March 2, 2015 | 1063 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Pashrnate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two of these and one of them is around ten years old and holding up as well as when I first got it. This is my favorite eye shadow brush, hands down. It is just the right size and firmness for almost any application - both powder and cream. The only thing I don't use it much for when I just want a sheer wash of color since this brush picks up a lot of color when you use it. I also like that the bristles are white so I can see how much color is on there. Although I think there are lower priced imitations out there, the bristles on this brush are so soft and luxurious. It is definitely worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Cloudykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC brush and I have to say, for me, it was worth every cent. Yes they are pricey, but the quality of the bristles just does not compare to other brushes I've had. I do agree with some of the other reviews in that it does seem a bit small for my eyes, but I think that would depend on the person.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I've purchased this brush 3 separate times & ended up swapping them all every time because it's too small for my large eye lid space & I feel like it just doesn't pack the product on very well =( I am gonna try the 252 & update.I actually don't think the 275 is bad at all but I prefer using that for my crease or corner work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MAC brushes. I think they are wonderfully solid and great shapes. I really think it's worth it to invest in some good brushes, and I know this is a cult favorite. And this is a nice brush, but I got to say, not my favorite one. I always find myself reaching for my Sonia Kashuk white handled small flat eyeshadow brushes or my Lowell Cornell brush (which I can't find anymore of!! Sad....). While a lot of MAC brushes are worth it, this is not one of them. Save your money and get a Sonia Kashuk. I just find the shape of the 239 isn't right for my eye. The bristles are too short and the brush head is kind of thin. The width is good. It just gets neglected. One reason I choose MAC is because they have superior shapes, but I think this one needs to be tweaked (and the 227-another one that makes me sad! Almost perfect, but I like my POSH fluffy eyeshadow brush so much better!). MAC brushes that ARE worth it, 217 and 219 and 109 for sure. Probably 211 and 129. Those are all amazing. Save for those by skipping this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ValDazzles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. Its my absolute favorite. I want to buy another one so I can have one for lighter colors and one for darker colors. I would definetely repurchase or gift to someone else. Its a must have brush. If you only get one MAC brush in your lifetime, buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have several of the MAC 239 brushes and they are great! Perfect for applying shadows and pigments on the lid. The quality is great and they last forever if you take care of them properly.

The E.L.F. so called "dupe" of this brush sheds like crazy, doesn't apply color evenly, and just basically isn't even close to comparable to the MAC brush. Sigma brushes ARE comparable in quality I think and I do love those too.

If you are looking for something you can pick up at Target or a drugstore for less, try the Ecotools brushes. They are all amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5 (EXPENSIVE!)
Pkg quality: 4
Would I repurchase: Nope

Not that this is a BAD brush, it is up to MAC standards, good quality nice brush - however! For $24.50, I would say it's completely dupe-able. Yes it definitely applies color nicely, deposits it all very well and if your doing a color like on the inner 1/2 of your eye, and then a darker one on the outer half, it's nice to kinda sweep over the edges of the two to blend.

There are ELF "C" brushes available at target for about $1-3, that do just about the EXACT same job! They may fall apart sooner and don't lay down color as well, but they work essentially the exact same. And spending that much less on a brush for a few minor flaws is worth it to me. I would say save your money for a different MAC brush like the 224, or 217 or something that is not quite as dupe-able.

hope this review helped someone :)

9 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by BrunetteBarbie28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this brush. It doesn't apply my eyeshadow's(even MAC e/s) smoothly or pigmented. I swear I got a better, richer look with a cheapie sponge tip applicator. The 239 applied shadow in sheer uneven layers. I would have to take time and build layer upon layer up where with a sponge tip in 2 applications I'd have serious pigment on my lids. I cannot rec this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

What it claims:

Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibres. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

What I like about it:

Does all of the above. It's light making it easy to use/clean. Bristles are firm and it packs colors on the eyes tremendously, whether it be cream or powder. Wonderful brush. Great for small lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Staple shadow brush. I like it for my lid and browbone. You can sweep for a daytime wash of color or pat with it for serious pigment. It's perfect.