April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by 123Ash

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The perfect crease color! Love it's texture and blendability! MAC makes beautiful matte shadows:).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd made a mistake buying Wedge, it just seemed like dull matte neutral light greyish-brown colour, not very exciting. It is now one of my most-used MAC e/s for the simple reason that it is the best colour for creating a transition between lid colour and brow highlight. Before, no matter how much I blended I felt that if I wore a strong lid colour it looked messy and unfinished in the crease. Wedge makes it so easy to create the perfect polished blend in the crease. It's very neutral, doesn't look muddy or reddish on my pale cool skin. I just use a little bit on the tip of my 217 and blend lightly around the edge of my lid colour. I use this every single time I wear e/s, as it works just as well creating subtle definition in the crease with very light e/s as it does in balancing out dark lids with light brow highlight. An essential.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wedge is nice to have for using in your crease, however I don't really think it's essential. It isn't very pigmented and I find it hard to make it show up sometimes. I probably would not buy it again as I have other shadows that do the job a little better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by VivaxMaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I went so long without this color! It is an excellent crease color, as well as for blending. This is a perfect neutral, and super blendable for a matte. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to crease color. It is a soft light brown that doesn't turn red or orange on my fair, cool-toned skin. I wear it almost everyday to define my crease without being overly dramatic for daytime. I also use it with darker eyeshadow as more of a blending color. I rarely go a day without throwing some Wedge in the crease!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

My first Mac eyeshadow. This fulfills two needs for me: a basic neutral colour that will not cause irritation after daily wear. The colour is lovely - i wear it alone though I'm sure you could be more adventurous with it. It is esaily applied and the colour is buildable. A good neutral colour and flattering to blue eyes. Stays on well. Perhaps a bit pricier that drugstore brands but I'm so pleased to finally find something that doesn't cause redness or irriatation on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the three shadows I use almost every single day (without yet coming near hitting pan after nearly a year, I might add!!). It's great in the crease when paired with light colours or as the lid colour with a darker shade in the crease. I haven't really found anything I couldn't make it work with. I'd highly recommend picking this one up if you haven't already - I know it's one I'll always re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful matte medium brown without a strong pull of being cool or warm? I thought it was a myth. Wedge satisfies all of those qualifications, including beautiful. The matte formula was one that I was hesitant about because MAC mattes tend to be harder to blend but this one wasn't, at all. It's great color, without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by shrimpski

I got this eyeshadow last week and am already so pleased with it that I'm writing a review!
It's a beautiful matte tan, almost the same colour as Soft Brown but a little more on the brown side, SB is a little warmer.
I think most people would use Wedge as a crease colour on its own and/or as a colour to blend out other colours in the crease. I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow, just enough in the crease to create depth or something along the top and bottom lash line.
This colour is perfect, it's subtle, but still looks like you're wearing eyeshadow. It's great for work, uni, BBQ's and interviews.
As I'm in Australia, the price of MAC is outrageous; I bought mine from eBay brand new for about $6 cheaper than retail. This shadow will last me a long time, but I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

Pros: Colour, finish/texture (matte, so not over the top)
Cons: Price

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color. I have light red hair-pretty much strawberry blonde and the MAC artist used it to fill my eyebrows. Now I'm hooked!