Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 12/11/2010 4:53:00 AM

This is indeed very gentle but it takes several swipes to get rid of the makeup which is counterintuitive to its purpose in the beginning. I just don't find this effective enough and true, it does not irritate at all. But the fact that you have to go over the area several times defeats the purpose of anything gentle since cotton pads are more irritating than the makeup remover is gentle.

on 11/19/2010 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

OMG this stuff stung my eyes really badly, Im surprised EL couldn't come up with a better product since they are a high end brand, I have used EL's foundations for many years and they are simply the best, excellent color selection and the best formulas that don't cake or sink into lines anyway................this remover also gave me like a big red cyst like breakout under my eyes, very disappointed and will never go near this stuff, besides it did an awful job at removing eye makeup.

on 11/13/2010 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I rather like this eye makeup remover. It takes very little product with gentle wiping to dissolve my non waterproof mascara, it leaves very little residue. It doesn't sting my eyes. This was a gwp.

on 11/11/2010 7:59:00 AM

The SA used this to take my make up off to show me one of their mascaras. My eyes started stinging, and they were bright red & bloodshot. And this is meant to be gentle?! Don't get me wrong, I use their skincare & make up, but this (along with various other items) cause an allergic reaction.

on 10/21/2010 4:24:00 PM

doesn't take off all makeup especially waterproof mascara. however, i LOVE this makeup remover because its so gentle on my eyelids. i highly recommend this for those who have sensitive eyelids. also, if you want to take off all your makeup, using a q-tip will get the job done, rather than just using the cotton balls or makeup pads.

on 10/3/2010 12:41:00 AM

every time my mom gets some kind of estee lauder perfume, this is usually included as a gwp. it's not the best makeup remover, but it's not the worst i've tried. i do find that it takes a little more effort to remove makeup w/ this product than it does with the one i use one (target up&up makeup remover.) it had irritated my eyelids and made them red&stingy on a few occasions.

on 8/17/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using my gwp small bottle of this for a while now.
It requires an awful lot of swipes and rubbing to get off even a light application of non-waterproof mascara. My eyelids feel irritated and raw afterwards. I prefer something creamy and soothing,like the Clinique eye makeup removers. When I shake the bottle of this slightly, it foams up tremendously like dishwashing detergent and looks greasy in the bottle. Gross. I would rather lather up my face with cleanser and rinse off or use my Clairsonic over my eye area a few times than use this. It is harsh and doesn't work well at all. I even saw tiny broken blood vessels on my eyelids after using this to get off a heavier than usual eye makeup. Stay away from this and try Clinique.

on 7/31/2010 1:29:00 AM

unlike oil based eye makeup remover, this doesn't take off my waterproof mascara. BUT this dissolves my black eyelash glue. The oil base remover couldn't do the job but this bottle can.

on 7/23/2010 1:02:00 PM

Since I'm seeing so many bad reviews, I'm not even sure if I'm using the same eye remover as everyone. I got this as a GWP.
I actually enjoyed this product very much, and it didn't feel greasy or had any drop of oil compared to many other types of makeup remover. It was fragrance free and it didn't irritate my eyes. It removed all the makeup I used.

on 7/17/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Iíve got this as a GWP when I purchased Sumptuous mascara. Since Iíve been wanting to switch from my usual Sephora make-up remover, I thought it was a great opportunity to see whether the high-end make-up removers are better than drugstore ones.

Although I donít wear waterproof makeup, I usually wear lot of make up on my eyes (tons of eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara), so the good eye makeup remover is important to me.

What can I say about this? Itís really gentle. It is actually so gentle that it barely removes an eyeshadow. It looks like a water, and it removes makeup just as good as water does. The makeup remover leaves the eye area a bit sticky. I see no purpose in giving a large sum of money for something as ineffective. The only good thing is that it hasnít irritated my eyes.