July 30, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tartantrouble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those shadows I find myself reaching for every day. It seems that no matter what kind of look I do I seem to find a reason to incorporate it! The majority of the time, I use it in my crease with a light shadow on the lid, or just above the crease to blend darker shadows. The only way I have found that I dislike it is as a lid color itself, which seemed to pull too orange-brown for my liking! It actually may not be too long before I run out of this, and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ninac

This is one color that I use constantly for blending in the crease. Don't imagine I'll ever be without it. NYX taupe is an excellent dupe, but I like wedge better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kyl101

My favourite eyeshadow. I use it everyday and it is my stable cosmetic item.
I sometime use it to contour my nose too.This is a great matt shading powder+ neutral eyeshadow. LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by liz179

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wedge is without a doubt my favourite neutral matte eyeshadow. I use this almost daily as it is so versatile I an use it to complement most any look. I almost exclusively use it as a crease colour which blends perfectly with my everyday understated shadow for work and gives great depth to my eyes.

If I'm going on a night out I can use it to tone down too much shimmer and to make my brow highlight really stand out. Unless my skin colour changes dramatically I will continue to repurchase this forever :)

Packaging is pretty standard and the clear plastic piece has come apart unfortunately but that would not turn me off it. Price was 15euro which is steep enough but worth it when you know it's a colour with so many uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by 123Ash

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The perfect crease color! Love it's texture and blendability! MAC makes beautiful matte shadows:).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd made a mistake buying Wedge, it just seemed like dull matte neutral light greyish-brown colour, not very exciting. It is now one of my most-used MAC e/s for the simple reason that it is the best colour for creating a transition between lid colour and brow highlight. Before, no matter how much I blended I felt that if I wore a strong lid colour it looked messy and unfinished in the crease. Wedge makes it so easy to create the perfect polished blend in the crease. It's very neutral, doesn't look muddy or reddish on my pale cool skin. I just use a little bit on the tip of my 217 and blend lightly around the edge of my lid colour. I use this every single time I wear e/s, as it works just as well creating subtle definition in the crease with very light e/s as it does in balancing out dark lids with light brow highlight. An essential.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wedge is nice to have for using in your crease, however I don't really think it's essential. It isn't very pigmented and I find it hard to make it show up sometimes. I probably would not buy it again as I have other shadows that do the job a little better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by VivaxMaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I went so long without this color! It is an excellent crease color, as well as for blending. This is a perfect neutral, and super blendable for a matte. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to crease color. It is a soft light brown that doesn't turn red or orange on my fair, cool-toned skin. I wear it almost everyday to define my crease without being overly dramatic for daytime. I also use it with darker eyeshadow as more of a blending color. I rarely go a day without throwing some Wedge in the crease!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

My first Mac eyeshadow. This fulfills two needs for me: a basic neutral colour that will not cause irritation after daily wear. The colour is lovely - i wear it alone though I'm sure you could be more adventurous with it. It is esaily applied and the colour is buildable. A good neutral colour and flattering to blue eyes. Stays on well. Perhaps a bit pricier that drugstore brands but I'm so pleased to finally find something that doesn't cause redness or irriatation on my eyelids.