April 20, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Great, staple, med-dark, cool brown eyeshadow to own. But can anyone really tell the difference between Brun & Mystery? They are both dark-browns, both satins, and both swatch identically on my skin. Both work as a crease color or as eyeliner. Not sure if you need both...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great shade as a brow filler for me. My eyebrow hairs are dark and fine, and my brows are thin, yet naturally arched. I like to fill in my brows to define and enhance its shape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I primarily use Brun to fill in my eyebrows. I naturally have dark brown-black hair and finding the right color to match my eyebrows was a bit of a challenge for me. I didn't want to use a plain black eyeshadow as I felt that it would be too harsh. At the same time, I didn't want to use a brown colored eyeshadow with the fear of making my eyebrows look to fake and drawn on. A MAC make-up artist suggested I use this eyeshadow and I went ahead and gave it a try. At first, I thought it was a little too harsh for my eyebrows so I went to try on different eyebrow products (tried MAC's eyebrow crayons in Lingering, Spiked & Stud, as well as Maybelline's Define-a-Brow in Light & Medium Brown). The problem I was having with Brun at first was that I was using too much of the product than I really need to. Ever since then, I've used it sparingly and I am happy with the outcome.

Brun is a satin eyeshadow with a SLIGHT glimmer on the pan (it's hardly noticeable on the skin). The color I would say is a cooled down, brown black. When I fill in my brows, I use an angled brush (I use an angled brush from Ecotools, I got from Target).

When filling in my eyebrows, here are the steps I do:

- First, I use either MAC's eyebrow crayon in Lingering or Maybelline's Define-a-Brow in Medium Brown to fill in and create a line under my eyebrows.

- I dip my Ecotools angled brush on Brun and first start off at the outer corners of my eyebrows. I work from outer to inner as I like to keep my inner brows as the lightly filled in as possible.

- I slightly brush on Sonia Kashuk's mascara spooley to blend the colors together.

- IF I have any hairs still out of place, I slightly brush on Maybelline's clear mascara and it holds the hair in place.

Overall, I am happy with Brun. Like mentioned above, I primarily will just use this eyeshadow as an eyebrow filler so I believe this will last me for quite a while. And remember, use it sparingly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why did it take me so long to get this? I am a cool eyeshadow lover, ESPECIALLY cool & dark browns...Brun is the definition of a cool, dark brown... it's like a blackened brown. It's matte and amazing and super pigmented.
I love you, Brun <3 I'm so glad you're part of my collection...and my life LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great neutral dark brown with a bit of shimmer. I find this shade to be very versatile. I use it in outer V, as an eye liner and for smoky eye. It wears beautifully and doesn't make me look tired or dirty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love deep dark brown shadows, and this one is a great one! It's great because it's so versatile a shade. I can apply it lighter and mix with other shades to create multiple browns, or create a deep smokey eye effect. Great as a crease shade with almost any other color because it's such a neutral brown (not reddish like some browns) and has no shimmer. Yes, it's dupable, but still a great basic shade to have! Besides, Mac's shadows are long wearing and don't tend to crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I love this product. it matches my asian brows perfectly. I have dark brown/black hair, which makes it hard for me to find the right shade for my brows. dark brown shades are always too dark on me, and brown/taupy shades are just too unnatural on me.
Brun works best with my brows and gives the most natural finish. Love!!!

will be repurchasing when i do run out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stayed away from brown eyeshadows for years because they were either too flat and boring, or were not pigmented enough and didnít show up on me. I have now changed my mind about brown eyeshadows; I use Mulch, Brun and Mystery on a regular basis. Brun and Mystery are both basic matte brown shades. Brun is a bit darker, Mystery is a bit cooler, but both work great on the lid, as a liner, or as a brow filler. I like Brun the best for a brow color. It's a bit lighter than my own brow color; looks natural and subtle while giving me the definition that I want. Great texture and pigmentation, lasts all day. Definite HG material.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Brun for my brows when my hair is dark & I love it. Right now I'm a red head & even though I used this when my hair was black, my brows still look pretty good considering the hair-colour change. I also like to use this for a 'smokey neutral' look, or as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Gubeca

:) good for liner..as crease color..lid..eyebrows..:D and if u pack a little mythology on top its gooooorgeous!!