MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

on 12/7/2009 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really wanted an everyday red that was a deep shade of my own lip color. this does the trick. it's not as moisturizing as i wanted for winter months but still gives a nice finish. i can wear this with pretty much everything. love

on 10/14/2009 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

this is my new HG red lipstick

its one that can be applied without a mirror because its so easy and non fussy =)

its a sheer yet powerful rasberry shade.. its not fire engine red but its not purply or pinkish... its really a hard color to describe but a must for everyone!!!

this may be the best purchase i have made recently.. the color isnt too much for the office but its also sexy enough to wear on a night out... its so flattering on a variety of skin tones and its definitly a MLBB shade

i will be buying this for years to come!!!

on 9/28/2009 11:36:00 PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous lipstick with my coloring! I have rather pigmented lips, and on me this reads as a mix of red-coral-berry. It's not warm, it's not cool, and I can't really describe the color any better than that but I can say when I put it on, my eyes sparkle and my face just lights up (which is exactly what a good lip color should do!) It is one of those colors that will always look appropriate, a great uplifting splash of color that never looks overdone or out of place.

on 9/26/2009 9:33:00 AM

Got this as my back to Mac free lipstick.
lovely colour. Looks like a reddy browny pink stain on my lips.
The coverage looked and felt glossy. The glossyness didn't last for ages, but the colour did last.
Ideal daytime or evening colour. Can be played up or down depending on eye makeup.

on 8/26/2009 4:41:00 PM

Once in a while, I like to pick out a random lipstick as a way of getting out of a beauty rut. Something unexpected that I wouldn't normally buy. Hot Tahiti was one such purchase. I am so pleasantly surprised by this romantic-yet-natural shade. It reminds me of people who have naturally flushed, red lips. I wouldn't classify it as a red, actually, more like a warm rosy-coral color. The texture is very versatile. This is a good one to keep in the purse because it works with a T-shirt or a little black dress.

on 8/7/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am SOOO in love with this color! Like all MAC Glaze lipsticks, Hot Tahiti can be applied as a stain (one thin layer) or you can apply a few layers for rich, gorgeous color. I would describe Hot Tahiti, like others have said, as a found-in-nature coral - it is NOT a pink/orange 'coral'. It's a slightly dusty warm-toned red that gives my lips a natural, yet vibrant, pop. This l/s brightens up my NC 40 skin, yet it's not overly dramatic. Hot Tahiti also has GREAT staying power! This is one of the few lipsticks that I'm considering stocking up on.

on 7/25/2009 4:51:00 PM

This is truly a universally (well pretty much, esp. for fairer ladies) flattering colour. On me, it looks like MLBB. It gives my lips that sexy 'just bitten' juicy flushed translucent reddish-pinkish glow. It really brightens up my whole face and makes me feel Pretty in a 'natural' way everytime i wear this colour. And i do get complemented on this colour often. And it can be worn during the day, evenings or at night, and will look as good at any given time. Gosh i'm in love with this colour. 'nuff said :)

What a beautiful lipstick! I saw it amongst the many testers in MAC and thought, "No way, too bright" but tried anyway. Am so glad that I did. I agree with everything the eloquent blogger has written in her "ode to Hot Tahiti" below. It is stunning, if worn lightly as a stain or packed on for full effect. My only complaint is that mine broke and I think that is because it has rather a soft texture, certainly softer thatn those of my other MAC lipsticks.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, HEAD-TURNING RED. If you haven't seen "Hot Tahiti" in the flesh, remember this: when people (& Mac Online) use the term "coral red" in trying to describe this remarkable colour, these 2 words do NOT mean "coral" in the drug store-makeup sense of screaming orangey-pink. Not at all! Instead, think of the exquisite red coral beads that both the Navajo/Dineh & the Tibetans use to complement the blue & green turquoise in their best & most valuable sterling silver jewelry: ahhh yes, yes: THAT red -- the soft, warm red of the coral in those unforgettable necklaces, cuffs, rings & headpieces. For that is the type of "coral" that's really described in this ravishing lipstick with the inexplicable name of "Hot Tahiti". And in addition to its warmth there's even a subtle blue note, almost like a soft blue flame, somehow hidden in the depths of this rich & truly singular shade of red, so that "women with complexions of virtually every colour can wear 'Hot Tahiti' ," as several MA's have told me recently, which is why these artists "always keep it to the front" when doing their best work for a client ! For somehow "Hot Tahiti" manages to be both romantic & yet sophisticated, utterly natural & yet unmistakably polished. And talk about "MLBB": Mac's "Hot Tahiti" is also almost identical to the true colour of those remarkable red lips found on the blue eyed/ black-haired/ white-skinned "Black Celtic" children of Ireland & Scotland & Wales. // If you want to go Beyond Memorable & into that category known simply & only as Forever Unforgettable, wear "Hot Tahiti", an eminently wearable colour made for both day & night: certainly 1 of the very most beautiful shades Mac has ever, EVER created. // [NB: Repurchase? Indeed I've already begun my stockpile: for, as many MUA'ers have noted on this site, Mac has the unfortunate habit of quite suddenly discontinuing its most unique & often even most beautiful lipsticks, no matter HOW popular the shades are -- & once you've worn "Hot Tahiti", you just don't ever want to be without it again.]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A pretty, every day kind of pink for someone who does not wear pink, like me. :D

Popular Lipsticks