April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - White Linen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I have been a user of White Linen for many, many years now. It is not a scent I wear everyday, I do change my perfume often, but I always have a bottle of White Linen laying around. I like the body lotion just as much as the perfume, and I have to say that it is one of the lines where the lotion smells identical to the perfume. (I don't know if it's just "me," but I have perfumes with matching scented lotions, and to me, the lotion usually smells more chemically than the perfume/EDT for some reason.)I used to wear White Linen to work everyday, and the girls used to tell me that they liked that I always smelled "fresh," as if I had just come out of the shower. They told me I had a clean, soapy, smell to me. Don't know if that was a compliment or not, but I took it as one. :o) I think this is an ideal daytime fragrance. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A classic, smells so good! I still love this stuff and remember sneaking in my moms room and taking it when I was a little girl! Wonderful smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Happytobe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love this but now it just smells rank and too 80's. Tried it again in a store a year or so ago for old times' sake and hubby turned up his nose at it. There's lady who wears it at work and I don't even like it on her. Just sick of it. There's far nicer perfumes available these days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Although I went through a bottle or two of this 30 odd years ago and loved it back then, I now have no strong feelings either way for White Linen. I seem to have turned from green, mossy fragrance to warmer and more sensual ones. I would certainly recommend giving this a test run next time you are by an EL counter, it is one of their standout scents. I was told this is Mrs. Bush's signature scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 9:28:00 AM More reviews by willemtje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had a bottle of this years ago. I bought it after I used a sample the summer before and then I totally loved it - I thought. I got the bottle unsniffed and used it and I noticed it was much sharper and stronger, different than I remembered it from a year earlier, but I could bear it. My collegues couldn't: one said (in front of other collegues) I smelled like old beer in a bar that's been spilled on the floor days ago. Gasp! In such moments, all I do is gasp for air, speechless... Anyway, White Linen was unwearable after that, but I did finish the whole bottle... meanwhile I checked the empty vials... they were White Linen Breeze, the lighter summery version!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I tried a minature before buying it. I wanted a nice clean scent, like a freshly showered smell that lasts. The minature probably was too small to really try out, but I bought a full sized one later coz it has a nice subtle clean scent.

I enjoyed the perfume for the first 2 months, nice warm clean scent. However as time went by, the scent was a bit too "sour", oldish and smelt very unfresh. I bought it from a popular departmental store, so I am not sure what happened. Do not like it now, it reminds me of a "yellow" artificial scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2006 1:07:00 AM More reviews by chantal9677

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This must be the perfume that I dislike the most of any scent I have ever smelled! It is sickeningly strong and chemical. I cannot find any attractive notes, and in fact got nauseous sitting next to a colleague in a meeting once who was wearig this. I wasn't the only one who got sick from being subjected to this scent in a closed room! In a word- Awful!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Libagrouchy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loving all things rose, I love White Linen. It's my fallback spring/summer fragrance. It has a powdery, grandma quality I find tender and comforting. In fact, I love the talc, it's a lovely thing to dust on before bed. Gentle and feminine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have worn White Linen (parfum) for several years now, usually at Thanksgiving. The last time I wore it was for my Dad's funeral. It was just perfect for that day in the foggy northwest to remember him. Now when I wear it, I remember him again, and that sentimental day of course. It's a scent for those who like nostalgic fragrances, starched tablecloths, and feminine touches, but you must love rose fragrances to love this. Some say it goes sour on them. For me this is all about perky green roses; a bit tart, but not sour, softend with iris and a dry woody base.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Serenawm

Smells chemically on my skin. Wouldn't buy it again...