Philosophy Falling in Love

3.8

on 4/9/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

omg love this one! every one of my guy friends loves this! but i wish it just lasted longer than a hour

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this scent but it disappers - just gone without a trace a few minutes after I spray it. Since the scent is so wonderful, I was pleased to find the perfume oil (more concentrated version) and especially pleased that that product lasts on my skin!

on 3/26/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this perfume. i really did fall in love with the scent. its a little sweet but it pays off in the end...

on 3/26/2009 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love the scent, but the fragrance oil does last longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only Philosophy scent I like-- all the Graces just smell to me like water mixed faintly with fabric softener-- but I really really like it! Of all my fragrances it's the one I've gotten most compliments on, probably because it's a very clean and relaxing scent that has a cute touch of blackberry. It's sweet but not sickly; there is a coolness and freshness about it, a slight patchouli- or soap-like note and a bit of soft musk. Philosophy calls it "sensual," but I would reserve that label for oriental or heady floral scents. This one is just clean, fresh, pretty, and very feminine with no sharp edges whatsoever. I think it'd make a great scent for a massage oil, very soothing and spa-like. It's hard to overdo this scent, and anyone of any age could enjoy it.

I took off one lippie because some of the FIL products are very light on scent, with low to zero longevity on the skin (the cologne spray, bar soap, and bath gel in particular).Waste of money. However, the eau de PARFUM (not cologne) is great, as are the body butter, fragrance oil, and body lotion (I like to mix the fragrance oil with the body lotion to make a 2-in-1 lotion/perfume product, as the fragrance oil is too greasy to use straight).

I loveeeeee this fragrance and now have it in every form that it comes in. I'm usually allergic to most fragrances and most cause severe migraines. Ironically, I first smelled this on an Emergency Room Nurse while being TREATED for a migraine and it smelled so very good. Usually while having a migraine, I can't even stomach smelling the few perfumes or scents that I DO like. On her, it smelled very soft and comforting. I asked her what it was and thus began my love affair with Falling in Love. So I would recommend it to even the most sensitive people. Also, I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear it, for instance, one day standing in line, someone said, "someone smells GOOD" and they kept following their nose to my wrist and said, "That's IT! That's that incredible scent!" Although the Philosophy body souffle has now been discontinued by Philosophy, I love FIL most in the body souffle, as the souffles are decadent and make you feel rich and just pure luxury!

on 2/24/2009 8:01:00 PM

The name is accurate because this is the perfume I accociate with my husband. I was wearing it during our courtship and though I wear it occasionally now (mostly because he likes it so much) it always brings back romantic and sexy memories.
I found that MEN really have a strong reaction to this fragrance. I rarely have people comment on what I am wearing but when I have worn this, even I have been surprised at the positive response. I never tell them what it is because I feel silly saying the name....thus it does keep it's mystery...
I find that as I have gotten older I do like more sophisticated scents (stella, Coco ect.) I don't necessarily need to smell like fruit or vanilla and alot of the fragrances I used to like are just too sweet for me now. This one is one of the few that remain. It's sweet in a shy way without being teen-like. It doesn't last long though and if I do wear it I take the bottle with me. For some reason the perfume oil doesn't last as long as the spray...wierd..neverthless I like it.

on 2/23/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the scent but I don't love it. It's a bit sickly sweet if you don't like overly fruity, sugar coated perfume. I with the staying power was longer too. It totally disappeared just an hour after I sprayed it on. I could barely smell anything afterwards. Total waste of money!

on 2/19/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the scent, but it does NOT last. Once I spray it on, I feel like it loses it's scent almost immediately. The price is too high for glorified water. I won't repurchase this one.

on 2/19/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Sickly sweet... like berry flavored cotton candy. I hear people say that after the top notes evaporate you're left with something nice but if the scent fades after a couple of hours, it seems like a slim window of time for the perfect scent. All in all, it's just not worth it for me. I had the same reaction to Thierry Mugler's Angel so I guess sweet treat smells are just not my thing.

Popular Fragrances