Estee Lauder White Linen

3.4

on 12/22/2006 1:09:00 PM

I was temped to smell the product after seeing Paltrow advertising the scent so beautifully on TV - I was conned! When I heard the name of the perfume - it conjoured up the smell of freshly laundered washing and well...fresh air...I was much mistaken.

I received the perfume from an event at work after dropping hints and I really should have just tested it first...and such ashame because the bottle is really beautiful designed. But no this one is not for me...smells too strong, and doesn't even settle down at that and all the guys at work turned their noses up at it so that says it all really.

Everyone has different views and tastes but this is just mine on this perfume.

Good advertising campaign though!

on 11/25/2006 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can understand how other people might like this perfume, it is classic and sweet and certainly smells a lot better than a lot of things that are out there in the world, but I don't like it. It smells like a whole botanical garden, to me it smells all floral and nothing else. It's like I went into a flower garden and rubbed my wrists very hard against all the flowers. It's like the perfumes you smell on large sized elderly ladies with big hats overflowing with plastic flowers on top of them, it's the sort of perfume your grandma might wear, if your grandma is that kind of person. It also makes me nauseous after a while.

on 11/6/2006 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Not a big fan of White Linen. Received a mini bottle in a gift set of several mini fragrances and White Linen is my least favourite of the bunch. It's too strong and "old" for me.. doesn't smell appealing to me at all. Wouldn't recommend to anyone..

on 10/28/2006 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been a user of White Linen for many, many years now. It is not a scent I wear everyday, I do change my perfume often, but I always have a bottle of White Linen laying around. I like the body lotion just as much as the perfume, and I have to say that it is one of the lines where the lotion smells identical to the perfume. (I don't know if it's just "me," but I have perfumes with matching scented lotions, and to me, the lotion usually smells more chemically than the perfume/EDT for some reason.)I used to wear White Linen to work everyday, and the girls used to tell me that they liked that I always smelled "fresh," as if I had just come out of the shower. They told me I had a clean, soapy, smell to me. Don't know if that was a compliment or not, but I took it as one. :o) I think this is an ideal daytime fragrance. continued >>

on 10/16/2006 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A classic, smells so good! I still love this stuff and remember sneaking in my moms room and taking it when I was a little girl! Wonderful smell!

on 9/13/2006 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this but now it just smells rank and too 80's. Tried it again in a store a year or so ago for old times' sake and hubby turned up his nose at it. There's lady who wears it at work and I don't even like it on her. Just sick of it. There's far nicer perfumes available these days.

on 9/6/2006 2:23:00 PM

Although I went through a bottle or two of this 30 odd years ago and loved it back then, I now have no strong feelings either way for White Linen. I seem to have turned from green, mossy fragrance to warmer and more sensual ones. I would certainly recommend giving this a test run next time you are by an EL counter, it is one of their standout scents. I was told this is Mrs. Bush's signature scent.

on 4/21/2006 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a bottle of this years ago. I bought it after I used a sample the summer before and then I totally loved it - I thought. I got the bottle unsniffed and used it and I noticed it was much sharper and stronger, different than I remembered it from a year earlier, but I could bear it. My collegues couldn't: one said (in front of other collegues) I smelled like old beer in a bar that's been spilled on the floor days ago. Gasp! In such moments, all I do is gasp for air, speechless... Anyway, White Linen was unwearable after that, but I did finish the whole bottle... meanwhile I checked the empty vials... they were White Linen Breeze, the lighter summery version!

on 4/18/2006 11:56:00 AM

I tried a minature before buying it. I wanted a nice clean scent, like a freshly showered smell that lasts. The minature probably was too small to really try out, but I bought a full sized one later coz it has a nice subtle clean scent.

I enjoyed the perfume for the first 2 months, nice warm clean scent. However as time went by, the scent was a bit too "sour", oldish and smelt very unfresh. I bought it from a popular departmental store, so I am not sure what happened. Do not like it now, it reminds me of a "yellow" artificial scent.

on 4/8/2006 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This must be the perfume that I dislike the most of any scent I have ever smelled! It is sickeningly strong and chemical. I cannot find any attractive notes, and in fact got nauseous sitting next to a colleague in a meeting once who was wearig this. I wasn't the only one who got sick from being subjected to this scent in a closed room! In a word- Awful!

Popular Fragrances