Tweezerman Metal Eye Lash Comb

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this! This is my mascara secret weapon....I've been using it for years! This can make the biggest mascara mess fixable. I always have one of these in my makeup bag, forget the plastic ones they stink compared to this!

Purchased this on a whim -- now I won't be without it. I comb through before, and then just after applying mascara (while it's still wet) and I'm set! I've been able to use up a few otherwise clumpy tubes of mascara that I would have thrown out otherwise. Explaining what it was doing in my carry on to flight security was a little dicey, but otherwise this has been perfect! Huge difference from those stupid plastic ones.

on 5/23/2010 10:17:00 PM

Wouldn't you agree that about 8 out 10 mascaras are clumpy?? You could apply Tammy Faye Bakker mascara and swipe THIS eyelash comb through your lashes afterwards and have the best damn eyelashes on the block!

Any mascara in the world is trouble free to apply if you are in possession of this eyelash comb.
The only trick is to comb through your lashes immediately after applying mascara (before it dries). All clumps disappear and lashes are beautifully defined.
The metal teeth are quite sharp though, so take extra care while using this baby.
This comb puts all those silly plastic eyelash combs to SHAME!!
*Side note: If you are looking for this at your local drug store, it is not white like in the above picture. The one I just bought is black, although if you find the white one and the teeth are metal, it is probably the same high quality instrument.
LOVE IT!

on 5/8/2010 10:02:00 AM

This lash comb is deadly! beware of stabbing or scratching your eye or even lash line out. Aside from that, this lash comb is really effective at getting those annoying mascara clumps out giving your lash a really nice look. i like it!

on 4/10/2010 1:44:00 AM

People complain about this mascara and that mascara clumping up, but I never have a problem with ANY mascara because this eyelash comb separates all of my lashes. Be careful though, since the teeth on the comb are very fine and sharp, if you accidentally hit your eye, it hurts!

I'm on my second eyelash comb already. The handle to my first one broke and the teeth come out after awhile, but you can just push them back in on a hard, flat surface (I use a glass table). I highly recommend this for beautiful eyelashes.

on 3/8/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A great eyelash comb for all you mascara lovers out there. This helps to separate and remove any clumping with ease, leaving lashes beautiful.

How did I not have one of these suckers before?

It effectively solves the problem of spidery eyelashes, introducing a world of separation! I've had mine a year or so now--seems sturdy enough to me (after a multitude of washings). This is a great product!

continued >>

on 1/10/2010 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this produkt. I bought this in London 4 months ago and used it ever since. I will certanily buy this again.

on 1/10/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Totally something I didnít know I needed until I got it! Iíve been enjoying it for a couple of years now and I wouldnít hesitate to replace it if I lost it.
I like to run it through my lashes once BEFORE mascara to avoid clumps and then once after applying the mascara to remove clumps. It is very sharp so I like to point it away from my eye by using it behind my lashes and combing upwards as if I were curling my lashes with a spoolie.

PROS: Great for separating. Love how the little cover flips over to protect it.

CONS: Be careful. It's sharp. I find it can comb out my lashes too well, if that makes sense (I am not a fan of a natural look, though.). (see alternates)

ALTERNATES: Different mascaras respond differently to different separating tools. For example, some mascaras seem to like using a brush-type, like Shiseido Mascara Brush #8, or even a disposable mascara wand (can buy in bulk on amazon.) Others really do better with a comb-type, like the little comb on the end of Maybelline's Define-A-Brow brow pencil. (Yes, I buy the pencil, just for the perfect little comb.) I also love the comb that comes with the Trim brand's "Mustache/Beard Scissors & Comb" set in their Specialtycare line. (Found at Walmart. And yes, I buy the set just for the comb, but it's inexpensive.)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools