Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 10/9/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

just started using this 2 days ago n i love it. i use max factor panstik 4 concealer w/this over n i look good 4 the acne comin thru from a lil purging goin on. color is perfect. great 4 my red cheeks n olive forehead n chin. matches great n goes smoothly over my concealer. no breakouts please. UPDATE... lovin this powder. changed my concealer 2 MUFE full cover n its exactly what i wanted. no breakouts or clogs, YAY!! i do use this to set my liquid fdtn when i where that 4 uglier skin days too. LOVE THIS!! continued >>

on 10/2/2009 3:41:00 PM

I bought this powder the other day, hoping for something with decent natural looking coverage, and after reading the reviews this sounded like itd be a good pick.

This powder is the worse type of foundation Ive ever used. I exfoliated my face, I used a primer, and then I applied this. I went to step outside to see how natural it looked in the sun. Inside it looked a little pale (I bought the ivory shade) but Id rather be pale than pink. So I step outside and Im GLOWING BRIGHT PINK!!! I couldnt believe it! I looked at myself in the mirror and it looked all flakely on my skin and I looked like something was wrong with me.

Im going to consider giving it another try because I really liked the texture and how it went out, however how it actually looked and the bright pink make me want to give it to my little sister to play dress up with

on 9/21/2009 9:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My old stand-by. It seems I try something newer, better, improved; but I always come back to the powder I have been using since high school. With several ivory-range shades, this powder can take me from winter-pale to summer-tan and back again, and has for more than a decade. Keep one in the car or in your work desk/locker for just in case!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am finicky about foundations and didn't expect to meet my true love in the CG line, but Simply Powder is "IT" for me and has been for years. (BTW, if you're wondering, it is quite similar to the Oil Control Pocket Powder foundation in the blue case, but has a better sponge and more product in the package.) I wear it in Ivory and it's perfect with my fair, yellow-toned skin-- I find the "classic ivory" a bit too orangey. It comes with a nice thick foam sponge that's easy to clean if need be, and won't fall apart. What impresses me so much about this product is that it's a very fine-textured powder that looks soft, smooth, and velvety, unlike a lot of drugstore-brand powders that look chalky and obvious. It also controls oil as well as anything I've tried, and I have very oily skin. I just apply this evenly to my entire face after using my tinted moisturizer in the morning, and I'm good until about 5:00, at which point I just blot my face, re-apply my Simply Powder and blush, and I look fresh as a daisy. I just love touching my velvety-matte skin when I wear this.

I do recommend going a shade lighter with this product than you might think you need. It tends to run a bit dark. 5 thumbs up, Cover Girl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is always in my makeup bag for quick touch ups. I love this and it covers great for me. I

on 8/18/2009 4:58:00 PM

I don't have enough good things to say about this foundation.

I just can't stand the feel of liquid foundations anymore, but find that many powder foundations look to cakey on my skin as it "matures", and settle into the fine lines.

This product doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. It is a nice, light coverage that doesn't leave me looking too powdery. It is enough coverage to tone down that redness around my nose and even me out.

It is quick and easy to apply, and is definately the right price. With little time to apply makeup, I can throw this on and look polished.

I actually like this better than MAC Studio Fix, which was great in my 20s, but isn't working so well for me as I get older.

With this product, I get the light, dry, clean feel of a powder foundation without looking chalky or too matte.

on 8/6/2009 11:47:00 PM

My mom actually gave this to me when she bought the wrong color. I have been using mineral make up for a long time now and sometimes feel like my face is a bit too shiny. I reached for this one day and tried it. I was very suprised. I haven't used a cover girl power in a very long time (they are really dusty and powdery for my tast). This power took away any shine and didn't look like I had dust all over my face. I also like the compact this comes in. The mirror can be moved into two different positions and I like the sponge instead of a puff the other compacts have.

on 7/28/2009 10:28:00 PM

Pretty good, nice coverage. I use it in winter sometimes. But it's too cakey for me

on 7/28/2009 1:45:00 PM

This powder has been my take-along purse powder for years and years. I still use it as a foundation on days when I'm just too lazy or in too much of a hurry to spend time in front of the mirror. I can actually do my face without a mirror with this powder, lol. Mind you, I won't look my *best*, but I look presentable enough :)

on 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this stuff, but I tried wearing this again recently & realized it's not doing me any favors. It's too chalky & the color is off (pinky-orange in the lightest shade Ivory 505).