July 30, 2014 | 2194 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by maryhamel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't have enough good things to say about this foundation.

I just can't stand the feel of liquid foundations anymore, but find that many powder foundations look to cakey on my skin as it "matures", and settle into the fine lines.

This product doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. It is a nice, light coverage that doesn't leave me looking too powdery. It is enough coverage to tone down that redness around my nose and even me out.

It is quick and easy to apply, and is definately the right price. With little time to apply makeup, I can throw this on and look polished.

I actually like this better than MAC Studio Fix, which was great in my 20s, but isn't working so well for me as I get older.

With this product, I get the light, dry, clean feel of a powder foundation without looking chalky or too matte.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mom actually gave this to me when she bought the wrong color. I have been using mineral make up for a long time now and sometimes feel like my face is a bit too shiny. I reached for this one day and tried it. I was very suprised. I haven't used a cover girl power in a very long time (they are really dusty and powdery for my tast). This power took away any shine and didn't look like I had dust all over my face. I also like the compact this comes in. The mirror can be moved into two different positions and I like the sponge instead of a puff the other compacts have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by a2makeup

Pretty good, nice coverage. I use it in winter sometimes. But it's too cakey for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder has been my take-along purse powder for years and years. I still use it as a foundation on days when I'm just too lazy or in too much of a hurry to spend time in front of the mirror. I can actually do my face without a mirror with this powder, lol. Mind you, I won't look my *best*, but I look presentable enough :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by koigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love this stuff, but I tried wearing this again recently & realized it's not doing me any favors. It's too chalky & the color is off (pinky-orange in the lightest shade Ivory 505).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to find a natural looking, decent covering, oil controlling powder foundation for summer, and this is it! I use this in soft honey on my summer tanned skin and it blends flawlessly! It's smooth and natural looking, zaps oil, and provides a decent amount of coverage. No caking, sinking into pores, or chalky look at all! I have tried MANY powder foundations, both drugstore and high end, but like this one the best. Love the sponge that comes with it too! A true drugstore gem! UPDATE: Just wanted to update to say this is still one of the absolute best pressed powder foundations I have found. Doesn't sink into pores, and provides silky smooth coverage. No breakouts either...love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove17

Im absolutely in love with this product. Ive been using it for about 2 or 3 years now, and I truly have few complaints. The consistency and coverage of the foundation is great. It is never cakey looking, or to sheer. I do have acne, blemishes, well just not great skin. But with a concealer and this powder, it completely covers up all my blemishes and leaves a flawless looking face. I also have oily skin, and the foundation never slides off. The few downsides to it, is if you dont blend it out well around the jaw line, on occasion, it will leave streaks on your face. Another con about this is it sometimes settles in to my fine lines, and I am young, so having it accentuate those areas is not good for me.
Other then that it is truly an amazing product and i will continue to purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im a girl of color and this is ok. i cant use cover girl foundation but there powders are good for oils blotting

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Corruption

I've used this product ALOT. It covers great without any signs of cakey-ness. I love it. I recommend it to anybody. It's easy to use and doesn't mess with your skin. Cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for YEARS and I keep going back to it. Its the easiest foundation I've ever used, dirt cheap, and actually fixes what I am concerned about (rediness and oiliness). For the price, it's worth a try.