April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best travel foundation ever! It's light, natural looking coverage and lasts quite a while with some middle-to-higher-end pressed powder. It's cheap, but not oily, and is easy to apply, but does not compromise sanitation. When I don't want to go through the trouble of my bare minerals spilling all over and getting misplaced, or lugging around the 3 brushes bare minerals insists I must use to get the finish I want, I throw this and my MAC pressed powder in my bag and am very impressed with the look without being suffocated by heavy creamy liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This is a really good, light-weight foundation. The color match for me is just right, it goes on well and spreads very very easily. It isn't a full-coverage f/d, in fact I'd say it's a step above a tinted moisturizer- evens out skin tone like another reviewer stated. I really like the packaging too- not too bulky, squeeze tube, comes out nicely. I don't wear liquids everyday, so I can't speak about how it is to wear daily, but I wear it maybe 2-3 times a week and haven't experienced any breakouts. Also, it doesn't feel heavy or nasty at the end of the day, my skin feels pretty comfortable with it on. Really happy with it, and definitely gonna get it once my other stuff runs out. I used to use Revlon PR a lot more but forgot about it because of this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by alexlovesmakeupfun

matches my skin perfectly and makes it look flawless .since using,most of my pimples have retreated to under my skin but I can still feel them..weird.moisturizes well.blends well with fingers but better with sponge or brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by twittletoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for a long time, discovered it in my teen years and haven't used anything else since due to laziness to find a better product, but I'm currently experimenting with other brands now as I know there's something that can give me better results. I've never really been a fan of CG and their ingredients are usually not appropriate for acne-prone skin. I have to say I've been satisfied with this though, and since I have normally dry skin which gets oily through out the day, I have to use vaseline as a scrub before applying this foundation so that it glides on smoothly. If you have dry patches, be sure to moisturize before applying! Stays on most of the day but since my skin is combination, I have to blot my oil spots at least 3-4 times. Overall, it covers pretty good and keeps your skin feeling soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Pipadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation thinking it was the Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer....then looking more closely at the label i realized it was really a foundation. anyways...I have combo skin and i guess this was okay for that. It does transfer and looks very cakey. I applied it with my fingers and that looked the best (still a bit cakey tho) and then used a stippling brush which didn't help. After it has set a little it still feels kinda wet and sticky..so i tried a setting powder...and it just made it even more cakey. They have a good range of shades and it blends well but the smell is awful. It smells like paint.....and cakey just isn't for me...
I guess this would be good to use in certain areas almost like a concealer but all over the face it isnt good. I like the packaging and it makes it easy to control the amount of product that comes out so overall i give this a 3. The smell, cakeyness, and the finish really wasn't a sell for me..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally like CG products, and my skin was dry, and I thought this would be perfect. Well, I thought wrong. I applied this stuff with my fingers. It was super-drying and accentuated every single dry patch I had on my face. It offered very little coverage and was a bit streaky. I used this maybe twice and gave up, because I just couldn't make this work. It was cheap, but I still returned it and got my money back! No...just no. The Aquasmooth Hydrating Compact Makeup with spf 15 is much better! Try that instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I have oily acne prone skin. I bought this product because I wanted something in the winter that would give my skin a bit more moisture. Instead I got a whole lot more oil. I had to reapply this a few times per day to get the coverage I wanted. Also, none of the shades matched my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked this up in 750 Creamy Beige, and the color is a spot-on match for my very neutral skin. The coverage is light, just evening out the tone. The finish is semi-matte for me and looks very natural. I don't have trouble with the color shifting or the foundation slipping throughout the day. I can't say how hydrating this really is, but my skin still feels soft and fresh at the end of the day.

I like the plastic bottle and spout. I don't have to worry about the bottle breaking during travel, and I'm not introducing anything into my makeup by putting the brush into it. The pressure changes of flying (or maybe my packing) did cause some extra makeup to spurt out of the spout after the trip, but it wasn't enough to flood out of the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Ktina88

Pros: well its a foundation and gives you some coverage and it doesn't really come off. colors are okay too, as is he price
Cons: oily. very very oily. I felt like I was wearing an oil mask that could slip off at any moment
When I bought this foundation it was a spur of the moment thing. I'm partial to tinted moisturizers and was actually looking for the CG smoothers tinted moisturized and could not find it. Then here comes my fiance rushing me to all hell so we could get out of the store so I just haphazardly grabbed this in my color and went thinking it might be okay. The first time I wore it I wasn't too fond of it and I thought maybe it was just because I hadn't worn any foundation in a loooong time and decided to give it another chance. A couple weeks later I was furious with this being the only choice for coverage I had in my bathroom and having to constantly have this horribly oily feeling all over my face. I don't even have oily skin. Finally I just said eff it and bought something else. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by 2010

This is one of the first foundations I ever used, when I started wearing it. I have really red skin, and wanted something to cover it that wouldn't break me out more... I have really pale skin, that is not pink or orange or red.. this foundation is definitely more on the pinky-orange side...
It's really cakey. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone! Also, it fades really quickly!