September 17, 2014 | 1986 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by LondonInMyStyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always had quite dark undereyes, they are genetic in my family so nothing I can do about them really apart from trying to cover them with make up. I have to say that concealers are my priority and I have tried almost every single one in the market, MAC, Benefit, YSL... you name it. And this one is just THE BEST. With just a little bit you can work on both eyes, a little goes a loooong way. It's a bit expensive, OK, but the thing is, taking into account how much you need each time and the quantity you get, this could easily last years. And it is the only concealer that covers my undereyes so well, and it doesn't crease like others do. Best product I have bought in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this, but it's a shame about the price. I won't buy this again, or at least not for a long time because I'm assuming the tiny pot is going to last me forever because I only need to use a tiny bit of it to cover imperfections, and I only use this for nights out or important events, etc.

If this concealer was cheaper, I would make it my everyday concealer, but because of the price I'll only use it for special events, etc. But overall, I think it covers really well and it's probably everything anyone could want in a concealer in terms of coverage, but some people would probably be put off because it contains mineral oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This covers up like nobody's business and looks very nice. But I remembered why I didn't get it years ago (other than the price) the Mineral Oil in it :( If it didn't have that this would be the bestest concealer EVER. So richly pigmented and the tiny pot will last forever. If you don't break out or mineral oil doesn't affect you, go get it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer!!!! It is the best concealer that I have ever found!! My Make Up For Ever full cover concealer comes 2nd to this.It covers up my acne and acne scars beautifully and naturally! I apply it with a concealer brush and it is the best thing ever. It has finally ended my search for an HG concealer. The only downfall is the PRICE! It is about $55 which is a whole lot of money for a broke college student like me to pay. The jar it comes in, though, is huge and you only need the tiniest bit so it will last forever. I had a sample that lasted me a long time and due to the price, I have not bought a full jar. Maybe I should ask for one for my birthday.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After abandoning this product as a foundation - I found it difficult to not get a masky look - I am in LOVE with this as an undereye concealer. I've used BB concealer on and off for several years, but find it too moist and end up with mascara/eyeliner smudges under my eyes after a few hours.

SSE, on the other hand, is creamy enough to blend thorougly - and you do have to blend, and blend fairly quickly - it dries to a satin finish with no smudges. It is amazing how pigmented/opaque this product is, so as everyone else notes in their reviews, you need to only use a tiny amount. Another plus for SSE over BB is you get a TON of product with SSE, so it is a better value.

To apply, I warm it a bit between my finders, then use BB concealer brush to distribute it around the eye area, then pat it smooth with my ring finger. You can't rush the application of this product though - it is easy to over-apply. However, it is well worth the money and extra effort!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LadyLustre

This concealer is the BEST I've ever used...and I have tried out quite a few. I have very fair skin with dark undereye circles and I had trouble finding a concealer that wasn't too yellow for my skin and that was thick enough to actually conceal the dark circles and stay there for a couple of hours. I was using Amazing Cosmetics Amazing concealer until I found this! This is the holy grail of concealers - I have had mine for over a year and it isn't even halfway gone even though I use it every day - the tiniest bit goes the longest way. I combine the concealer with my face moisturizer to make it into a foundation - this product is amazing.
Just go to Sephora and try this out and see how much of a difference it makes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Stylebaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For those of you out there with melasma looking for the right concealer, I can't say enough good things about this product! As others have mentioned, you need to experiment some to get the application right for you, but once you do, this stuff is amazing. (I use primer, then apply a tiny bit of SSE with my fingers and blend) Covers the darkness and leaves a natural color and surface in its place. I've tried Cover FX and Dermablend but this is better by far. My only wish is that they add SPF to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this concealer/foundation. I apply it with my fingers. This gives me a flawless finish every time. I love that it is thick, smooth and creamy. It is also light weight. I live in FL and wear this during the summer. I think every woman needs this in their aresnal. This is a must have for me. Yes it is expensive but you only need a little bit. I will repurchase!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The is the single most disappointing product of my makeup junkie life. I FINALLY get to check this out and what I expected was a creamy, high coverage, decent color selection product that was a kick butt concealer/multipurpose product. What I realized when I finally checked it out was that it is PASTY, not creamy, the colors all skew insanely yellow/orange (the MA couldn't find a decent match for my NW20 skin). It is very pigmented and you would only need a dot to do the trick, but OH BOY...everything else was a hot mess for. I walked out of Nordies...sooooo disappointed. I took a sample home but it isn't getting any better. I guess if you had serious things to cover up, this may be good, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by yggdrasil27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I am C40 and use SX11 for this product. My skin is spotty from old acne marks and also have dark circles. This does wonders for these problem areas. It is rather thick and a little goes a long way. I mix a tiny dab of this with KA primer and apply. I am becoming a huge fan of KA products. have not been disappointed with anything I've tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No