Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 3/16/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

before I start an in-depth review, I just wanna say this: this foundation is for those who want light coverage, just to even out the skin, cover some slight redness, etc. this foundation will not cover severe acne or any other flaws that would normally need heavier coverage from a foundation.

I love this stuff! I am blessed with clear skin that I really strive to take care of. so usually my skin is clear minus a little redness and dryness (in winter) and maybe the occasional pimple. this foundation evened out my skin, and even reduced some redness from a pimple that I had. i applyed the with a brush, which i feel gives better coverage than my fingers (which for some reason gave no coverage when i applied the foundation with them... who knows?). this is my first ever foundation, and I feel like I'm not wearing any facial makeup, which is a major plus. the only thing is, you need to apply moisturizer before application. i know it is supposed to be hydrating makeup, but i felt like it slightly dryed out my skin when i didnt apply moisturizer after washing my face and then immediatley applying this. but, nevertheless this foundation is awesome and I totally recommend it! please go buy it!

on 3/13/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation is great, in the morning I do not have time to carefully apply my foundation with a brush or whatever. I usually take a little bit less than a dime size of this foundation and apply with my hands. It looks very natural, then I set with another powder foundation. It lasts all day, I get pretty good coverage. And it takes like a minute to apply. I took one lippie off for colour selection, I find that I'm in between colours with this one. But that's fine. Will definitely repurchase, as it is also very cheap.

on 3/7/2011 2:20:00 PM

I've been using this for several years now. Its my favorite of all the brands I've ever tried. Blends well, lots of coverage, natural look. LOVE it!

on 3/2/2011 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this product, which was a surprise since i bought this on a whim! I have only used one other foundation, revlon colorstay, which i had bought in an entirely wrong shade! i bought buff in colorstay, which was wayyy too light. I bought this in natural beige, and it matched my skin color perfectly. The first time i used this, i used a sponge, since i used to use a sponge for colorstay, since it was so heavy. but the coverage was so light that it didnt even cover like a tinted moisturizer. then i used it with my fingers, it blended perfectly and had amazing coverage.

I bought the concealer and loved it. I have no idea why I haven't seen the foundation before. So I decided to buy it and try it out. I was kinda iffy on it because it was so thin. But once you put it on it blends so nicely, and hydrates the spots you need it. I have oily skin, and severe acne and using this with the concealer and a powder to set it, my skin looked flawless! it felt so light and the most comfortable makeup I have ever used! Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product when my skin was very dry, the lady at Shoppers recommended it to me.
Unfortunately, it did nothing for my (once) very dry skin. It just make it flaky, and looking horrible. It also made certain parts of my face oily (which was odd at the time).

BUT, once my skin began very oily (I'm a teenager, so my hormones are out of whack and my skin changed drastically over the last year or so), I decided to try something new with this. On the days when I didn't feel like wearing foundation, I mixed this with whatever moisturizer I was using. So far it's my favourite to mix with Body Shop's Vitamin C SPF 15 moisturizer. I find it gives the perfect amount of coverage when I do this. I usually did a 1:1 ratio between this foundation and moisturizer (more foundation if I wanted more coverage).

So yeah - good in making tinted moisturizer, not so much as a foundation.

on 1/31/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this after running low on the Cover Girl "Clean" for sensitive skin. This was much lighter, and easier to apply. Being a student, I don't have time to put on a heavy foundation, blend it, make sure it's even, etc. This is so airy you really don't need to worry. In the summer or on days when your skin is dry, it's great to mix with moisturizer.

I purchased this after Cover Girl's naturluxe foundation broke me out horribly (which sucks cause I loved that).
I'm extremely pale with neutral undertones.
I bought this in the palest shade, it's a little pink but not too much. The shade matches fairly well.
I would say this is a very light coverage foundation (which is all I need) more like a TM. A couple of layers can help build up coverage, but this would be a bad choice if you need full coverage.
I find this moisturizing, it doesn't get cakey or flake off. I have dry skin so I don't know how this would work for someone with oily skin.
I will repurchase, it helps even out my skin and I don't have any major blemishes. The price is good too. I wish this had spf but it's still an +A product.

Best travel foundation ever! It's light, natural looking coverage and lasts quite a while with some middle-to-higher-end pressed powder. It's cheap, but not oily, and is easy to apply, but does not compromise sanitation. When I don't want to go through the trouble of my bare minerals spilling all over and getting misplaced, or lugging around the 3 brushes bare minerals insists I must use to get the finish I want, I throw this and my MAC pressed powder in my bag and am very impressed with the look without being suffocated by heavy creamy liquid foundations.

on 12/27/2010 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really good, light-weight foundation. The color match for me is just right, it goes on well and spreads very very easily. It isn't a full-coverage f/d, in fact I'd say it's a step above a tinted moisturizer- evens out skin tone like another reviewer stated. I really like the packaging too- not too bulky, squeeze tube, comes out nicely. I don't wear liquids everyday, so I can't speak about how it is to wear daily, but I wear it maybe 2-3 times a week and haven't experienced any breakouts. Also, it doesn't feel heavy or nasty at the end of the day, my skin feels pretty comfortable with it on. Really happy with it, and definitely gonna get it once my other stuff runs out. I used to use Revlon PR a lot more but forgot about it because of this :)