April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

This foundation makes me break out...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily acne prone skin and this product looked great on the first 2 hours of application. It doesn't cake, looks dewy and easy to blend. However, after 2-3 hours it begins to almost melt on my skin and it looks blotchy. I had to blot every hour or two to stop my face looking like a grease ball. It transfers easily so if you accidentally touch your face it will transfer into anything. As soon as I apply this I can feel that I have foundation on. And for something that's sheer coverage, it feels really heavy. Never buying this again. I'll happilly stick with my Studio Fix, really don't know why I wanted to try this..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by megs3060

I gave this foundation a fair chance - wore it for about 3 weeks, everyday almost. And in the end I loathed it.
It made my skin look rough and blotchy, and after a few hours wear the colour changed to a fake orange tone - not a good look on my fair NW20 skin. It aggravated my T-Zone and seemed to make my pores produce more oil than they normally do - so strange I know! I also felt like it was clogging my pores and causing/prolonging breakouts.
I don't know why I kept using it, ugh so bad.
It does seem to show up really well in photos for some reason, probably the SPF reflecting with the flash and balancing out all the un-even orange tones.
NEVER AGAIN.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a bottle of this just sitting in my makeup case. I can't bring myself to throw it away due to the price.
I am NC45 in this and this was the first foundation I have tried. No matter how I try to apply it, it makes me look like I am wearing a mask. It oxidizes after a few hours making me look like I am wearing orange makeup. I have drugstore brand foundation that work so much better for half the price of this.
I dunno why MAC can't improve their formula as I know I am not the first person of this color to make this complaint.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by hello88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been wearing this foundation for about two years now and have oily/combination skin with mild acne. I find it great for the first 3hours of wearing, as it gives you natural looking, dewy skin. I would say the coverage is light but works well when combined with a good concealer. One big problem is that it does not last very long, (by the end of an 8 hour working day I look like a greaseball!) Also another big flaw is that it transfers really easily onto everything at the slightest touch which is really annoying! Overall i would say that is product is OK...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by bdgreen74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer and I like it because it covers my very dark circles really really well, so I went to my MAC counter to try the foundation, the girl there convinced me to try MAC Select instead, which I was really on the fence about as soon as she put it on me, but you don't know til you try so I bought it. As soon as I put it on I felt like I was wearing foundation. I could feel it on my skin and when I touched my face I could feel the makeup. I returned it 2 days later. Coverage is ok if you want light to a buildable medium coverage and it wasn't cakey, but you could just tell you had it on and that doesn't work for me. I may or may not try the Pro Longwear now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by blndiee06

This is an okay foundation, not worth the money in my opinion.

It leave my skin oily and creases easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by LaurenR78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first MAC foundation, really my first non-drugstore purchase. I was recommended this by a SA, she matched me to NC50. I had my doubts but it's does what it should. It stays for 6/7 hours and goes on smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It's nothing more than a tinted moisturizer. It turned splotchy on me after 3 hours and no amount of powder could help even me out or hide it.

It also has an unreliable suncreen, horrible plastic smell, and why is the foundation pump sold separately? It should be complimentary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Tommy546

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a must for anyone with dry skin!!

it is good for a meduim/full coverage and works well with powder foundations also.

I seem to find with all MAC foundations that it usually starts to look better after a couple minutes in terms of blending.
I would say it is good with building but too much may start to get a little cakeish... haha

leaves a satin appearance to the skin and lasts for ages!!!

I will more than likely get this again when I run out!!