September 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this to help control my shine. It works better than ones not just for shine, but I had no coverage! You could see the things that my other powder hid :( I also had to reapply throughout the day. This did not give me a "cake face" but it was annoying to have to reapply so many times. I gave up on this stuff and switched back to my old stuff. I am still looking for a good shine control powder that covers. I'll go to one of those makeup counters and ask. I hope that they can give me something good.

I would recomend this to someone without very shiny skin and that didn't have too much to cover up.

EDIT: I HATE this! After only an hour, my skin is shiny! I had to switch back to this because I dropped my other compact and I don't have enough money to repurchase the stuff that I sort of like. I'm still looking for my HG, or something remotely close to it, and this certainly is not it. I knocked off 2 lipsticks. It makes me so mad that a company can say that it is "shine free" when it only lasts for an hour.

If it is ever on sale, then I think that you should try it. Some people like it, but I am not one of them. Maybelline has disappointed me here-I think that other products from them are really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ilovejforce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm afraid to say good things about this only because I'm a jinx on myself. LoL. Usually when I end up loving something and saying it out loud, something happens where I end up hating it, so I hope that doesn't happen. he he. Anyway, I love this powder--and this is coming from someone who's NEVER bought powder because I never thought I needed it and thought it would make me look chalky, pasty, and feel gross. But this powder doesn't do any of that. I was pleasantly surprised. I have acne-prone skin and this hasn't broken me out. My skin is very oily as well where I've been blotting up to 4 or 5 times throughout the day, and since using this 3 days ago, I haven't used one blotting paper! The very first day I used it, my boyfriend couldn't stop saying how sexy I looked--granted I don't know if it was the clothes I was wearing cuz he commented on that, but my makeup was lookin real good if I must say so myself. ha ha. I bought this in Soft Cameo, although I think I could have bought it in Natural Beige or even Golden, but foundation usually oxidizes a bit on me as the day passes so I wanted to be safe and buy a color a little lighter than I would usually wear. And even then, it doesn't look chalky, as long as you have a light hand with it. A little goes a long way with this powder. Using this made me realize that all my pictures could have looked a lot better without my oily face shining back at the camera! It set my makeup wonderfully, keeps the oilies away, and just looks real fresh. Definitely will be buying again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I really like this powder, in fact, it's the only drugstore powder I have found that controls oil, doesn't cake up, and just blends right into the skin. It's so hard to find a powder that doesn't alter your foundation color or overly-dry your skin. I use this in "Cameo", and I have light-medium tanned skin, and it doesn't make me look pale, it just absorbs the oil from my VERY oily t-zone, and leaves my skin looking fresh and clean! This works great over the Dream Matte Mousse for oil control throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by PCarrie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im addicted to this powder, this really mattifies any oil on your face, and just makes ur skin very clean and smooth looking. I would have given this a 5. But if you drop this baby!, thats 5 bucks down the drain...the powder breaks into pieces...

Golden is perfect for me

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by hannaxbear

This product is decent and worth the money (which is pretty cheap), as it does its job. I'm a sort of medium to dark Vietnamese (which I feel is different from saying medium to dark Caucasian or Latina because the skin tones look different to me most of the time) and I purchased this in a Medium 2 shade. This powder DOES have color in it, so don't expect it to go on completely clear or translucent, but it's very sheer. It matches my skin tone all year round (I'm darker in the summer than the winter). It temporarily removes shine when applied, but I wouldn't say it keeps it that way. I can get very shiny in the spring and summer (not so much winter). This powder doesn't last very long and doesn't control oil a whole lot--only for the time being. Expect to do a few touch-ups during the day, depending on what kind of skin type you are.

Overall, this product is decent for its price and does the job its intended to do, but doesn't last long or keep shine away. I probably wouldn't repurchase this item because as a person who tends to get shiny, I'd rather invest an extra ten bucks or so to buy a quality product that will last on me and keep shine away.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by starbellieddoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

ugh. this product is TERRIBLE. it definitely made my face oilier than it was and color doesn't match. it's very unnatural looking, it cakes..it just is a horrible product. would not rebuy ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Its okay. It does remove the oilies from my face. However, its not that translucent as the package says. I wear Studio fix foundation, and when i wear this, I'm left with the color of the Maybelline powder ( i use Golden), which is a light yellowish color. (Of course, the shades dont match my skin tone). So my face looks white. I'd rather have a powder that has no color to blot my face throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. I always notice a huge difference in my face once I put it on. And in my experience it stay on for a pretty long time. BUT it does wear off after a few hours, especially in hot climate. They sell this for $2 at a store around where I I've and I've been stocking up! I do have one bad thing to say about it though. The packaging has given me alot of problems. I constantly have problems of powder coming out of the case and ending up all over my makeup bag. AND, every one of these comes with a powder pad, unfortunately the pads were very badly made and always tear. I use a powder brush with this and it works great. Will continue to purchase!<3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jayesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Prior to this powder, i was alternating between Estee Lauder's Aeromatte and Lancome's Photogenic..but this is MY HG powder. Its practically translucent and does a GREAT job keeping the shine off my face for hours..plus it doesn't break me out ( I'm very acne prone). However, this powder breaks far to easily and half way through, you are most likely going to need a new compact. The total weight is .45 oz but since you'll only be getting about .23oz worth for your money. For a drug store brand, that's pretty steep...but i'd rebuy it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by mountaingem

All-time favorite pressed powder! It comes in an extremely light shade that suits my fair complexion, controls oil and never turns orangey or cakey.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No