September 1, 2014 | 1074 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Orb

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Orb is a staple in my collection that I use often as a wash underneath my e/s, especially under smokey grays and purples. I don't wear it as a nude because it has a slight pink/peach cast and I prefer a nude e/s with more beige, especially when I'm wearing red lipstick. But this is a great color if you're looking for an everyday pink-toned neutral base shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by bearinaix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was recommended to me by the MA when I was looking for a wash to wear on my lid to wear with Star Violet in the crease. The MA recommended Orb b/c Star Violet has a lot of sparkle, and he said you shouldn't wear a sparkle as a wash if you have sparkle in the crease. Boy, was he right! I was REALLY impressed by this color. Paired with Star Violet in my crease, Orb added a new dimension to my eye. I will be pairing Orb will all my shimmery crease colors from now on. I highly recommend this color!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by lovescent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only MAC shadow that has hit the pan from usage that I own. This is a great color to use as a base. The texture is nice and soft. I already bought a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the weirdest wonderful sleeper shadow in my collection. I never would have looked twice at this on my own. A MAC SA tried it on me when I was in a Nordstrom and had asked for a natural looking yet springy eye. I use this all over as a base color, and even though it is close to my skin color, it makes me eyes pop and gives me a finished look. For more drama (last night I went from the movies to an evening pool party) I highlight the brow and inner corner of eyes and use a little black liner on my waterline. This will definitely travel with me during the summer when I want a simple but polished eye.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Colorwise this is just average.Nothing earth shattering about it. But the texture is horrible! Another Satin finish MAC eye shadow that I ended up hating deeply. Some people said it's pigmented but for me it's just extra 'powdery' if you know what I mean. I have to layer it over and over but it still goes splotchy and uneven.When I use a primer underneath, this particular color makes my lids look too dry and flat. Kudos to the reviewer who said that Orb magnifies the crepiness on eyelids-exactly my problem with it. That being said, it's impossible to wear it alone with black liner. It just doesn't look right. Well then again I'm a perfectionist.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

my new base eyeshadow colour. i have very dark brown eyes, brunette hair and light skin. i had been using naked lunch as a base colour but wondered if, as i get older, the shimmer is too much. so the MAC assistent recommended this. it's not too contrasty against my skin but efinitely makes my eyes look polished and bright. i use the naked lunch as a brow highlight now rather than an allover wash. it's not a wow or look at me -- just a good workhorse basic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Matte light peachy/ivory color that is a bit lighter than my natural lid color. Very highly pigmented. Great for a natural look with Quarry ( a matte plum brown) in the crease. Really makes my eyes stand out! The peach tones in this shadow bring out my eye color (brown with some lighter honey and green tones) very well. This would work well for someone with a light complexion like me, but I could see someone with darker skin not liking this one. Beautiful for a natural eye look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

Best matte pale peach eyeshadow i've used in recent years. Great, if you are pale, as an all over eyeshadow base. Looks absolutely perfect blended with other neutrals, especially browns. Its very sheer so I tend to be a little more heavy handed with this than i am with other shadows. Instantly perks up my whole eye area to make me look much more well rested than i usually am. highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect staple base color. If you don't yet have one, pick one up on your next haul, you'll wonder how you ever got along without this beautiful peachy/pink light color!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Orb is a pale peach in MAC's Satin finish (a non-frost sheen). See my profile for a pic. It looks great with my coloring, so redheads take note. However, it seems to magnify the crepiness on my eyelids. I wear it over another shadow that provides a smoother base to build on. Love the color, hate the extra work. I will not purchase again and probably will steer clear of the other Satin shadows if they're the same way.