October 21, 2014 | 1757 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ValDazzles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. Its my absolute favorite. I want to buy another one so I can have one for lighter colors and one for darker colors. I would definetely repurchase or gift to someone else. Its a must have brush. If you only get one MAC brush in your lifetime, buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have several of the MAC 239 brushes and they are great! Perfect for applying shadows and pigments on the lid. The quality is great and they last forever if you take care of them properly.

The E.L.F. so called "dupe" of this brush sheds like crazy, doesn't apply color evenly, and just basically isn't even close to comparable to the MAC brush. Sigma brushes ARE comparable in quality I think and I do love those too.

If you are looking for something you can pick up at Target or a drugstore for less, try the Ecotools brushes. They are all amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5 (EXPENSIVE!)
Pkg quality: 4
Would I repurchase: Nope

Not that this is a BAD brush, it is up to MAC standards, good quality nice brush - however! For $24.50, I would say it's completely dupe-able. Yes it definitely applies color nicely, deposits it all very well and if your doing a color like on the inner 1/2 of your eye, and then a darker one on the outer half, it's nice to kinda sweep over the edges of the two to blend.

There are ELF "C" brushes available at target for about $1-3, that do just about the EXACT same job! They may fall apart sooner and don't lay down color as well, but they work essentially the exact same. And spending that much less on a brush for a few minor flaws is worth it to me. I would say save your money for a different MAC brush like the 224, or 217 or something that is not quite as dupe-able.

hope this review helped someone :)

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by BrunetteBarbie28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this brush. It doesn't apply my eyeshadow's(even MAC e/s) smoothly or pigmented. I swear I got a better, richer look with a cheapie sponge tip applicator. The 239 applied shadow in sheer uneven layers. I would have to take time and build layer upon layer up where with a sponge tip in 2 applications I'd have serious pigment on my lids. I cannot rec this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

What it claims:

Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibres. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

What I like about it:

Does all of the above. It's light making it easy to use/clean. Bristles are firm and it packs colors on the eyes tremendously, whether it be cream or powder. Wonderful brush. Great for small lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Staple shadow brush. I like it for my lid and browbone. You can sweep for a daytime wash of color or pat with it for serious pigment. It's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My 239 says Japan as place of manufacture. It is a decent (not amazing) brush for applying pressed powder eye shadow.
It has short, dense and soft bristles that grab the e/s well and deposit it exactly where I want it. I do think that it grabs a little more than it actually deposits, though, but I am checking this with various brands of eye shadow and I get different results. It does not happen that much with my Sisleys but it does happen with a couple of ArtDeco ones, with which I also have a slight issue of fallout. So I guess its up to the e/s brand.
It has not lost a single hair, either in spot cleaning (dilluted MAC brush cleanser) or in washing/conditioning. The hair is restored to white only with washing.
It has kept its shape but I always use its guard so I cannot comment on how it will perform "naked".
I will definitely buy again, as a matter of fact I am saving to buy multiples so I do not have to spot-clean it for different colours. It is not a life-changing brush for me but it is a very reliable brush. Strangely, the only difference I see from my old, dirt-cheap Avon ones is that this one deposits more colour and it is more accurate. Otherwise it would have been a 5-star.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The 239 is not my fave eye shadow brush, but it's a great brush nevertheless. One complaint I have is that I feel like the brush does absorb a lot of product, so you end up using more. However, I do like this brush a lot and reach for it fairly often. This thing is great for Mac shadows that have a Lustre finish. The brush prevents fall out from the glitter you see in Lustres. Also, a lot of the time with Lustre shadows, you have to dig a little more to pick up the shadow, and this brush is dense and tough enough to get the job done. It's sturdy, tough, and well-made, but the bristles are super soft and comfy. The quality is amazing, and you will be able to use this for life. The weight and length are perfect, and it feels great in the hand. And one more tidbit, in case you didn't know...the 239 + Mac Woodwinked = the most heavenly eyeshadow application you will ever experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lovebon898270

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!! it is absolutely amazing it packs on the color so you dont have to keep apply shadow to build up. unlike my other flat shader brushes that wont pact on. plush if you put it at a slant/angle you can apply color to the crease and blend colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by titee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

it's perfect for packing color on the lid! it's a must have for me. :)