MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 3/23/2011 2:09:00 AM

The only way I have found this works, is by using it as a tinted moisturiser. I add my oil free moisturiser to it for when I go to the gym/cheerleading, and I get a beautiful dewy/glowy finish with a bit of coverage. Other than that: this is terrible as a foundation alone.

It covers and looks pretty great when first applied. Then... it breaks up. It looks cakey around my nose. I get oily, even is winter with it. It doesn't photo very well. It accentuates dryness where I never had dryness before. The only plus is that it has SPF!

At the moment, I am using Illamasqua light foundation, which is beautiful and has the right colour for me. Though, this turns into the right colour for me once my white oil free moisturiser is added, so that's cool. I also don't have to search for a tinted moisturiser like I was going to. So again, that's good news. But yeah, I would not purchase this again, except to mix with my moisturiser. Big fail as a foundation.

on 3/22/2011 10:52:00 PM

This is a shocker. Settles into lines like no other and oxidises to orange pretty quickly.

on 3/20/2011 7:16:00 PM

This was my first MAC purchse.
Actually, this was the first liquid foundation I have ever tried and I used it almoust a hole year.

Pros:
- NW 20 was/is a perfect match to my skin colour
- It's easy to apply on skin
- It has good coverage (however, the foundation i'm using at the moment - MUFE HD foundation is better on this mater)

Cons:
- when i didin't blend it well, it looked a bit heavy on my skin
- after 3 or 4 hours my t-zone started to look a bit oily (because it's a water based foundation) but i took care of this problem using a good powder
- it made my skin look quite white and shiny in some photos (because of the SPF 15)

Over all, i liked using this foundation but i don't think i will buy it again. However, i believe i'll buy another MAC foundation, just not this one.

on 3/17/2011 7:35:00 PM

This foundation makes me break out...

on 3/10/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have an oily acne prone skin and this product looked great on the first 2 hours of application. It doesn't cake, looks dewy and easy to blend. However, after 2-3 hours it begins to almost melt on my skin and it looks blotchy. I had to blot every hour or two to stop my face looking like a grease ball. It transfers easily so if you accidentally touch your face it will transfer into anything. As soon as I apply this I can feel that I have foundation on. And for something that's sheer coverage, it feels really heavy. Never buying this again. I'll happilly stick with my Studio Fix, really don't know why I wanted to try this..

on 3/10/2011 12:16:00 AM

I gave this foundation a fair chance - wore it for about 3 weeks, everyday almost. And in the end I loathed it.
It made my skin look rough and blotchy, and after a few hours wear the colour changed to a fake orange tone - not a good look on my fair NW20 skin. It aggravated my T-Zone and seemed to make my pores produce more oil than they normally do - so strange I know! I also felt like it was clogging my pores and causing/prolonging breakouts.
I don't know why I kept using it, ugh so bad.
It does seem to show up really well in photos for some reason, probably the SPF reflecting with the flash and balancing out all the un-even orange tones.
NEVER AGAIN.

on 3/6/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a bottle of this just sitting in my makeup case. I can't bring myself to throw it away due to the price.
I am NC45 in this and this was the first foundation I have tried. No matter how I try to apply it, it makes me look like I am wearing a mask. It oxidizes after a few hours making me look like I am wearing orange makeup. I have drugstore brand foundation that work so much better for half the price of this.
I dunno why MAC can't improve their formula as I know I am not the first person of this color to make this complaint.

on 3/6/2011 8:29:00 AM

I have been wearing this foundation for about two years now and have oily/combination skin with mild acne. I find it great for the first 3hours of wearing, as it gives you natural looking, dewy skin. I would say the coverage is light but works well when combined with a good concealer. One big problem is that it does not last very long, (by the end of an 8 hour working day I look like a greaseball!) Also another big flaw is that it transfers really easily onto everything at the slightest touch which is really annoying! Overall i would say that is product is OK...

on 2/27/2011 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer and I like it because it covers my very dark circles really really well, so I went to my MAC counter to try the foundation, the girl there convinced me to try MAC Select instead, which I was really on the fence about as soon as she put it on me, but you don't know til you try so I bought it. As soon as I put it on I felt like I was wearing foundation. I could feel it on my skin and when I touched my face I could feel the makeup. I returned it 2 days later. Coverage is ok if you want light to a buildable medium coverage and it wasn't cakey, but you could just tell you had it on and that doesn't work for me. I may or may not try the Pro Longwear now.

on 2/24/2011 12:11:00 AM

This is an okay foundation, not worth the money in my opinion.

It leave my skin oily and creases easily.