August 21, 2014 | 1416 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupalleyTam74

THE BEST FOR SAVING CONDITIONING AND ENHANCING LASHES with a NATURALLY AMAZING LOOK!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ltan68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried all kinds of mascara primer n this one works out the best for me. I didn't say it was the best one because i really don't think it is.... I used to use maybelline. the one that comes with mascara on the opposite side. i never used the mascara n used only the primer n went thru so many that i felt like i was throwing away money. This primer coats my lashes n makes them look thicker with mascara on top but i have a hard time trying to get the primer to 'stick' to the ends of my lashes to make them look longer. if that even makes sense. It also weighs down my curled lashes so after it dries, i have to recurl them. but at least it doesn't stick too bad to the curler so its not that painful. i will stick with this primer until i run into a better one that will also lengthens as it volumizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This deserves a 5 because it really does make a difference to my lashes. My mascara goes on thicker but it never clumps, and my lashes look longer and lusher. I got it in a sample size but I would probably repurchase due to the benefits it gives my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pandah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this primer. I'm now on my 4th tube. I don't know what happened but it takes the curl right out of my lashes. If you're looking for full straight lashes this is the primer for you, but I want a curl! I ended up using the primer from Maybelline Extensions and my curl has never looked better. Maybe Lancome changed their formula, very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a white, slightly thick primer that comes in a slender, narrow round tube. The brush is a synthetic fiber "teddy bear" brush, large, and generally easy to work with. The way I use this product is to apply it to my lashes, wait about 20-30 seconds, then go ahead and apply my mascara while it is still slightly tacky. It has caused no irritation to my eyes, and is easily removed with standard eye makeup remover.

The real miracle is that this primer, when used under ANY mascara (and I do mean ANY...even the cheapest drugstore brand), will make that mascara bullet proof for 12 + hours for me. I don't even get that kind of wear with water proof mascara.

If I use this primer, my mascara will not run even after a crazy, sweaty, run-my-butt-off 12 hour shift at work (I'm a nurse). I will not have smears, flakes, or smudges of any kind. No raccoon eyes.

The true testament to the value of this product, however, has been demonstrated this week when we have had temperatures consistently in the 100 degree fahrenheit range this week, and my mascara STILL has not run or smudged. Even with constant wiping of sweat (I have kids who do not understand the concept of not playing outside when the sun is hot enough to bake your brain) off my face and eyes, my mascara miraculously remained intact. The air has been soupy with humidity, too. I am simply amazed.

I love, love, LOVE this stuff. Worth every penny. Run to your nearest Lancome counter and pony up the cash for this little gem. You won't be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by gaisgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Oh. My. God.
What a BEAUTIFUL primer.
After reading so many good reviews on MUA, I had to stop by my local Lancome counter to buy it. The ladies were kinda scary but I hustled out of there with my Cils Booster. Here's the overview.

PACKAGING: It comes in a mediocre white and black tube. The wand is triangular and if you look closely, you can see the white fibers on the end of the wand.
FORMULA: Not too dry and not too thick. Goes on smoothly without clumps. The formula is white but dries to a milky clear color. It doesn't affect the color of the mascara used over it.
RESULTS UNDER MASCARA: Holy crap. My mom thought I was wearing falsies with just the Cils Booster and some Maybelline Colossal. Gives gorgeous length and supreme volume. Not only that, but it leaves my eyelashes soft, not brittle like some primers do.
VERDICT: My HG primer. It is a little pricey, but it works wonders and it's good for your lashes too. Since I only wear it for special occasions, my little tube is going to last me a long time. I will repurchase when necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cassbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 2nd tube of this! Absolutly love it. I love my eyelashes to look like a spiders landed on my eyes (wrong i know) but only for a night out. Now using this, at first its just like any other primer. But use another layer and your eyelashes look 5 times thicker! It really makes my eyelashes stand out especially those wispy little ones at the corners of the eye and on the bottom. Definatly reccomend if you like your eyes to look extreme :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

After Shiseido changed the formulation of their popular mascara base, which has been my favorite for years, I went in search for something that would be similar to their original. What I want most from my mascara base is the ability hold my curl, which I painstakingly do every morning for my stick straight Asian lashes - that to me is far more important than length or volume. So based on reviews, I bought this. I wish I'd kept the box.

It certainly helps to lengthen, but the thin, nearly watery, white formula flattens my lashes right out. Its saving grace, however, is that it dries fairly quickly - at least faster than the Shiseido - and is not sticky, so I can curl my lashes again before applying my mascara. I really don't like to curl my lashes after I've applied product, though, so I'm really just clutching at something in order to be able to keep using this stuff.

All in all, I'm not a fan, and I'll go back to Shiseido, even though the quality of the new formula is subpar to the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by LaReinedelaMacaron

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This definitely makes my mascara last longer, I used it on one eye and not the other... The side with this under my mascara definitely looked better for much longer.
I used it under my favourite Chanel Inimitable Waterproof and it definitely boosts the look of the lashes as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a good product. I will probably purchase again because I think it does make my lashes look fuller, especially when I pair it with Lancome Definicils. But there are probalby cheaper clones on the market.