October 20, 2014 | 1398 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

Bourjois mascaras are awesome. I use the newest mascara, Maxi Frange, and I love it! I have tried so many high end and low end mascaras, but this one has become my HG. Has a comb on one end and a brush on the other. The end with the comb has a conditioner that conditions the lashes and lengthens them. The other end has the color. The result is long and full lashes. Will definitely keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Wintertear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It makes my lashes so long, doesn't smudge, and doesnt clump at all! The only thing I would change is make it more thickening. It does take longer because of the extra step but it is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only mascara I've tried, in 30 years of wearing mascara, that I like as well as Definicils. What alip said about it gives length and keeps a natural look. Perfect for work, or if your only makeup for the day is mascara. I do agree the black side could be a bit wetter. But it's not a big deal. Overall, I think this mascara/primer combination gives believable extra long lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by peachypinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara forever. I really liked for a while. It does everything it says it is supposed to do. It definitley lengthens and thickens but I personally don't think it thickens enough. The person below me is correct..you don't have to wait for the primer to dry. That's a waste of time. It's unecessary. What I do, that might help people, is I apply one coat of primer - don't over-do it, then immediately apply one coat of the mascara (I have black). I then follow with an eyelash curler since the mascara doesn't curl the lashes too much, not sure if it's supposed to, then I apply one more coat of mascara. 3 coats total. For me, this is not a lot because this mascara doesn't clump, so it looks natural the way that I do it. Also, the way I brush my lashes with the mascara wand is like I'm brushing my teeth almost..(brush left to right, almost vigorously but becareful not to poke your eye. Best if you have a steady hand. It sounds weird I know but I find it's the best way to get mascara on and it's faster than having to blink. That's how I've always done it, plus you always get more mascara on to your lashes and it helps seperate them. I have had this one for too long and decided I needed more volume than that so I tried Bad Gal lash (Sister owns it) and I don't think that even gave enough volume. So I heard about how Dior is the "best" mascara for everything and read reviews and all the reviews for the kind I wanted were great. Fortunately I won a Dior MAXIMEYES on ebay just a few minutes ago for only 13 bucks! (Saved 10!) Hoping that will give me what I want. I'll soon be reviewing that mascara as soon as it arrives. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetbreegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara rocks! I don't get the negative reviews? The primer doesn't really need to "dry"... you just put it on and follow with the mascara. One layer of the primer is enough, and using just enough mascara to cover the primer up.. my lashes look divine. Very feminine and long, no clumping, sticking, or mess... I will use this as my staple, day or night... I use it alone during the day with some lip gloss and I'm ready to go!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2006 7:07:00 AM More reviews by demijarvis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the mascara of my early teenage years; recommended to me by my best friend (then a nubile beauty with peepers the size of saucers, hardly in need of this most marvellous mascara; now a semi-professional model) and a staple in my make up bag (a Snoopy pencil case) for nearly three years. After a year or so of shall we say 'unwise' mascara choices, I found my first love in this.
Now, looking back on it I can see it is not flawless-it's not a 'day' mascara, or for anyone in a hurry-the application of the white underbase alone takes up a surprising amount of time, allowing for it to dry (and to wash off any accidental blobbages of the skin) And also (this may just be me) I had an odd fear of something that looked like Tippex, felt like Tippex and smelt like Tippex on my precious eyelashes. The packaging is rather clumsy, the length and weight of the double-ended tube rather brings to mind a Samurai throwing weapon. However, it does exactly what it says on the package-long, full lashes in a variety of shades.

However, whatever my 14 year old self might suggest, my recommendation for today would be fork out the extra cash and get the Yves St Laurent False Eyelashes one (can't remember the fancy French name, it's the one in the fat gold tube). Does a better job than the Bourjois, and no fiddly undercoat.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by labellavita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Good- Lengthens, doesn't clump or flake, holds curl. Bad- I need way more volume than this! I need to stop buying Bourjois mascaras. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by AnnnetteM

This mascara comes in a dual sided tube. One side is for the white primer and the other side the mascara. I did not see this mascara as any better than any drugstore brand. I ended up using the primer side for quite sometime with my other tubes of mascara. The primer does the job of any mascara primer, but the mascara tended to make my eyelashes clump and did NOT give me the "false eyelash" look. For the price there are better mascaras to choose from. I would not purchase this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by pmlively

The good: Double-end wand, one for priming, and another for coloring. No clumping. Lasted well for 8 hours with little flaking. The bad: Nothing dramatic about "coup de theatre mascara".

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2005 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ElaineMMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the white lengthening stuff but not the mascara itself. I've tried other lash-lengthening mascaras, and I've found Bourjois to be the best as far as the white stuff goes. Thus, I've been buying it cheap on eBay, using the white part and then coating that with DiorShow mascara, which I like an awful lot when combined with this because the two together give length and volume. Cost effective? Not really, but I do like the results.