July 26, 2014 | 1790 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finally learned to live with the fact that if I wear foundation or Tinted Moisturizer, no matter what, my face will get oily. And since my MAC blot powder wasnt quite cutting it, I had to invest in something better. So, I purchased this, and I must say, I'm impressed. I wanted to get shade 14, but Sephora was out, so I got this in 16, which turned out to be perfect for my NC25/30 skin. This drastically cuts down on shine, and even when I get a little oil breakthrough, I just look dewy as opposed to greasy. I don't like to apply this immediately after putting on my foundation, because my skin is always dry and matte once I put on my foundation, and this would probably make it look even drier. Instead, I wait a few minutes before putting this on, and I like to buff it on with my sephora bronzer brush. Although I will still probably use my MAC blot powder for quick touchups in the ladies room, this does an excellent job at getting rid of any surface oil, while looking natural. It's finely milled and not cakey at all, and I think it's nicely priced at $24 dollars. Yes, I would repurchase again, I wish I had found this sooner, it keeps my face looking fresh all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:50:00 AM More reviews by clpersonal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is HG! The best loose powder for oily, combination skin. I'm using no. 12, great for PPP/LLL skin. The color is almost translucent and definitely not chalky if you are using the right color. I've tried many loose powders and none of them control oil as well as this. Usually my T-zone will be shiny in 3hours, and whole face oily after 5hours. But with this HG powder, my nose is just a little shiny after 5hours and the rest of my face is still matte! Now after 9hours my face is still matte, except my nose. I'm so AMAZED! No powder has controlle oil this well before. The main ingredient is talc, silica and silk powder. And the powder is very finely milled too. I think it might be the silica that is controlling the oil really well. I live in a very hot and humid country, and this is just the best LP ever! At S$59 for 28g tub, it about the same price as most department store brands.
I will update again to see if it breaks me out.
Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Serica powder (silk), propylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, dehydroacetic acid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i like this alot. my face didn't get nearly as shiny as it normally does during the course of the day. i notice the package is small and only about half full, but it will probably last me a while. it's a little pricey but a good buy. *edit* hg powder for me. this really helps me stay matte for hours. best i've used thus far, will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

although i selected yes for "would you buy this product again" i do not plan on repurchasing. i really like this powder. it does provide a beautiful, uniform, matte finish and 12 is a great color match for me.

HOWEVER, it honestly is no better than the translucent new york color loose powder that i was using prior to this. and that stuff is $3! while price is not really an issue for me if i love something, if i can get the exact same quality of product for twenty bucks less, im all over it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

somewhat expensive for loose powder, but I liked that it didnt contain bismuth which always makes me look so shiny. I love the containter, its nice and wide which makes it easy to use with a powder brush and not super tiny like some jars. I use shade #12 translucent. Probably would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by rachchen

I am Asian, NC20 SFF, C3 MAC F&B, NC25 in other MAC foundations. I wear #18 in this. It is yellow-toned, but too peachy and not enough olive. It's also too dark - I should know better than to buy a powder that matches my foundation. Getting powders a shade or 2 lighter work better due to oxidisation.

The powder comes in a large screw-top canister with sifter holes. Lasts ages. Very good for oily to super oily skin, and it always looks natural and not cakey. It's also very finely milled. I just wish that this powder (and the MUFE line in general) came in a wider variety of skintones. I find most, if not all their foundation and powder shades, to be too peachy or pink.

Prices are typical for MUFE - more expensive than MAC, closer to BB type prices.

If I ever get round to finishing this pot of powder, I'll repurchase, but I'll go with Translucent or something.

EDIT (24/7/09): Repurchased this in Sand #14. I was using the #18 all along, but apparently it's been discontinued. 18 was very yellow-toned, while 14 is slightly peachier. I love this so much more than T LeClerc Banane which I find is terrible at matte-ing and you have to use a lot on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

So far, so good! This has been the best powder for controlling oil and staying put for a long period of time. I usually stay in an office all day so i don't how well it holds outdoors. But yeah, I only blotted once and reapplied once around 2:30pm. So much better than M.A.C that dries out my skin and prescriptives did not match my skin, mary kay i had to constantly reapply and blot every hour! I just wish they had more tones for darker ppl, because this shade is a little dark but its the only one for black people. Oh well, ill still use it until they increase the color selection, that why i gave it 4 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Quinton17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works wonderfully for controlling oiliness. I use Bare Minerals foundation and always used the Mineral Veil, but I didn't feel like that was doing enough to control the shine. This leaves a nice matte finish without being too overdrying. The only negative is the packaging. Too much powder comes out and just sits on top, but I think this is a pretty universal problem with loose powders. I never even bothered with the puff that comes with it, instead I use the flawless face brush from Bare Minerals. I wish they made a little travel-sized version!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is AWESOME! It is finely milled, feels so nice going on, doesn't look pasty or chalky (and I'm using Translucent on my NC30 skin), and mattifies while managing also to give my skin a healthy look. I am also extremely grateful for the fact that it doesn't break me out! I have oily-combo reactive skin which is temperamental, so I have to scrutinize ingredients...but this is heaven!

I have noticed that this mattifies longer than Clinique. With Clinique, I am shiny after an hour, but with MUFE, I can go 3-4 hours before touching my pressed powder. That's pretty darned good for me...

I love this MUFE powder more than Clinique and Everyday Minerals and think it may be the most perfect loose powder ever...if this keeps going I'm going to have to stockpile it so I never run out...LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The only thing I don't love is the packaging...It gets sooo messy if I transport it. And forget about keeping the puff inside the container! It becomes a dusty mess if I do that, so I just keep it separate. But I do love the softness of the puff they include.

This is HG material for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When combined with Clinique's Pore Minimizing T Zone shine control primer and MUFE's Mat Velvet Foundation, this is the ONLY combination I've EVER used that has kept my super oily skin at bay for at least 5 hours. Truly matte powder. This is my 2nd favorite loose powder, only after the new MUFE HD Loose Powder, which is absolutely remarkable. It doesn't have the extreme mattifying quality as this, but will give you a very long lasting matte finish with an added benefit- a completely UNREAL soft focus finish. It's almost like a soft blur on your skin. It's incredible, and there is nothing else like it. But this product definitely does what it says. It will make you MATTE all day!

Love it!