MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wedge is an HG staple e/s that I have used for years and can't believe that I haven't yet reviewed it. As other reviewers have mentioned, it simply goes with everything, can be mixed and matched with so many colors or used alone with other nude shades. I like to use this with MAC's Charcoal Brown, my UD Naked Pallette's Naked and Buck, with Virgin on my brow bone, lined with Bobbi Brown's cream gel liner in Sepia Ink for a perfect nude eye that goes with any bold lip color. Sometimes I will wear this in my crease with MAC's Patina on the lid, lined with MAC's Embark for a quick and easy neutral eye. This is a staple color everyone should have!

on 4/22/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love Wedge, I don't know how I did without it. I use to use UD Naked but I prefer Wedge as it is slightly darker and I can use it as a subtle contour and to help blend out shades. It's a very neutral color, not too cool or warm which suits my olive skin well and works for my cooler toned friend and I'm sure it would work with warmer tones too.

Will repurchase forever!

Wedge is a great colour, the thing is just that it makes me look kind of sick. In fact it really is a dirty colour.
However, it's brilliant for a smokey eye!
Pigmentation is quite good (not as good as Benefit eyeshadows).

on 3/19/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most versatile eyeshadow I own. No matter what color I use on my lid, Wedge is always my go-to shadow for the crease. I'd say it is one of my top 5 favorite products for daily use.

on 3/5/2011 12:26:00 PM

Favorite crease color, eternal love <3 <3 <3

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of those shadows I find myself reaching for every day. It seems that no matter what kind of look I do I seem to find a reason to incorporate it! The majority of the time, I use it in my crease with a light shadow on the lid, or just above the crease to blend darker shadows. The only way I have found that I dislike it is as a lid color itself, which seemed to pull too orange-brown for my liking! It actually may not be too long before I run out of this, and I will repurchase.

on 3/3/2011 6:41:00 PM

This is one color that I use constantly for blending in the crease. Don't imagine I'll ever be without it. NYX taupe is an excellent dupe, but I like wedge better.

on 2/16/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite eyeshadow. I use it everyday and it is my stable cosmetic item.
I sometime use it to contour my nose too.This is a great matt shading powder+ neutral eyeshadow. LOVE THIS!

on 2/2/2011 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Wedge is without a doubt my favourite neutral matte eyeshadow. I use this almost daily as it is so versatile I an use it to complement most any look. I almost exclusively use it as a crease colour which blends perfectly with my everyday understated shadow for work and gives great depth to my eyes.

If I'm going on a night out I can use it to tone down too much shimmer and to make my brow highlight really stand out. Unless my skin colour changes dramatically I will continue to repurchase this forever :)

Packaging is pretty standard and the clear plastic piece has come apart unfortunately but that would not turn me off it. Price was 15euro which is steep enough but worth it when you know it's a colour with so many uses.

on 1/29/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

The perfect crease color! Love it's texture and blendability! MAC makes beautiful matte shadows:).

Video Reviews & Tutorials