Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)

on 4/7/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Leightweight, non-greasy, goes on matte.
It doesn't break me out and provides great sun-protection.
The smell isn't strong.
It usually prices around $10 so it's pretty affordable.
Lasts me a long time too.
I was going to buy it again for this summer but the new Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunblock Liquid came out so I want to try that. Hopefully it works as great (if not better) as this one!

on 4/3/2010 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best sunscreen I have ever used. Well, I just started wearing sunscreen but this is seriously the best. It is not greasy at all and it absorbs quickly into your skin. After it absorbs, it leaves my face very silky and smooth:) It does burn when I rub it onto my eyelids but silly me not reading the warning. To sum this up, this is a good sunscreen. Also the price is not that bad; it was only $7-$10.

One of the best ds sunblocks I have ever used. It does make my eyes water only if I rub it in too close to my eyes but it doesn't bother me that much. I use the 45 spf. It doesn't leave a whitish cast, absorbs quickly and leaves a matte finish. I kept touching my skin because it felt almost satiny and smooth (I think this is from the dimethicone), not oily or greasy at all!! Price wise, it's only about $8-$10 and can last 2-3 months if you use it only on your face.

Update: after a month of using this, my skin burns like crazy. do not like

on 2/22/2010 8:15:00 PM

This is my HG sunblock!! Simply an excellent product. I use this every morning on my face after cleansing. Gives a matte finish, doesn't clog my pores, makes my skin nice and soft and provides a nice base for my mineral powder and/or tinted moisturizer. Doesn't live a white sheen and I've had many pictures taken with a flash and in direct sunlight while wearing this.

Very afforable (around $7 and lasts quite a while, and I use a good amount every morning) - but then I certainly don't expect to pay dirt cheap prices for a sunblock from Neutrogena, or for any high quality sunblock for my face for that matter.

on 1/25/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wear this sunscreen on my face every day because I'm worried about developing wrinkles in the future. I like that it's completely non-greasy and doesn't make me break out - all it does is make my skin feel soft. This is the only "non-greasy" sunscreen I've ever tried that lived up to the name. If you want something you can slather all over for the beach, you might want to pick up something cheaper, but if you want something specifically for your face I can't recommend this product enough.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is rather expensive (about $7) but it works well and is pretty sheer (doesn't make you all shiny). When you use it, you have to apply a lot or else you won't get covered enough; however, if you use liberally, it runs out quickly, and that's not offset by the high price. It doesn't have a strong smell, but it smells nice and is waterproof (I'm a swimmer). I would use it just for your face because it's so expensive and find a cheaper one you can use to cover the rest of your body.

on 12/17/2009 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I look to neutrogena for sunscreens because their ingredients in their sunscreens are often stable so you get the claimed protection(assuming youve put on enough sunscreen). I have used this on both my face and body. While it gave a nice matte finish on my face,it did sting the skin on my face.Im not sure why. On my body,it did a splendid job of protecting.I recently went to Bali for a holiday(its INCREDIBLY HOT there) and I slathered this sunscreen on and I did not get a tan at all. Not even a little which makes me feel great because I dont want to get cancer etc..This sunscreen doesnt leave that much of a whitish cast,very slight but is incredible because its matte and dries super fast.I LOVE this for my body but not for my face.

on 11/30/2009 1:43:00 AM

Rubs off easily on your clothes and stains them! Least it's good at protecting though.

on 10/29/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's okay I guess, I don't know about the technicalities about the product, like if you're allowed to wear it while swimming (I ALWAYS did. All this past year and the previous one. Swimming on the private beaches of Saudi Arabia..that's INTENSE heat and sunshine.).
But anyway. It would ALWAYS go into my eyes when I hit the water and make them sting real bad. I'd put it on my cheeks, but somehow it'd go into my eyes. Every single time. Oh and it also stings the rest of my face a bit..not as BAD as the EYES, but still I can feel the sting..esp on my lips.

So I have bad memories of it, but I still buy it and use it (cuz I'm stupid?--maybe)..out of habit.
Oh, and I always get a tan when I use it, don't know if that's good or bad, maybe sunscreens can't block out the tanning type rays...but I'm okay with it..unless it's dangerous? I dunno.
Sunscreens are such a headache, I don't really wanna think about them too much..cuz u always get updates like OH! This ingredient is cancer-causing! Oh! That ingredient is better than this! Whatever. I'm sticking with this one cuz a fair amount of people seem to be okay with it. Blah.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this to replace the discontinued Active Breathable Sunblock (also SPF 45), thinking 'How much can they change the formula?'. Ahh, the answer is a lot. The consistency wasn't bad, but it definitely defined any dry spots on my face and pilled really badly. There is nothing like thinking you look so hot in the south of Spain only to find your face is peeling off bits of sunscreen. Ick! Also, I do not have sensitive skin or any allergies but this sunscreen made my eyes water. I would apply it in the morning and a couple hours later, my eyes would start watering for no reason. I don't know if the cream started to run into my eyes because it was so hot or if the chemicals in the sunscreen were having an effect on me. Either way, I will never repurchase. Neutrogena, you let me down!