February 1, 2015 | 1908 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mbradleyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm the type of girl who buys a different type of mascara every time I run out. But since trying this product, I would never buy any other! For me this is the perfect mascara. I wasn't expecting a lot from this as it was cheaper than the others, but price is really nothing to go by from this!! I have really short lashes naturally, but this mascara makes them just the right length. It is perfect for day and night time use, as by applying one coat creates a nice natural look. By adding another cost creates much more volume without clumping. The only problem with this if I had to pick one is that when applied, it drys quite quickly (which some may seem as a good thing) if you are wanting to apply more coats, you have to do it straight away. But other than that it's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by CemmaW

Great Lash is not bad by drugstore standard.
PROS:
It doesn't clump. Well, I have the habit of wipe the excess off on a tissue before applying it. And it does clump a teeny tiny bit but I can always brush those out while applying it. The wand is a weird one but it does work.
Natural look. I've always prefer natural looking lashes. This mascara gives definition to my ignorable lashes without being bold. It just looks like I've got beautiful lashes.
Doesn't feel heavy on the eyes. It feels like nothing after I apply it. Some mascara can get so heavy that makes me kinda sleepy or simply add pressure on my lashes. But not this one.
Easy to remove. I just use a cotton pad, pour some eye makeup remover(Biore has good remover as well as Bioderma) on it, then press it on my eye, count to 5, then most comes off.
It's soo cheap! I got it for only HKD49, so that's around USD8. And it was in those buy one get one free package which is fabulous!
Cons:
Not dramatic. I know this is a bit odd as I just put natural looking in the PROS part. Just that from the name Great Lash, I expected something dramatic, but it wasn't.
Smudge easily. I started having a smokey line in the under eye area in less than 1 hour after I applied it. If I wanted to look polish, I either don't use it or I have to keep using Q-tips soaked with remover to remove those lines. Or I'll just smudge some liners on my lower lash line, this way the mascara smudge is way less obvious.
Dries slowly. This mascara takes more than 30 seconds to dry on my lashes it's kinda annoying to wait. If I blink my eyes before it dries, I'll get mascara in my under eye area.

Overall, I think this mascara worth tryout but I would not purchase this again. Simply because I've already got 2 as it's in a buy-one-get-one-free package. And I'm not yet ready to "settle down", I believe there're better mascara out there for me to try out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by JosephineC

Even though it was so cheap, whats the point if it doesn't do very much? Other Maybelline Mascaras are way better, this gives no volume and just lightly paints your lashes. Don't bother!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I use this mascara usually when I'm on vacation & run out of my usual mascara, because this is so cheap. It's actually fairly decent quality for the price. I've used high end $20-$30 mascaras before, & they didn't even work as well as this. The black is intense & the brush isn't too bad. For the price, you can't go wrong. This definitely isn't my go to mascara on a usual basis. But, if I'm in a rush & I don't have access to my usual mascara, this is a great alternative. This doesn't give amazing lengthening or volumizing results by any means, this gives more of a natural look. I already have long eyelashes, so this doesn't make my lashes look stumpy or anything. Still looks pretty though. This does have a tendency to flake. I find all Maybelline mascaras to flake, so it's not surprising that this one did as well. Overall, good mascara for a fast, easy look. I probably won't buy this again, (or at least any time in the near future), but when I was asked if I would buy this again in the rating, I said yes. I said yes because this isn't terrible & I possibly would buy it again, but I probably won't. (If that makes sense).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bubii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The whole "GREAT LASH" Mascara line from Maybelline seems to be the mascaras that I seem to keep coming back to. I guess i love it for many reasons being that it is inexpensive, its great and its versatile. I just purchased blackest black and I love it. Its intense black suits me well. I naturally have really black hair and dark brows and lashes, so this compliments my already black lashes pretty well. Its easy to apply, because I find the silicone brushes are great but make putting mascara on hard for me. I would repurchase again and again and again...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, this isn't the best mascara on the market, but it's not the worst. It was one of the first I've used and my mother swears by this, so I gave it a try. According to my mom, it was very popular back in the day, but with all these great mascaras out now, I'd suggest skipping this one. It's decent for what it's worth and I don't want to bomb it totally. All it does is make your lashes look black, with no lengthening, volume, or curl benefits.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I used to use this when I first was wearing makeup because it was cheap and I fell for the "Favorite mascara of makeup artists gimic" but it went horribly wrong. I really like the cute green and pink packaging, that is about the only positive thing I can say about this product, and that the waterproof version will stay on through pool and band camp. It is really sticky, it makes me look like I have 5 giant eyelashes from all the clumping, it does not give any volume, it runs, it does not lengthen, it bascially is like putting liquid eyeliner on your eyelashes. Spend a few more dollars and get a good drugstore mascara such as Lashblast, Full n Soft, Falsies, Colossal, Illegal Length...even the dollar ones from ELF and NYC are better. Stay away from this mascara. It stinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great lash is hands down one of the best mascara i really love the blackest black because is really black unlike others who really show up gray.i have tried 30 dollars mascara and i always come back to greatlash a true classic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this blue-black mascara it matches my blue-black hair. i use several layers of mascara without letting the coats dry. my lashes look amazing afterward!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best mascaras i have ever used. I have used this almost everyday for years and still love it. I think the pink and green packaging is really cute and the rectangular design is nice because it wont roll off the table. Right now I have the never version in blackest black that says lots of lashes with a heart. The applicator is pink and plastic at one end. I prefer this type over the brush like applicators because i feel they clump less. It is very skinny which makes it really nice fort inner corners and bottom lashes. It gradually gets wider to the other end,this really helps extend the outer lashes. This formula lasts for days if I don't wash it off. I really doubt ill find another mascara I like a smuch as this one