October 2, 2014 | 2004 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sassypants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG sunblock!! Simply an excellent product. I use this every morning on my face after cleansing. Gives a matte finish, doesn't clog my pores, makes my skin nice and soft and provides a nice base for my mineral powder and/or tinted moisturizer. Doesn't live a white sheen and I've had many pictures taken with a flash and in direct sunlight while wearing this.

Very afforable (around $7 and lasts quite a while, and I use a good amount every morning) - but then I certainly don't expect to pay dirt cheap prices for a sunblock from Neutrogena, or for any high quality sunblock for my face for that matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lcsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear this sunscreen on my face every day because I'm worried about developing wrinkles in the future. I like that it's completely non-greasy and doesn't make me break out - all it does is make my skin feel soft. This is the only "non-greasy" sunscreen I've ever tried that lived up to the name. If you want something you can slather all over for the beach, you might want to pick up something cheaper, but if you want something specifically for your face I can't recommend this product enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bitternessinmymouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is rather expensive (about $7) but it works well and is pretty sheer (doesn't make you all shiny). When you use it, you have to apply a lot or else you won't get covered enough; however, if you use liberally, it runs out quickly, and that's not offset by the high price. It doesn't have a strong smell, but it smells nice and is waterproof (I'm a swimmer). I would use it just for your face because it's so expensive and find a cheaper one you can use to cover the rest of your body.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I look to neutrogena for sunscreens because their ingredients in their sunscreens are often stable so you get the claimed protection(assuming youve put on enough sunscreen). I have used this on both my face and body. While it gave a nice matte finish on my face,it did sting the skin on my face.Im not sure why. On my body,it did a splendid job of protecting.I recently went to Bali for a holiday(its INCREDIBLY HOT there) and I slathered this sunscreen on and I did not get a tan at all. Not even a little which makes me feel great because I dont want to get cancer etc..This sunscreen doesnt leave that much of a whitish cast,very slight but is incredible because its matte and dries super fast.I LOVE this for my body but not for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Rubs off easily on your clothes and stains them! Least it's good at protecting though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's okay I guess, I don't know about the technicalities about the product, like if you're allowed to wear it while swimming (I ALWAYS did. All this past year and the previous one. Swimming on the private beaches of Saudi Arabia..that's INTENSE heat and sunshine.).
But anyway. It would ALWAYS go into my eyes when I hit the water and make them sting real bad. I'd put it on my cheeks, but somehow it'd go into my eyes. Every single time. Oh and it also stings the rest of my face a bit..not as BAD as the EYES, but still I can feel the sting..esp on my lips.

So I have bad memories of it, but I still buy it and use it (cuz I'm stupid?--maybe)..out of habit.
Oh, and I always get a tan when I use it, don't know if that's good or bad, maybe sunscreens can't block out the tanning type rays...but I'm okay with it..unless it's dangerous? I dunno.
Sunscreens are such a headache, I don't really wanna think about them too much..cuz u always get updates like OH! This ingredient is cancer-causing! Oh! That ingredient is better than this! Whatever. I'm sticking with this one cuz a fair amount of people seem to be okay with it. Blah.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this to replace the discontinued Active Breathable Sunblock (also SPF 45), thinking 'How much can they change the formula?'. Ahh, the answer is a lot. The consistency wasn't bad, but it definitely defined any dry spots on my face and pilled really badly. There is nothing like thinking you look so hot in the south of Spain only to find your face is peeling off bits of sunscreen. Ick! Also, I do not have sensitive skin or any allergies but this sunscreen made my eyes water. I would apply it in the morning and a couple hours later, my eyes would start watering for no reason. I don't know if the cream started to run into my eyes because it was so hot or if the chemicals in the sunscreen were having an effect on me. Either way, I will never repurchase. Neutrogena, you let me down!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by likechai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff sucks. Even after letting it dry for 10 minutes (and it never really felt dry...just sticky and weird) it managed to leave white marks all over my clothes. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. Please don't waste your money.

EDIT: Well, this exploded in my car and made the plastic interior bubble up. I officially hate this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this in SPF 30 for years (in nasty Florida humidity) and it worked great. The 45, however, leaves me shiny even in dryer climates. Switched to Eucerin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own a lot of expensive (ie: Shiseido & Clinique) and none seems to work well as this one! I LOVE THIS! It doesn't feel heavy and feels as if I have nothing at all. I have very oily skin and I usually apply this underneath my foundation and it doesn't seem to alter anything.

My favorite sunblock, period!