Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product for taking off face makeup. When it comes to eye makeup though it is not very good at taking it off.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I normally love everything Rimmel, but this stuff is awful! I couldn't get out to Target this week to get my normal $3 Up&Up (generic brand) makeup remover, so I went with the Rimmel I could get at Rite Aid and this is the worst makeup remover I've ever tried. I've never had a makeup remover irritate my eyes and I was shocked at how badly this burned. I wear contact lenses and I couldn't even wear them the following morning because my eyes were still stinging and red. I couldn't believe it. And to make matters worse, it couldn't even remove my Black Drama Falsies mascara (it was a little better with my L'Oreal Voluminous). As much as I love Rimmel and will continue to buy their other products, I will never ever buy this again :(

on 2/9/2011 10:23:00 PM

I love this stuff. I can't comment on how it removes waterproof mascara, as I have none, but it works like a charm on my toughest mascara.
I use a cotton ball and press it and hold for a few seconds, and then wipe it off. It takes a few wipes for heavier mascara.

Packaging is ok, nothing fancy. Doesn't smell like anything and it's oil free.
I would definitely repurchase

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

this makeup remover doesn't sting and takes of all my eye makeup even my waterproof mascara

on 1/14/2011 11:13:00 PM

Good product at a great price. Even better than a comparable Clinique EMR, which was much more expensive and made my eyes burn. This did not burn or irritate my eyes and removed waterproof mascara and eyeliner well. Just make sure you moisturize well afterwards. Will definitely buy again. UPDATE 3.22.11--this product removes emu well except for those really stubborn eyeliners & mascaras. For that I use Clinique "take the day off BALM" (not the liquid--it burns!) but the balm is the best & it's gentle.

on 1/2/2011 3:04:00 AM

I have been using this for years, but after using a friend's $4 make-up remover (forgot the name), I realize now what crap this is.
It does sting the eye a bit, if you put it right in there. It's hard not to when doing the lower lashes.
It takes forever to get off all of my mascara and it's not even waterproof, and there is always some left over, so when I wash my face I get racoon eyes and have to use this AGAIN to get the rest off.
I also feel like I have to use a lot to get anywhere.

on 12/28/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this for years. Does not sting or irritate my eyes at all. It also doesnt make the surrounding area break out. Tip: you only need a little!

on 12/25/2010 2:13:00 PM

I have been using this eye make up remover for years. I'm surprised to read some of the reviewers write that it stings because I don't experience any stinging at all.

It's a clear liquid that is gentle on my eyes and has no scent. It's almost like water. It comes in a large bottle (4.2 fl oz). The price is reasonable though I'm usually able to snag a couple during drugstore sales. I like the dispenser - it's a small hole so you don't have to worry about oversoaking your cotton balls.

It has no oil and that's why it won't be as effective in removing waterproof makeup/eyeliner/mascara. As a result, I don't use it as my main eye make up remover - I use an oli-based make up remover. However, I use the Rimmel version for cleaning up leftover smudges. I also use it to clean up fall-out and smudges after I apply eyeliner and smokey eyeshadow on my eyes.

on 12/16/2010 9:33:00 PM

Ugh, this is the worst eye makeup remover ever. It stings everytime I use it. I almost forgot that I still have half the bottle in my dresser. Gonna throw it after this warning -er, review. It is a complete waste of money on my part. Obviously will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this simply 'cause I needed a new bottle of eye makeup remover & this was on sale...I really like that you can squirt it on a cotton round, instead of some bottles where you kind have to stick a cotton ball to the opening & saturate it. This didn't irritate my eyes at all & removed even waterproof mascara with ease. It didn't have a weird smell or leave my eyes feeling greasy, plus it came with a free mascara! This is one of the cheapest eye makeup removers at my Walmart & seems to last me longer than most other brands with the same size bottle. I've noticed that they almost always come with a free mascara - such a good deal for less than $3! The only downside is that it doesn't feel as "smooth" as other eye makeup removers, but it doesn't leave you with that oily feeling either.