March 1, 2015 | 2019 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edited 2/7/10: My use of this product has gotten better and I can now use it for the entire undereye area and then apply BB Corrector on top. For now, I no longer need concealer, and prime allergy season is upon me, so I am very pleased with this product.

My use of this product is an example of change for the better. I felt forced to find a new "Eye Brightener" since the one I'd been using from Bobbi Brown has been repackaged into a click pen which is $6 more for 1/5 the amount. I simply refused to buy a replacement of this product which I use every single day. My jar was about 2/3 gone which meant that the remaining product was a bit thick and too opaque, so I used the opportunity to purchase MUFE Lift Concealer.

It is superior, imho, to the jar form of the Eye Brightener. It is more sheer, but buildable if needed, plus it contains moisturizing ingredients which the Bobbi Brown product did not. I still moisturize the undereye area before use, but not nearly as much (with squalane). The shade I picked is #1, Pink Beige (I'm MAC NW-20 although it's the darkness of the area which I go by to determine the color.) It is a bit less peachy that the previous product, but I like it better since the corrector and, if necessary, concealer, from BB blend very well with it. That was my one concern, if products from different companies would get along, and they appear to like each other just fine. The "Lift" has a slight luminous quality to it and seems to reflect light from my "allergy shiners" as well as "lift" the darkness from the area. I am very pleased with it.

I tossed out the jar of Eye Brightener which, admittedly, was a very frustrating form of packaging. I greatly prefer the tube. It is a sizeable tube for $22 so I consider this choice thrifty and a change for the better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate concealer, but needed a light, sheer, non-cakey one for photographs. This is great as concealer and eye shadow base. It also covers blemishes I may have. Definitely not for dark circles or major discoloration, but it was not made for that. It's not a product that will cover everything, but I hate products that feel like a mask. Great price for a non-drying, natural-looking product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by masaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had thought of returning this since MUFE FC does covering up pretty well. However, I still like to use this to brighten up my eyes noticably. I would usually get 2 hours of sleep every Friday night. When I went to work on Saturday, my guy coworker asked if I had any sleep.. and I ask if it shows in my eyes, and he said it doesn't and I look wide awake. When in fact, my eyes feel tired and ready to go back to sleep soon.

For me I get better results with MUFE FC layered on top. Discoloration disappears and my eyes becomes brighter. I love the packaging. A squeeze tube is so hygienic and allows me to dispense just the necessary amount. The consistency is liquidy creamy, much lighter than MUFE FC. And when spread through the area, there's a dewy sheen (for brightening).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by marmalade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Likely will purchase again.

Pros:
application type - from tube - sanitary
buildable covereage
the slight tightening action (I think that's what is happening) is good for my undereye area

Cons:
buildable coverage (can be a con too) Some days I need a touch of my Stila concealer to feel ok about it. Not always but some days I do need that bit extra.

Overall I'm happy with it but still on the hunt for a better concealer for my aging, more dry than not skin with genetically predisposed undereye circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sunshine880

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The SA at Sephora talked me into buying this. It was horrible on me - did not cover well at all and was quite drying. The worst part of it though was how badly it settled into fine lines (and I barely have any). I have never looked so old. Thank goodness I was able to take this back for a refund.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not much coverage and a little drying. Back to erase paste.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by baronesszara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow the reviews here are so varied. This is clearly great for some people's skin. Not my dry, sensitive skin though.
It sits very badly in fine lines under the eye & doesn't have enough coverage for anywhere else on the face. It shows me where my skin is flakey, when I could not see the flakes without it! It also sits in my pores. again they are not really visible without it. Perhaps a primer would help, but I want a product that doesn't require another product in order to work.
I love MUFE, but their foundations don't suit me either. HD nor Liquid Lift works well. Both and this concealer dry out and/or high-light any dry patches. Not a good thing at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

MUFE Lift Concealer is a lovely liquid concealer. It has buildable medium coverage.. and you can build it to a pretty full coverage. If you don't need a heavy coverage you can definately use a sponge applicator and apply a thin layer. It's not cakey at all. My perfect color match is #3. For reference I am a MAC NC40 skin tone. I think it compares almost exactly to Lancome Effacernes because it has a brightening effect and almost the same consistency. Its seems to lighten up my under eyes like Effacernes does.. and the consistency is very dewy and and creamy. It has a peach hue to it so it conceals purple tones under my eyes very well. I like to apply it with a concealer brush for a fuller coverage or a flat foundation brush. It does not crease or leave my under eyes dry and it is super blendable. It is .5 oz for $22. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lilbunnie

Wow! I just remembered I used this like 5 years ago and bought it a few times! AWESOME!!! but sooo expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by buff45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this concealer. There is something about my skin... every other product I've tried causes my mascara/shadow/etc for smudge down, like a raccoon... but not MUFE! Not only that, but my 45 year old eyes really benefit from the tightening effects of this stuff - I am completely shocked by some of the reviews here - this is one of the very few make up products I have ever totally RAVED about.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No