November 24, 2014 | 1143 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I bought this product when my skin was very dry, the lady at Shoppers recommended it to me.
Unfortunately, it did nothing for my (once) very dry skin. It just make it flaky, and looking horrible. It also made certain parts of my face oily (which was odd at the time).

BUT, once my skin began very oily (I'm a teenager, so my hormones are out of whack and my skin changed drastically over the last year or so), I decided to try something new with this. On the days when I didn't feel like wearing foundation, I mixed this with whatever moisturizer I was using. So far it's my favourite to mix with Body Shop's Vitamin C SPF 15 moisturizer. I find it gives the perfect amount of coverage when I do this. I usually did a 1:1 ratio between this foundation and moisturizer (more foundation if I wanted more coverage).

So yeah - good in making tinted moisturizer, not so much as a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by awwmuffin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after running low on the Cover Girl "Clean" for sensitive skin. This was much lighter, and easier to apply. Being a student, I don't have time to put on a heavy foundation, blend it, make sure it's even, etc. This is so airy you really don't need to worry. In the summer or on days when your skin is dry, it's great to mix with moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this after Cover Girl's naturluxe foundation broke me out horribly (which sucks cause I loved that).
I'm extremely pale with neutral undertones.
I bought this in the palest shade, it's a little pink but not too much. The shade matches fairly well.
I would say this is a very light coverage foundation (which is all I need) more like a TM. A couple of layers can help build up coverage, but this would be a bad choice if you need full coverage.
I find this moisturizing, it doesn't get cakey or flake off. I have dry skin so I don't know how this would work for someone with oily skin.
I will repurchase, it helps even out my skin and I don't have any major blemishes. The price is good too. I wish this had spf but it's still an +A product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best travel foundation ever! It's light, natural looking coverage and lasts quite a while with some middle-to-higher-end pressed powder. It's cheap, but not oily, and is easy to apply, but does not compromise sanitation. When I don't want to go through the trouble of my bare minerals spilling all over and getting misplaced, or lugging around the 3 brushes bare minerals insists I must use to get the finish I want, I throw this and my MAC pressed powder in my bag and am very impressed with the look without being suffocated by heavy creamy liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This is a really good, light-weight foundation. The color match for me is just right, it goes on well and spreads very very easily. It isn't a full-coverage f/d, in fact I'd say it's a step above a tinted moisturizer- evens out skin tone like another reviewer stated. I really like the packaging too- not too bulky, squeeze tube, comes out nicely. I don't wear liquids everyday, so I can't speak about how it is to wear daily, but I wear it maybe 2-3 times a week and haven't experienced any breakouts. Also, it doesn't feel heavy or nasty at the end of the day, my skin feels pretty comfortable with it on. Really happy with it, and definitely gonna get it once my other stuff runs out. I used to use Revlon PR a lot more but forgot about it because of this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by alexlovesmakeupfun

matches my skin perfectly and makes it look flawless .since using,most of my pimples have retreated to under my skin but I can still feel them..weird.moisturizes well.blends well with fingers but better with sponge or brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by twittletoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for a long time, discovered it in my teen years and haven't used anything else since due to laziness to find a better product, but I'm currently experimenting with other brands now as I know there's something that can give me better results. I've never really been a fan of CG and their ingredients are usually not appropriate for acne-prone skin. I have to say I've been satisfied with this though, and since I have normally dry skin which gets oily through out the day, I have to use vaseline as a scrub before applying this foundation so that it glides on smoothly. If you have dry patches, be sure to moisturize before applying! Stays on most of the day but since my skin is combination, I have to blot my oil spots at least 3-4 times. Overall, it covers pretty good and keeps your skin feeling soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Pipadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation thinking it was the Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer....then looking more closely at the label i realized it was really a foundation. anyways...I have combo skin and i guess this was okay for that. It does transfer and looks very cakey. I applied it with my fingers and that looked the best (still a bit cakey tho) and then used a stippling brush which didn't help. After it has set a little it still feels kinda wet and sticky..so i tried a setting powder...and it just made it even more cakey. They have a good range of shades and it blends well but the smell is awful. It smells like paint.....and cakey just isn't for me...
I guess this would be good to use in certain areas almost like a concealer but all over the face it isnt good. I like the packaging and it makes it easy to control the amount of product that comes out so overall i give this a 3. The smell, cakeyness, and the finish really wasn't a sell for me..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally like CG products, and my skin was dry, and I thought this would be perfect. Well, I thought wrong. I applied this stuff with my fingers. It was super-drying and accentuated every single dry patch I had on my face. It offered very little coverage and was a bit streaky. I used this maybe twice and gave up, because I just couldn't make this work. It was cheap, but I still returned it and got my money back! No...just no. The Aquasmooth Hydrating Compact Makeup with spf 15 is much better! Try that instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I have oily acne prone skin. I bought this product because I wanted something in the winter that would give my skin a bit more moisture. Instead I got a whole lot more oil. I had to reapply this a few times per day to get the coverage I wanted. Also, none of the shades matched my skin.