April 23, 2014 | 1078 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cassbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 2nd tube of this! Absolutly love it. I love my eyelashes to look like a spiders landed on my eyes (wrong i know) but only for a night out. Now using this, at first its just like any other primer. But use another layer and your eyelashes look 5 times thicker! It really makes my eyelashes stand out especially those wispy little ones at the corners of the eye and on the bottom. Definatly reccomend if you like your eyes to look extreme :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

After Shiseido changed the formulation of their popular mascara base, which has been my favorite for years, I went in search for something that would be similar to their original. What I want most from my mascara base is the ability hold my curl, which I painstakingly do every morning for my stick straight Asian lashes - that to me is far more important than length or volume. So based on reviews, I bought this. I wish I'd kept the box.

It certainly helps to lengthen, but the thin, nearly watery, white formula flattens my lashes right out. Its saving grace, however, is that it dries fairly quickly - at least faster than the Shiseido - and is not sticky, so I can curl my lashes again before applying my mascara. I really don't like to curl my lashes after I've applied product, though, so I'm really just clutching at something in order to be able to keep using this stuff.

All in all, I'm not a fan, and I'll go back to Shiseido, even though the quality of the new formula is subpar to the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by LaReinedelaMacaron

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This definitely makes my mascara last longer, I used it on one eye and not the other... The side with this under my mascara definitely looked better for much longer.
I used it under my favourite Chanel Inimitable Waterproof and it definitely boosts the look of the lashes as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a good product. I will probably purchase again because I think it does make my lashes look fuller, especially when I pair it with Lancome Definicils. But there are probalby cheaper clones on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by quirkybox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a letdown. After reading all the rave reviews on MUA I thought I'd found the perfect complement to my Hypnose mascara. I'm usually happy to splurge on quality products but this is a real RIP OFF! One coat of this completely flattened my curled lashes. In terms of volumising and lengthening, it was only so-so. Isn't a primer supposed to enhance the appearance of your lashes? This managed to achieve the complete opposite at a hefty $50 SGD. AWFUL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by fruitloopbabe87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to buy this after hearing the amazing reviews. I bought this off eBay, it was still quite exy. If you are looking for something that makes your lashes smooooooooth then give this a go. I stopped using this because it defeated the purpose of my mascara - I use mascara to create a defined, dramatic look (thickness and length are important). When I applied Cils Booster, it made my lashes smooth but that was about it. It definitely did not allow my mascara to lengthen or volumize my lashes.

Pros:
- smoothes lashes

Cons:
- doesn't allow for mascara to lengthen or add volume
- price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If this wasn't so expensive, I would definitely keep it around! I have a tube right now and I love it. It makes any mascara look great on top of it. I like to use it for nights out because it really adds length and volume to the lashes. You just apply like regular mascara, goes on white, and after letting it dry for a few seconds, put whatever mascara you like on top. This makes even cheap mascaras like Great Lash look good. Highly recommend this for any mascara junkies out there!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by candaaance

My boyfriend bought me this booster knowing I love Lancome and was looking for something to boost my eyelashes. At first I was amazed, I loved how glamorous it made them look. Added length and volume like it promises to do. HOWEVER, I was told it was supposed to prevent my eyelashes from falling out and it did the opposite. I know quite a few people who actually had their lashes break off with this product as well. I'm really disappointed because of how great it looks on, but I also heard that it just isn't made for some people and others don't really have the same problem. So I guess it's just trial and error. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If this didn't make my lashes slightly crunchy, this would get a perfect rating. It really increases the length of my lashes, but not the thickness. It also makes my mascara last much longer. My lashes aren't as soft with it, but I'll survive.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those white mascara bases you put on before you apply your mascara (like those by L'Oreal and Revlon) and frankly, IMO it's nothing but a gimmick to make you spend more money. Any mascara worth its salt will have this built into its formula. I got this in a free gift--thank God I didn't pay good money for it!--and I'm using it, but I would not re-purchase,since I'm sure it's pretty expensive. Don't waste your money, either.