July 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by goldmine4545

I have the old pencil brush and it's great and gives a lovely smokey look. However, this brush I just bought yesterday has hard hairs and does not give the beautiful smokey look on the bottom of the lashes.

Very disappointed. So back it goes. I get a better look with the sephora smudge brush for a few dollars. They obviously changed the hairs in this brush as well as the style a little. The first brush I got was all bent. The second one is very pointy. I noticed they are not consistent. But they were both consistent in that they did not smudge properly. Going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

ALL PROS: Works SO well as a dense color depositer. I use this for my H/L colors for small spaces. It's also used to create a smoky eye/smudger.

ALTERNATES: Bobbi Brown has a version of this that is a bit softer and has a bit larger tip that is a little less precise. It's called the Eye Smudge Brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 219 was my first MAC brush and definitely my favorite!! I bought for the purpose of smudging shadow into my lower lash line (I didn't have a brush capable of doing that). However, I use it for so much more than that! I love it for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes, highlighting the brow bone, and especially for applying color to the crease and outer V. I have pretty small eyes and the 217 is too big for applying dark colors (I do use it for lighter colors when I want a natural crease color just for contouring). The 219 is the perfect size and applies the color perfectly. This brush is essential for smokey eyes, in my opinion, and I will never be without it! Eventually I will be getting a second one!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this brush but I don't really need it.
It's helpful when trying to highlight the inner rim of the eyes, but I never use it for smudging out eyeliner. I prefer using a sponge tip.
It's a brush I could've lived without.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a LE version that came in a set. Don't know which one - I bought it at a warehouse sale. I was hesitant to purchase due to the reputation of the sets. However, I'm glad I did. This brush is so soft on my eyes and very versatile. I do not like to carry my MAC brushes out for fear of losing them, but I felt I could not do without this. I realize this is a pencil brush but it is more versatile for me. I use it as a pencil brush for my lower lash line, but most especially as a crease and outer v, blending brush. I have a small crease area to work with but this fits perfectly. I use the circular windshield method to make e/s softer and blended with this but do still use another blending brush once the initial work is done. It's also perfect for when doing cut creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this baby!
I think it's a must for any girl's makeup bag. It gives maximum precision and you can use it everywhere, not only in the under-eye area, as m/u artists recommend. I also use it for smokey eyes looks and it's wonderful.
Even though, I gave it just 4 lippies because its price is totally killing me. It cost me about 30 euros here, in Europe,. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jennnifer1911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just recently purchased this brush and am now wondering how I managed without it! It is a great brush for getting the finishing touch for a smokey eye and wonderful for any precision work....another great brush by MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted this brush like mad when I first started getting into buying decent brushes. And it is a fabulous brush...excellent for applying and smudging colour under the lower lashes, perfect for defining the crease and just the thing for applying a light colour to the tear duct area. But, like all MAC brushes, it's pricey and I found a fabulous set by POSH that included 2 pencil brushes - one very tiny and one slightly larger - for a fraction of the price of the 219 and which work just as well.

Definitely a good, quality brush and I don't regret having it but there are cheaper brushes out there that work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The tip is so dense sometimes I can't believe they could get the bristles to do that, and it's actually goat hair so it's not rough or too abrasive for that sensitive skin around our eyes at all. It applies eyeshadow on the lower lash line perfectly & neatly, but this can also be used to apply direct color in the other "v".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Another mac brush that I cannot do without! It's the most perfect brush for applying colour on my lower lash line. Nothing got close to doing the same job as this perfectly!