MAC 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is just as you would expect. AMAZING!! MAC never lets you down, especially with it's brushes. It is very precise. so many angle brushes just aren't thin enough or compact enough and the lines they create are not thin or fine enough. But this one is ace. a must have for anyones brush kit :)

My main use for this brush is filling in my eyebrows and it does a good job. I sometimes also use it to apply highlighter under my brows and line shadow under my lower lash line. However, I'm not sure if this brush would be good to use with gel liners as it seems a bit too thick and scratchy for that. I haven't tried it for this as I don't use gel liners but for people who are looking for a gel liner brush I'm not entirely sure that this would be the right one. It is great for filling in eyebrows though, I use it every day.

I haven't read any reviews here that have mentioned the problem - the brush hurts when applying gel liner. The bristles are not soft enough for it to sweep softly over the sensitive eyelid area compared to other eyeliner brushes such as the 109. This is why I am rating it 3/5. It isn't bad, but I'd prefer my eyeliner brush to be soft enough to not worry about the angle I am sweeping the brush on the lid. I wish it was narrower. I think in general I don't believe that angled brushes work the best with gel eyeliners. I am honestly a little disappointed. Will not repurchase - wish I could refund.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have 2 of these brushes and have had them for several years. They have really withstood the test of time. They keep shape & havent lost a single bristle that I've noticed. Definately worth the $20 a pop pricetag. I initially used them for powder & gel eyeliners but now recently use them for more precise eyebrow shading. I prefer an even smaller tipped brush for eyeliner now because, altho this brush is wonderful, I feel it is still a bit big to make a very thin, precise line with the gel liners. A "yes" to buying again because I have but I probably wont get any others because the 2 I have refuse to wear out. (Which is great! lol)

This is my favorite brush to use with MAC's fluidlines. The angle allows you to make either very precise lines or wider and bolder lines. As long as you clean it off each time after using it, it maintains its great quality.

I love using this brush for filling in my eyebrows and lining my eyes! It does its job well and it's really easy to use it with cream eyeliner (I use MAC Fluidline). I could never do a nice line with liquid eyeliners so I'm really happy that now I can line my eyes easily with this brush! But it would be better if it was a bit thinner because it can get difficult to make really thin lines. That's why I rate it 4.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love angle brushes and find them much easier to work with than traditional liner brushes. They can be multi-purposed to apply cream or gel liners, to use powder to set any liquid, cream or gel liner and to apply brow colour. This one is such great quality and the tip is narrow enough for detail work but still picks up enough product. It can be used to taper liner outwards mistake-free and can also layer colour to create and even and intense line. I think this would be a great tool for someone who is new to pot liners as it is easier to get the hang of than the super thin eyeliner brushes. Also I have found that even high-quality liner brushes tend to splay outwards with repeated use and cleaning causing roque brush hairs to track liner outside the intended line area. This doesn't happen with angle brushes. Overall I think it's a must-have tool for any brush collection!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If you are looking for a bent eyeliner/eyebrow brush, I would recommend the Ecotools brush instead of this one. It is better at a much lower price.

This brush to me is alright. I initially bought it as a eyeliner brush to line with shadow and for me, it didnt work very well so I stopped using it but I was upset because I spent good money on it and I wanted to use it for something, so I started filling in my eyebrows with soba shadow with it and it works great for that! I wouldnt repurchase this again only for teh fact that I dont need it in the first place. This is a good product though, and I would reccomend as an eyebrow liner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't think of anything negative to say about this brush. It's small and dense, therefore ideal for detail work, plus it's angled, which makes it easier to reach those eye areas that need to be precisely lined. Works great with powder eyeshadows for defining with thin, sharp lines, and also works amazingly as a brow shader brush - the size of it is just right for long straight lines at the end of the brow, and the angled bristles are just so convenient for short strokes in the beginning of the brow. Still ought to try it out with gel liner on the waterline. One of my most prized possessions, makeup-wise. Would repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes