January 28, 2015 | 1854 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

"Blackened brown" is the perfect description of this shade. It's very matte and dry, so the texture is chalky and not as easy to blend as other MAC shadows.

It's perfect for a smoky eye, but only if you want a softer alternative to matte black eyeshadows, like MAC's Carbon, which look too harsh on me. Most often, I use it along with a top black eyeliner to give my eyes extra depth using a small-tipped brush. I get compliments on my makeup when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this because they used it on me for my wedding day makeup. I don't think i usually would of picked this up. But after this I pick up matte colors all the time. I love to use this with coppering or another sparkley color to not make it so matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Great, staple, med-dark, cool brown eyeshadow to own. But can anyone really tell the difference between Brun & Mystery? They are both dark-browns, both satins, and both swatch identically on my skin. Both work as a crease color or as eyeliner. Not sure if you need both...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great shade as a brow filler for me. My eyebrow hairs are dark and fine, and my brows are thin, yet naturally arched. I like to fill in my brows to define and enhance its shape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I primarily use Brun to fill in my eyebrows. I naturally have dark brown-black hair and finding the right color to match my eyebrows was a bit of a challenge for me. I didn't want to use a plain black eyeshadow as I felt that it would be too harsh. At the same time, I didn't want to use a brown colored eyeshadow with the fear of making my eyebrows look to fake and drawn on. A MAC make-up artist suggested I use this eyeshadow and I went ahead and gave it a try. At first, I thought it was a little too harsh for my eyebrows so I went to try on different eyebrow products (tried MAC's eyebrow crayons in Lingering, Spiked & Stud, as well as Maybelline's Define-a-Brow in Light & Medium Brown). The problem I was having with Brun at first was that I was using too much of the product than I really need to. Ever since then, I've used it sparingly and I am happy with the outcome.

Brun is a satin eyeshadow with a SLIGHT glimmer on the pan (it's hardly noticeable on the skin). The color I would say is a cooled down, brown black. When I fill in my brows, I use an angled brush (I use an angled brush from Ecotools, I got from Target).

When filling in my eyebrows, here are the steps I do:

- First, I use either MAC's eyebrow crayon in Lingering or Maybelline's Define-a-Brow in Medium Brown to fill in and create a line under my eyebrows.

- I dip my Ecotools angled brush on Brun and first start off at the outer corners of my eyebrows. I work from outer to inner as I like to keep my inner brows as the lightly filled in as possible.

- I slightly brush on Sonia Kashuk's mascara spooley to blend the colors together.

- IF I have any hairs still out of place, I slightly brush on Maybelline's clear mascara and it holds the hair in place.

Overall, I am happy with Brun. Like mentioned above, I primarily will just use this eyeshadow as an eyebrow filler so I believe this will last me for quite a while. And remember, use it sparingly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why did it take me so long to get this? I am a cool eyeshadow lover, ESPECIALLY cool & dark browns...Brun is the definition of a cool, dark brown... it's like a blackened brown. It's matte and amazing and super pigmented.
I love you, Brun <3 I'm so glad you're part of my collection...and my life LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great neutral dark brown with a bit of shimmer. I find this shade to be very versatile. I use it in outer V, as an eye liner and for smoky eye. It wears beautifully and doesn't make me look tired or dirty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love deep dark brown shadows, and this one is a great one! It's great because it's so versatile a shade. I can apply it lighter and mix with other shades to create multiple browns, or create a deep smokey eye effect. Great as a crease shade with almost any other color because it's such a neutral brown (not reddish like some browns) and has no shimmer. Yes, it's dupable, but still a great basic shade to have! Besides, Mac's shadows are long wearing and don't tend to crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I love this product. it matches my asian brows perfectly. I have dark brown/black hair, which makes it hard for me to find the right shade for my brows. dark brown shades are always too dark on me, and brown/taupy shades are just too unnatural on me.
Brun works best with my brows and gives the most natural finish. Love!!!

will be repurchasing when i do run out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stayed away from brown eyeshadows for years because they were either too flat and boring, or were not pigmented enough and didnít show up on me. I have now changed my mind about brown eyeshadows; I use Mulch, Brun and Mystery on a regular basis. Brun and Mystery are both basic matte brown shades. Brun is a bit darker, Mystery is a bit cooler, but both work great on the lid, as a liner, or as a brow filler. I like Brun the best for a brow color. It's a bit lighter than my own brow color; looks natural and subtle while giving me the definition that I want. Great texture and pigmentation, lasts all day. Definite HG material.