Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 9/21/2009 9:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My old stand-by. It seems I try something newer, better, improved; but I always come back to the powder I have been using since high school. With several ivory-range shades, this powder can take me from winter-pale to summer-tan and back again, and has for more than a decade. Keep one in the car or in your work desk/locker for just in case!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am finicky about foundations and didn't expect to meet my true love in the CG line, but Simply Powder is "IT" for me and has been for years. (BTW, if you're wondering, it is quite similar to the Oil Control Pocket Powder foundation in the blue case, but has a better sponge and more product in the package.) I wear it in Ivory and it's perfect with my fair, yellow-toned skin-- I find the "classic ivory" a bit too orangey. It comes with a nice thick foam sponge that's easy to clean if need be, and won't fall apart. What impresses me so much about this product is that it's a very fine-textured powder that looks soft, smooth, and velvety, unlike a lot of drugstore-brand powders that look chalky and obvious. It also controls oil as well as anything I've tried, and I have very oily skin. I just apply this evenly to my entire face after using my tinted moisturizer in the morning, and I'm good until about 5:00, at which point I just blot my face, re-apply my Simply Powder and blush, and I look fresh as a daisy. I just love touching my velvety-matte skin when I wear this.

I do recommend going a shade lighter with this product than you might think you need. It tends to run a bit dark. 5 thumbs up, Cover Girl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is always in my makeup bag for quick touch ups. I love this and it covers great for me. I

on 8/18/2009 4:58:00 PM

I don't have enough good things to say about this foundation.

I just can't stand the feel of liquid foundations anymore, but find that many powder foundations look to cakey on my skin as it "matures", and settle into the fine lines.

This product doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. It is a nice, light coverage that doesn't leave me looking too powdery. It is enough coverage to tone down that redness around my nose and even me out.

It is quick and easy to apply, and is definately the right price. With little time to apply makeup, I can throw this on and look polished.

I actually like this better than MAC Studio Fix, which was great in my 20s, but isn't working so well for me as I get older.

With this product, I get the light, dry, clean feel of a powder foundation without looking chalky or too matte.

on 8/6/2009 11:47:00 PM

My mom actually gave this to me when she bought the wrong color. I have been using mineral make up for a long time now and sometimes feel like my face is a bit too shiny. I reached for this one day and tried it. I was very suprised. I haven't used a cover girl power in a very long time (they are really dusty and powdery for my tast). This power took away any shine and didn't look like I had dust all over my face. I also like the compact this comes in. The mirror can be moved into two different positions and I like the sponge instead of a puff the other compacts have.

on 7/28/2009 10:28:00 PM

Pretty good, nice coverage. I use it in winter sometimes. But it's too cakey for me

on 7/28/2009 1:45:00 PM

This powder has been my take-along purse powder for years and years. I still use it as a foundation on days when I'm just too lazy or in too much of a hurry to spend time in front of the mirror. I can actually do my face without a mirror with this powder, lol. Mind you, I won't look my *best*, but I look presentable enough :)

on 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this stuff, but I tried wearing this again recently & realized it's not doing me any favors. It's too chalky & the color is off (pinky-orange in the lightest shade Ivory 505).

on 7/14/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been trying to find a natural looking, decent covering, oil controlling powder foundation for summer, and this is it! I use this in soft honey on my summer tanned skin and it blends flawlessly! It's smooth and natural looking, zaps oil, and provides a decent amount of coverage. No caking, sinking into pores, or chalky look at all! I have tried MANY powder foundations, both drugstore and high end, but like this one the best. Love the sponge that comes with it too! A true drugstore gem! UPDATE: Just wanted to update to say this is still one of the absolute best pressed powder foundations I have found. Doesn't sink into pores, and provides silky smooth coverage. No breakouts either...love it!

on 6/24/2009 11:10:00 PM

Im absolutely in love with this product. Ive been using it for about 2 or 3 years now, and I truly have few complaints. The consistency and coverage of the foundation is great. It is never cakey looking, or to sheer. I do have acne, blemishes, well just not great skin. But with a concealer and this powder, it completely covers up all my blemishes and leaves a flawless looking face. I also have oily skin, and the foundation never slides off. The few downsides to it, is if you dont blend it out well around the jaw line, on occasion, it will leave streaks on your face. Another con about this is it sometimes settles in to my fine lines, and I am young, so having it accentuate those areas is not good for me.
Other then that it is truly an amazing product and i will continue to purchase it.