April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this when it first came out and hated it. I love the original great lash, and found this version to be clumpy and dry.
Fast forward a couple years and when my mom asked for suggestions for my X-mas stocking (I'm 26 and I still get a stocking. My parents are awesome) I said I could always use another tube of Great Lash. Lo and behold, she got this one. I decided to give it another shot, and I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but I LOVE it.
It goes on very, very black (even darker than Clinique High Impact), has a bit of glossiness, and lengthens like nothing else. Holds curl decently, no clumps, flakes or smudging. This formula lasts all day and night and gives me great volume, length and color. This is my new favorite mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall: 1
Price: 2
Pkg Quality: 1
Repurchase: NAY!

Oh my gosh, where to start?! HATE this mascara! Seriously, the only positive attribute is that it's usually the cheapest mascara available at the d/s...and you get what you pay for! YUCKY! Clump city, burns, flakes and dries out so fast! I don't understand why fashion magazine after fashion magazine claims this as the top pick of the year, and the Makeup Artist favorite for every photoshoot. EW EW EW. Will never buy EVER EVER EVER again, would never recommend it either. Save your money for something worthwhile. Hope this helped :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I have tried so many mascaras and I like this one. I didn't have the same problems as some of those on this site. It didn't flake or smudge and it darkened my lashes very nicely. I already have full and long lashes so I am not looking for a miracle mascara. This does the job and I will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Don't know how it became the number one mascara I have seen in magazines. It does nothing for my lashes, just clumps them together into five thick ones. It smudges like crazy, more than regular mascara for monolids. A big no no.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by aamna786

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

absolutely hated this mascara!!! with the amount of advertising done for this product i couldnt help but buy it .. i must say it is the worst so far. does not do anbything for my eyelashes. and for that reason shouldnt even be worth the amount i paid for it. my eyelashes had not volume no lenghth. mascara was completely and utterly useless. thank god i have found borjouis volume clubbing mascara the best mascara i have ever purchased and 1000% better than maybelline

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by misstaylarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I've been using it for years, and its better than MAC's zoom lash for me! I'm fine using the brush that comes with it, but if you want a dramatic look, use a softer brush with more bristles to separate and lengthen lashes. That being said, I almost aways use the brush that comes with it, and i really do think its brilliant! Its a wonderful true black shade and goes on smoothly every time. Plus, its so cheap I can afford to have a back up for when mine runs out!

Brilliant Product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this mascara has been on the market for years (possibly decades) but I hate this mascara. It's terrible. It's clumpy and I don't see why this is one of their most popular mascaras. I don't get it but it's awful and I will never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I like this product and it's become my regular mascara. It gets the job done and it doesn't break the bank either.

Doesn't clump too easily. Bit of a nightmare to take off at the end of the day though.

However, like I said, it does a good job at volumising my lashes. Lengthening and curling...not so much. So I definately recommend using an eyelash curler beforehand. Cute packaging too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Underrated.

here is what I like about this:

1) the color is really black, which is good for
2) tightlining. this is the only mascara brush I have tried that does SUCH a great job tight lining that I love owning it.

Try another more separating mascara after a small coat. Its a great product for that reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There are both pros and cons to this mascara, however, I have to say that the cons outweigh the pros. The only things I liked about this mascara were that the brush allowed me to coat all of my lashes and that the color was very, very black. Unfortunately, if multiple coats are applied in attempt to darken and add volume to the lashes, this mascara clumps them very badly. Also, it does not hold a curl. I will highly recommend Maybelline's Great Lash Waterproof formula in Very Black as an alternative because it had all of this one's pros as well as no clumping and held a curl all day long. That one is truly fantastic and gives you the perfect amount of volume and length. In the case of the Great Lash Blackest Black, I'd have to give it a thumbs down! I would not buy this product again.