August 1, 2014 | 890 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by seeitasitis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove is an excellent product. I was disappointed with the commercial with Dove being compared to other soaps. It showed a cut out piece of paper that dissolved and broke down, while it didn't break up with dove. One can plainly see that the other soaps were dissolving with time as well, but Dove was not even being used. Very noticeable. What I love about dove is that it's a lotion used as a soap. That's what you can sell. Watch the commercial and think about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Lucciole

First, it is a bar, not a soap.PH5.5.
Second, it is a perfect body wash, esp in winter. It can really moisturize your body after washing. I am so lazy that I don't always apply some moisturizer after taking a shower.
Third, it should not be used as facial wash thought its PH is 5.5. I don't know who is the first person telling me that it can clean my face clearly but gently. Actually there are two totally different feelings between body and face. After cleaning face with this, DRY DRY DRY..just like someone behind me dragging my face violently.
If I live alone, I will choose it as the first choice for body wash. However, if it is used by a family, it will be used up quickly. That's my reason why I will not buy this product again.
It is good, but not suitable for me.
BYE~

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kmcgin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd try this out since it seems to be a go-to classic for some. I find that it drys the skin on my hands and body, and I really don't like the smell. It's so strong and obviously soapy. Kinda just makes me feel itchy all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My grandmother swore by this soap and taught me from the time I was a little girl the importance of cleaning ur face. Se still had beautiful skin even when she passed. I think I need to revisit this again. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely in LOVE with this soap. I have dry skin and I use this on my body and face. It has become my HG cleanser. I never thought I would be able to use such a cheap product on my face. It's so creamy and never drying. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As someone with very dry, mild eczema skin, this is one of the best body soap I have tried. It is the least drying soap without the over powering fragrance commonly find in cheap soap (I can't handly fragrance products due to allergies). While this soap isn't the best at removing sweat (ie. after the gym etc), it is a very nice everyday body soap that is suitable to dry skin in dry winter climate.

One way to make this soap even better is to add oatmeal to it (sorta like LUSH 'Porridge' soap bar): extra hydrating with the additional exfoliating effects! Just microwave the soap bar cut up into four sections with 2-3 tsp of water then add 2-4 tsp of grind up oats while stirring. Then just let it cool in a soap mold or round dish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DOVE soap is the BEST! Really does a lot of your skin! My fiance loves how smooth it makes my skin feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by jr2010

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for approximately 40 years. It is wonderful. Removes dirt and make-up and keeps your skin moist. I am 62 and my skin looks great.
I would never use anything else.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Jabawakky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream bar is a keeper!!! I've been searching for a soap that I wont have any negative reaction to. My skin calls it like she sees it and any product I use she doesn't like, she tells me immediately and by that I mean that day or the next. And trust me, she is very picky. I have used this soap for about two months now and I am seeing loads of changes. I have acne scars and this soap is fading it! Don't ask me how cos if I knew, I could solve cancer. I also have strawberry legs and it is getting better by the day but I noticed a dif about 3 weeks into it. It is also making my skin tone more even. I cant say enough about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by andijan

I've tried vegetable oil based soaps for years. I've spent the big bucks on L'Occitane and Triple-milled olive oil soaps, etc. They all made my skin so dry. I went back to Dove, which I stopped using due to the tallow (beef fat). I went back and am so happy despite the tallow. It works and I can't see how something that is on your skin for seconds can do too much internal harm. I'm far more mindful when it comes to my moisturizer. With using Dove Sensitive, I feel that I don't have to use so much moisturizer. I have tried the body wash/liquid version, too. But, I don't like it so much. I've tried the scented and it seems to irritate my skin. I love DOVE sensitive. Simple, easy, affordable, no nonsense.