Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (Octyl Methoxycinnamate) (7.5%), Titanium Dioxide (2.4%). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Isocetyl Linoleoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Trihydroxystearin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Polyethylene. Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Gingko Biloba Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Manganese Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment Extract, Methicone, Topaz, Quartz, Mother of Pearl, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain Mica, Ultramarines, Carmine, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 5/29/2006 12:56:00 PM

Terrible horrible smell. I can't describe. I hate the look it give me. Why would Revlon come up with this in the market? Not light enough to use in daytime even if i choose the lightest color but the shimmery is just too much to take. Night time i look oily instead of glowing. Throw it out of my window! Never repurchase.

on 5/20/2006 9:41:00 AM

It's a good drugstore product comparative to more high end department store brands but it's not perfect. The lotion is pretty thick and it doesn't come in enough variety of shades. I have Neutral Light and it does look a bit yellowish on me, but what I do is apply it on top of face cream all over my face with a wet makeup sponge, and then use my Bare Minerals foundation on top and it does give my face a nice glow without looking greasy. You can also blend it into liquid foundation if you use that, or mix it with your face moisturizer. It's a bit hard to blend on it's own to get an even application, but mixed with other products it works really well. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, I may buy the MAC Strobe cream next instead which I hear is very similar.

on 5/14/2006 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was too thick for me and it didn't have the best smell. On me it just looked greasy. Won't purchase again.

on 4/2/2006 3:23:00 PM

If this was given to me for free I would use it again, but I would not repurchase. Its a super thick 'illuminator' that has the same heavy smell as Revlons Illuminating Foundation. I have it in 'Bare Light' and it doesn't deposit any colour onto my face, just this tacky residue. You have to use this very sparingly or your face will look like you just stuck it in a vat of oil. Maybe it's just me, but I found that when I apply this to my cheek bones over top of foundation, it seems to 'pull' the foundation off.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This product is ok, I have in in Warm Light. You have to be very careful at the amount of product you use, and the packaging of this doesn't make it very easy. I find it to be a bit cumbersome.

on 3/28/2006 2:46:00 AM

It's my fault. I never seem to learn my lesson with Revlon products. Revlon products aren't meant for my face. The colors look great on the package but once it hits my face, my skin turns orange or darker. And I'm talking about all revlon face cosmetics. The scent of this lotion is great. But I think it's a major mistake putting it all over my face because I looked like a greaseball! It's kind of expensive and apparently no va-va-voom effect on me. I should've bought another product. My regrets.

on 3/12/2006 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is just ok. i have this in the pump in the lightest shade (natural light), but it isn't light enough. i feel for illuminators to really illuminate they have to exactly match or be just a tad lighter, otherwise you look flushed.

i don't hate it, sometimes i actually use it, but i would prefer to have my 14.00 bucks back than use this up.

continued >>

on 2/28/2006 1:01:00 PM

I love this product. HG for me.

Pros: gives your skin a nice bright look so you look dewy, youthfull and rested.
Con: can't really tell how much product is left because of the packaging.

I have 2 of these and tried all the colours. Warm Light and Pink Light. I have repurchased Pink Light twice and am close to repurchasing the warm light.

Warm light looks great in the spring and almost gives a tanned/bronze look. Pink Light I use mainly in the winter but its also great in the summer. I used this on my cheeks and apply with my finger. I also dab some on my temples and I also put a litle on my lips with the left over product (don't know if you are allowed to but it looks great on my lips). I have also tried peach light (sample) (which looks horrible on me and my friends and sisters so I don't recommend it) and natural light which was too pale for me. My sister has Golden Light as she has a darker complexion then me and it gives her a great tan.

Oh I also use it on my eyelids sometimes as a makeup primer and it gives a nice highlight to the brow and helps eyeshadows stay on like a primer would.

The product can be a little pricey so wait for a sale or promotion (once I got it was a free tube of l/g and mascara).

Overall, its a great multiuse product for me (eyes, lips, cheeks,) and I would recommend it to anyone.

on 2/23/2006 12:27:00 PM

I have this in Natural Light. I apply a tiny amount of this to the top of my cheeks, just above where I've applied my blusher, and it really highlights my cheekbones beautifully and gives my complexion a glowing, healthy appearance. I have also tried applying it over other areas of my face, or mixed with moisturiser, but it has only made my face look 'greasy'.

Like other reviewers, I hate the tube design. It is so easy to squirt out more than you need at a time. Also it's rather 'bulky' and basically not very nice to use. However, you receive loads of lotion in each tube, so is good value for money, and will last for ages.

on 2/20/2006 1:01:00 AM

Allright, so I NEVER buy drugstore foundation, my whole life I've used Clinique (superbalanced) and recently MAC (select tint, and studio stick), as well as MAC concealers, but I really wanted something that makes me glow, and bought this on sale for 12$ Canadian.

First of, I guess I didn't use it properly, and I shoved it in my drawer for a few months, because I didnt notice a difference at all, maybe because I used so little. Then, for the last 3-4 months I've been mixing it with my foundation and I loved the glowy look it gave me. I was mixing it with my MAC Select foundation, because I do need medium coverage, I don't have the best skin.

BUT today I used just this product (in bare light) all over my face, and my MAC concealer on a couple pimples and under the eyes and it looked just as great if not better! It actually DOES give some coverage and makes my skin look and feel amazing!!

I also use the loose powder, also in bare light on my cheeks and browbones, and my tarte cheekstain in dollface. all these products together make my skin look AMAZING and i've never had good glowy skin!! I never felt it was too shimmery, just don't use a huge amount (espec. the powder)

Btw, I'm usually an NC15-20 in MAC, but this color, although looks dark, suits me well and almost gives me a tan!

GREAT PRODUCT!