MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

Wedge is a great colour, the thing is just that it makes me look kind of sick. In fact it really is a dirty colour.
However, it's brilliant for a smokey eye!
Pigmentation is quite good (not as good as Benefit eyeshadows).

on 3/19/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most versatile eyeshadow I own. No matter what color I use on my lid, Wedge is always my go-to shadow for the crease. I'd say it is one of my top 5 favorite products for daily use.

on 3/5/2011 12:26:00 PM

Favorite crease color, eternal love <3 <3 <3

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of those shadows I find myself reaching for every day. It seems that no matter what kind of look I do I seem to find a reason to incorporate it! The majority of the time, I use it in my crease with a light shadow on the lid, or just above the crease to blend darker shadows. The only way I have found that I dislike it is as a lid color itself, which seemed to pull too orange-brown for my liking! It actually may not be too long before I run out of this, and I will repurchase.

on 3/3/2011 6:41:00 PM

This is one color that I use constantly for blending in the crease. Don't imagine I'll ever be without it. NYX taupe is an excellent dupe, but I like wedge better.

on 2/16/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite eyeshadow. I use it everyday and it is my stable cosmetic item.
I sometime use it to contour my nose too.This is a great matt shading powder+ neutral eyeshadow. LOVE THIS!

on 2/2/2011 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Wedge is without a doubt my favourite neutral matte eyeshadow. I use this almost daily as it is so versatile I an use it to complement most any look. I almost exclusively use it as a crease colour which blends perfectly with my everyday understated shadow for work and gives great depth to my eyes.

If I'm going on a night out I can use it to tone down too much shimmer and to make my brow highlight really stand out. Unless my skin colour changes dramatically I will continue to repurchase this forever :)

Packaging is pretty standard and the clear plastic piece has come apart unfortunately but that would not turn me off it. Price was 15euro which is steep enough but worth it when you know it's a colour with so many uses.

on 1/29/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

The perfect crease color! Love it's texture and blendability! MAC makes beautiful matte shadows:).

on 1/29/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I thought I'd made a mistake buying Wedge, it just seemed like dull matte neutral light greyish-brown colour, not very exciting. It is now one of my most-used MAC e/s for the simple reason that it is the best colour for creating a transition between lid colour and brow highlight. Before, no matter how much I blended I felt that if I wore a strong lid colour it looked messy and unfinished in the crease. Wedge makes it so easy to create the perfect polished blend in the crease. It's very neutral, doesn't look muddy or reddish on my pale cool skin. I just use a little bit on the tip of my 217 and blend lightly around the edge of my lid colour. I use this every single time I wear e/s, as it works just as well creating subtle definition in the crease with very light e/s as it does in balancing out dark lids with light brow highlight. An essential.

on 1/24/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wedge is nice to have for using in your crease, however I don't really think it's essential. It isn't very pigmented and I find it hard to make it show up sometimes. I probably would not buy it again as I have other shadows that do the job a little better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials