October 24, 2014 | 1239 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by glitterbomb

I have this in Natural Light, and I think it's just eh. I wanted it to be a good cheek highlighter, but it's hardly noticeable. I should probably try a darker shade, but I dont want it to be too obvious, which is why I chose Natural Light in the first place. And I had expected it to be pinkish, but instead it's sort of yellowish. Make sure you just press on the pump lightly - a little goes a long way. and I do not think the scent is that bad, but it is pretty strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

Terrible horrible smell. I can't describe. I hate the look it give me. Why would Revlon come up with this in the market? Not light enough to use in daytime even if i choose the lightest color but the shimmery is just too much to take. Night time i look oily instead of glowing. Throw it out of my window! Never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

It's a good drugstore product comparative to more high end department store brands but it's not perfect. The lotion is pretty thick and it doesn't come in enough variety of shades. I have Neutral Light and it does look a bit yellowish on me, but what I do is apply it on top of face cream all over my face with a wet makeup sponge, and then use my Bare Minerals foundation on top and it does give my face a nice glow without looking greasy. You can also blend it into liquid foundation if you use that, or mix it with your face moisturizer. It's a bit hard to blend on it's own to get an even application, but mixed with other products it works really well. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, I may buy the MAC Strobe cream next instead which I hear is very similar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by coopercat3104

This was too thick for me and it didn't have the best smell. On me it just looked greasy. Won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth01

If this was given to me for free I would use it again, but I would not repurchase. Its a super thick 'illuminator' that has the same heavy smell as Revlons Illuminating Foundation. I have it in 'Bare Light' and it doesn't deposit any colour onto my face, just this tacky residue. You have to use this very sparingly or your face will look like you just stuck it in a vat of oil. Maybe it's just me, but I found that when I apply this to my cheek bones over top of foundation, it seems to 'pull' the foundation off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by hellodebbie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is ok, I have in in Warm Light. You have to be very careful at the amount of product you use, and the packaging of this doesn't make it very easy. I find it to be a bit cumbersome.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkacid

It's my fault. I never seem to learn my lesson with Revlon products. Revlon products aren't meant for my face. The colors look great on the package but once it hits my face, my skin turns orange or darker. And I'm talking about all revlon face cosmetics. The scent of this lotion is great. But I think it's a major mistake putting it all over my face because I looked like a greaseball! It's kind of expensive and apparently no va-va-voom effect on me. I should've bought another product. My regrets.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is just ok. i have this in the pump in the lightest shade (natural light), but it isn't light enough. i feel for illuminators to really illuminate they have to exactly match or be just a tad lighter, otherwise you look flushed.

i don't hate it, sometimes i actually use it, but i would prefer to have my 14.00 bucks back than use this up.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by LylaLeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. HG for me.

Pros: gives your skin a nice bright look so you look dewy, youthfull and rested.
    Con: can't really tell how much product is left because of the packaging.

I have 2 of these and tried all the colours. Warm Light and Pink Light. I have repurchased Pink Light twice and am close to repurchasing the warm light.

Warm light looks great in the spring and almost gives a tanned/bronze look. Pink Light I use mainly in the winter but its also great in the summer. I used this on my cheeks and apply with my finger. I also dab some on my temples and I also put a litle on my lips with the left over product (don't know if you are allowed to but it looks great on my lips). I have also tried peach light (sample) (which looks horrible on me and my friends and sisters so I don't recommend it) and natural light which was too pale for me. My sister has Golden Light as she has a darker complexion then me and it gives her a great tan.

Oh I also use it on my eyelids sometimes as a makeup primer and it gives a nice highlight to the brow and helps eyeshadows stay on like a primer would.

The product can be a little pricey so wait for a sale or promotion (once I got it was a free tube of l/g and mascara).

Overall, its a great multiuse product for me (eyes, lips, cheeks,) and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

I have this in Natural Light. I apply a tiny amount of this to the top of my cheeks, just above where I've applied my blusher, and it really highlights my cheekbones beautifully and gives my complexion a glowing, healthy appearance. I have also tried applying it over other areas of my face, or mixed with moisturiser, but it has only made my face look 'greasy'.

Like other reviewers, I hate the tube design. It is so easy to squirt out more than you need at a time. Also it's rather 'bulky' and basically not very nice to use. However, you receive loads of lotion in each tube, so is good value for money, and will last for ages.