The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

on 12/16/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The mango body butter is one of my favorite body butters from The Body Shop. Unlike some kinds of butter, the mango body butter sinks into the skin a bit faster (it doesn't sink in super fast, this is a body butter after all) than the average butter. At first I didn't think this would perform as well as my beloved cocoa body butter, but I'm happy to report that this works just as well at moisturizing and sinks into the skin faster than the cocoa body butter. My scaly legs just drink this stuff right in and this leaves my skin feeling smooth and nicely scented. I always wait for some kind of sale before picking up a butter so I think the price is not too bad.

on 11/13/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. I've been using it for over a year. I pick it up last year because the skin around my knuckles got really rough and dark. Also one of my knuckles was starting to crack and bleed because it was so dry. The lotion that I was using at the time, (lubiderm) was not helping, so I decided to try this. Within 2 to 3 wks of use, my knuckles were back to normal.
It is now a part of my fall/winter body regime. I use it after I shower and it keeps my body moisturized and soft all day. Its a little too thick/heavy to use as an all over body moisturizer during the summer. But I do use it on my hands and feet year round. And my cuticles have never looked better. It keeps body really soft without out being greasy.

on 11/9/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have extremely dry skin like myself this is the lotion for you! This is the first time in years I don't have dry itchy white patchy cracking skin! My elbows are finally smooth, my legs soft and subtle! My skin has a nice sheen to it! I think the best time to use it is right out of the shower. It will be a little greasy for a bit but once it soaks it your skin will feel awesome!

on 9/22/2011 3:20:00 PM

Great smelling product, but would not buy again because it is too greasy for my liking.

I went skiing with this product, so the cold, wet, and wind on my skin left it in a really unhealthy, dry condition.I used the mango body butter twice daily for around a week afterwards and my skin felt soft and moisturised, without looking or feeling greasy. Do be aware that this product can look greasy if too much is applied. Whilst I was on holiday the following year, I also tried 'The Body Shop Vitamin E intense moisture cream. This stung my face which really isn't sensitive to anything. The price is usually 12.50 (without a deal) however I got mine in a giftset with 4 other things for just 7.50- which means it was great value for money. There is no expiry date so it won't go off if you use it just for winters and emergerncies (like me). If left in hot conditions as with any butter- it will melt. Overall, I think this product is great and has often been a lifesaver!

on 8/11/2011 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best The Body Shop Body Butter i've tried. It smells heavenly, I love the texture and it is really really moisturising. It's the best for dry skin. The smell is perfect for summer, but great for anytime. The only problem I have with this brand is that it's very expensive.

on 7/22/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I took a long vacation from The Body Shop's products for two reasons: I was not a fan of Anita Roddick, and I prefer the less expensive and more varied products available from etailers. However, since moving back to Arizona, I've developed a severe case of desert skin and can't order from etailers in the summer, because body butters invariably arrive melted and really can't be resuscitated to a usable form. So off to TBS I went. They were having an insane sale (buy two body butters, get three free), so I bought several of the small jars in various scents. The Mango Butter claims to be best for very dry skin, so I tried that one first. Since I used it last, they've refined the formula--it used to be much thicker and greasier, and grainy as well. Now it's very smooth and not as greasy, but it does a great job of moisturizing my alligator skin. (I find the greasiness is not problematic if I apply it right out of the shower and wait a few minutes to dress.) The scent is also refined--not as overwhelmingly tropical, IMHO, but more freshly fruity. Although I will order from my fave etailers again when the weather cools off, I find these body butters a good and cheap substitute during the summer months and will repurchase.

on 6/18/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the body butters from the body shop! Very moisturizing for my dry skin! And the smell is great for summertime!

on 6/15/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have some mixed reviews on this product....so I will make a pro/con list...

PRO:
Smells divine
Gets rid of my alligator skin on my legs
Is ridding my arms of my KP (small white bumps all over my arms)
Nice spill proof container, suitable for tossing into a bag without fear of spilling.

CON:
A bit greasy (though a bit better if you put it on immediately after bathing)
Pricey for quantity unless you wait and stock up when on sale (I do)

Overall, I really like this butter, especially for my legs and arms. For my hands and feet though I tend to use the Mango Whip Body Lotion as it's a bit lighter in feeling but still as emollient. That way I'm not slipping and sliding all over the place!

on 5/29/2011 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The smell itself is a good enough reason to buy this. Add soft texture and moisturizing of even the driest skin... and it's a huge Y E S ! ! !
The only con is that it can leave a greasy film that takes a little while to soak into the skin so it's not a product I'd advise to use if you want to put clothes on right after applying. Still... I love it!!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products