the staying power is excellent. I don't have to worry about reapplying.

I use less product because the wand is so efficient and provides just the right amount. I have been kind of going back and forth with a few concealers recently, but for now this is the one I will be using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I bought this concealer as a companion to my foundation (Double Wear Light) because I have some nasty breakouts, scarring and general ugliness of the skin that needs tamed! I figured I would go for the lighter foundation + concealing route versus a heavier foundation.

Concealer isn't a 'fun' buy for me (unlike lipstick!)- I just want it to do the job and do it well. This product delivers for me- I have it in shade Light (and I use DWL in Intensity 1.0- they are a good match for each other). I apply by taking a little off the wand and dabbing in and blending until seamless (I only use this concealer for covering spots/scars *not for under eye circles) I find this concealer behaves similarly to the foundation- it looks a bit funny until it has dried and set but once it has, it's great. A little goes a long way and I have a hard time envisaging using the entire tube before it would need replaced.

One of the big reasons that influenced my decision to buy the DW concealer was how impressed I was with the lasting power of the foundation. Again, this product fulfils its' promise. It lasts and doesn't slide off or cake or turn orange on me. Which is all I want. Coverage is good, it is pigmented without being silly so. I am really happy with it and would definitely recommend it- especially if you are already using Double Wear Light foundation but need a little more directed coverage.

Reference: For concealing spots and scars I have used (and don't feel happy with-
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (slides away after four hours). Vichy Dermablend Foundation (too orange, cakey + drying)
Vichy Dermablend Stick in Porcelain (too pale, cakey and + drying).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Picked this up at Sephora in the hopes that it would be my ultimate concealer. Due to a combination of lack of sleep and really fair skintone, my dark circles show through like nothing else and finding a concealer that A) is light enough B) is pigmented enough and C) stays in place and doesn't crease has been all but impossible. I tested this out on my hand and the back of my wrist in the store and the lightest shade seemed to work well, yet when I got home and tried it underneath my eyes, it proved to be too dark. The coverage was good, but the darkness of it made me look tired anyway, which totally defeats the purpose of an undereye concealer. As for the wear, it does stay in place pretty well although on the few times I used it, I set it with a translucent powder over top. If you're going to layer it, I highly suggest letting the first layer dry completely before popping another one on, otherwise you'll end up taking the first layer off. For the price, I don't know if it's worth it, though. In my opinion the drugstore has much better concealers to offer than this one. Overall, it's decent, but certainly not something that would be on the first of my list of recommendations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow that's all I have to say about this truly amazing concealer it's really top class and worth every penny its expensive at $27 but this will easily last a long time so its worth it considering the amount you get previous to this I was using lancome teint miracle concealer although a great color match and overall decent concealer was beginning to realize it sadly wasint providing enough coverage the purpley black hues were still creeping through I found out the hard way when I didint sleep so well it was so bad I had to cancel a date with my boyfriend all because of my stupid racoon eyes nothing absolutely nothing was helping:(alas until this came into my life people with severe dark circles need to rush out and get this!!! the result is fabulous in our country though the lightest shade is light I'm nc15 in mac. I'm fairly pale so this did run a tad dark on me but I use this first and then my lancome teint miracle concealer and the result is amazing it looks very natural and not obvious which is a major plus finnaly found my HG concealer:)( UPDATE) Despite my previous glowing review I have come to the conclusion that is not working for me:( I have chronically hereditary dark circles and although the coverage is somewhat good I find out its still not covering my bluish purple dark circles completely also 01 light is not a good enough match for me as I'm extremely pale and when this sets it morphes into a slight orange color also I find it drying and settles into fine lines oh well my hg concealer search continues I guess....

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's pricey but it's a good complement to my Double wear foundation. When I have blemishes or acne it covers them well and has a nice quite thick texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stays in place but makes covered area look like dry patches. Would work blended and brushed and tweaked with moisturizer, but too much work.