November 27, 2014 | 1486 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by JosephineC

Even though it was so cheap, whats the point if it doesn't do very much? Other Maybelline Mascaras are way better, this gives no volume and just lightly paints your lashes. Don't bother!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I use this mascara usually when I'm on vacation & run out of my usual mascara, because this is so cheap. It's actually fairly decent quality for the price. I've used high end $20-$30 mascaras before, & they didn't even work as well as this. The black is intense & the brush isn't too bad. For the price, you can't go wrong. This definitely isn't my go to mascara on a usual basis. But, if I'm in a rush & I don't have access to my usual mascara, this is a great alternative. This doesn't give amazing lengthening or volumizing results by any means, this gives more of a natural look. I already have long eyelashes, so this doesn't make my lashes look stumpy or anything. Still looks pretty though. This does have a tendency to flake. I find all Maybelline mascaras to flake, so it's not surprising that this one did as well. Overall, good mascara for a fast, easy look. I probably won't buy this again, (or at least any time in the near future), but when I was asked if I would buy this again in the rating, I said yes. I said yes because this isn't terrible & I possibly would buy it again, but I probably won't. (If that makes sense).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bubii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The whole "GREAT LASH" Mascara line from Maybelline seems to be the mascaras that I seem to keep coming back to. I guess i love it for many reasons being that it is inexpensive, its great and its versatile. I just purchased blackest black and I love it. Its intense black suits me well. I naturally have really black hair and dark brows and lashes, so this compliments my already black lashes pretty well. Its easy to apply, because I find the silicone brushes are great but make putting mascara on hard for me. I would repurchase again and again and again...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, this isn't the best mascara on the market, but it's not the worst. It was one of the first I've used and my mother swears by this, so I gave it a try. According to my mom, it was very popular back in the day, but with all these great mascaras out now, I'd suggest skipping this one. It's decent for what it's worth and I don't want to bomb it totally. All it does is make your lashes look black, with no lengthening, volume, or curl benefits.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I used to use this when I first was wearing makeup because it was cheap and I fell for the "Favorite mascara of makeup artists gimic" but it went horribly wrong. I really like the cute green and pink packaging, that is about the only positive thing I can say about this product, and that the waterproof version will stay on through pool and band camp. It is really sticky, it makes me look like I have 5 giant eyelashes from all the clumping, it does not give any volume, it runs, it does not lengthen, it bascially is like putting liquid eyeliner on your eyelashes. Spend a few more dollars and get a good drugstore mascara such as Lashblast, Full n Soft, Falsies, Colossal, Illegal Length...even the dollar ones from ELF and NYC are better. Stay away from this mascara. It stinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great lash is hands down one of the best mascara i really love the blackest black because is really black unlike others who really show up gray.i have tried 30 dollars mascara and i always come back to greatlash a true classic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this blue-black mascara it matches my blue-black hair. i use several layers of mascara without letting the coats dry. my lashes look amazing afterward!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best mascaras i have ever used. I have used this almost everyday for years and still love it. I think the pink and green packaging is really cute and the rectangular design is nice because it wont roll off the table. Right now I have the never version in blackest black that says lots of lashes with a heart. The applicator is pink and plastic at one end. I prefer this type over the brush like applicators because i feel they clump less. It is very skinny which makes it really nice fort inner corners and bottom lashes. It gradually gets wider to the other end,this really helps extend the outer lashes. This formula lasts for days if I don't wash it off. I really doubt ill find another mascara I like a smuch as this one

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Vampvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara is weird.. When I first pruchased this at age 11 i thought it was the worst mascara in history! it smudged liek crazy and clumped my lashes together. Was very runny and wet. Took forever to dry. Once water hits your lashes,,the mascara will run right off your face. gross. but later on around 16 I bought it again the original and yhr greatlash BIG. The great lash BIG is waay better the brush makes your lashes look hudge and perfect. SO buy that version as for the original it is not worth the hype its cheap crap!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by midnightrose77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It takes me absolutely forever to go through a mascara and I'm almost out, so i thought I'd look up my mascara on this website to see some reviews of it. According to someone below me they have just changed the brush, so this review may change but here are my thoughts.

Pros : It covers your lashes easily and evenly.
You just need one coat to make a fantastic difference.
The applicator (or the old one apparently) applies evenly and is easy to use.
Is an amazing shade of black.

Cons: if can be clumpy if you decide to apply two coats.
Hard for me to apply on bottom lashes evenly (this is cause I have very spread apart bottom lashes so the mascara clumps on it)

I'd like to experiment with other mascaras and hopefully find one more suitable for my needs.