Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable Glycerin, Olive Oil, Orange Oil, Oat Flour, Lanolin, Oat Oil, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Oil, Beta-Carotene, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Quillaja Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil

on 9/25/2010 2:27:00 AM

I just LOVE the scent of Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling fresh and has improved the clarity of my skin. After about 2 weeks of use I noted a greater clarity than I'd seen in awhile. The orange oil also provides natural antioxidants. This product really performs as well as some cleansers and treatments literally costing 10 times the price of this item (about $6).
I apply a little of this to my moistened skin and massage with my fingers for about a minute. I then use a clean washcloth and warm water to remove. It leaves my skin soft and glowing. It hasn't caused any irritation to my sensitive skin. Of course, one can't use this to remove eye makeup. I use olive oil for eye makeup removal. Orange oil is not meant to be used around the eyes.
I highly recommend this product.

on 8/27/2010 12:31:00 PM

I have to say i really am on the fence with this one. I'm a huge cleansing oil fan and loved that I had found this product that was oil based, was 100% natural, gently but thoroughly removed every trace of my makeup and impurities and left my skin feeling conditioned. i also ALWAYS make sure i thoroughly rinse my face clean with warm water. i know that incorrect method is a huge culprit for bag reviews.

the reason why i will not be repurchasing is that i did notice the tiniest cystic pimples appearing at random places on my face after prolonged use. i am lucky to say i generally have clear and happy skin and do use a very simple and solid routine. i do suspect it maybe the olive oil as i broke out in cystic acne once when i used it on its own. meanwhile, lanolin while particularly moisturizing is known for being quite the irritant but i'm really thinking it's because this is olive oil based, which i regard as just way too heavy for the face.

on 8/15/2010 8:52:00 AM

I picked this up on a whim along with a bar of poison ivy soap. The skincare products I've used for years irritated my poison ivy infested face, so I tried this cleanser. To my amazement, the little bumps and clogged pores on my nose and cheeks cleared up for the first time in years. I've since resumed using foundation (which I had assumed was the pore-clogging culprit) and my skin is still amazingly clear. Love this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nice cleanser, but not HG.

on 8/2/2010 11:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'll start off by saying that I have really sensitive skin; a lot of facial cleansers I use tend to burn, break me out, etc. I've been using this product now for a solid 7 weeks, sometimes both morning and night, and I really like it. My skin (usually a headache) has been very consistently smooth, and it does a good job cleaning off dirt and makeup. I haven't had any problems with any residue leftover, so I think the key is moderation- a little of this is all you need.

I'm almost completely out of this now, and will be switching to another cleanser that I've had sitting around for a while, but I would definitely repurchase this product in the future.

on 7/4/2010 11:51:00 PM

Another favorite from Burt's Bees. This cleanser feels and and smells great, and removes most dirt and makeup. It's weaker than the Soap Bark deep cleansing cream I'm using now but I may go back to it after I'm done with my current tube - switching cleansers and toners occasionally seems to work best for my skin.

on 6/26/2010 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The orange smell is kind of strong and I'm not sure if this really did anything. My skin didn't feel particularly cleansed after using this product. Disappointed.

I remember using this product a few years ago as a teen when I had really quite beautiful skin. Then BAM I turned 18 and my flawless skin turned really irritated, red and pimply. I began experimenting with many different products and supplements to help fix my skin but most of them only made it worse (including BC pills).

Recently (at almost 20 yo) my skin has been getting better and better (whether by using better products, or simply growing out the acne, I don't know) but after looking through some pictures of myself as a teen with beautiful skin, I was reminded of this cleanser and went and bought a tube at my local Organic Store.

OH MY GOD am I ever glad I did! I have been using this cleanser again for about a week, and this, in combination with my Jason Vitamin e Cream has been transforming my skin!

What I do is wet my face and massage slightly more than a pea-sized amount of this cleanser in to my face. I massage for about 30 seconds-1 minute, and then let it sit on my face for a minute more. Then I rinse with some warm water, and gently rub/exfoliate it off with a sea sponge for maybe a minute! I think this is really key to using this cleanser so that you don't get that "residue" that some reviewers have mentioned. Though I am still left with a nice layer of protective oils on my face after, it does not clog my EASILY CLOGGED skin. This cleanser does not dry out my skin at all-which is great for me because my skin is so dehydrated. I am sure using a cloth to take it off would be fine, but that personally irritates my skin, so I prefer a sea sponge.

Every morning now I am waking up with skin that is beautiful and glowingly healthy. I have this cleanser to thank for that (as well as my Jason Vit E Cream, and my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair) I would highly recommend all three of these products if you have dry, irritated skin!

on 6/22/2010 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like using natural products in my beauty routine, but this cleanser was truly and honestely so disappointing. It has a nice thick waxy consistency and a nice smell but...
First of all it does not remove eye make at all and if you are tempted to try it will sting badly. Second, after about a week of using it,I got some nasty blocked pores (I never really suffer I have pretty dryish skin) on my eyebrows and around the lip area. So.. back to my super Cleanse and Polish by Liz Earle. That never ever disappoints.

on 5/31/2010 6:08:00 PM

I have very oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin. Most drugstore cleansers are too harsh for my face and leave it very dry and tight feeling. I bought a tube of this a while back and hoped that the oil in this stuff would help restore my skin's natural moisture. At first I absolutely hated it. It didn't lather, left a greasy residue on my face, and made me super shiny. I used it four, five times before throwing it under the sink into my product graveyard. It stayed there until a week ago.

Fast forward four months later. My skin was an absolute mess. Shinier than ever and pimples everywhere. Out of desperation I bought a Clarisonic face brush and a bottle of Philosophy's Purity cleanser. Within three days my skin started to clear, but using Purity morning and night was definitely drying it out. Thats when the lightbulb went off. I dug this out of the graveyard gave it another try with the face brush.

In the morning I use this and at night I use Purity (both with my Clarisonic of course). My skin is glowing. GLOWING!! The trick this stuff is to only use once a day and scrub well. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized with minimal shine. It's probably a combination of the products I'm using + the brush that fixed my face, but if this stuff is used properly it works really, really well. I'll definitely repurchase.