April 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The 239 is not my fave eye shadow brush, but it's a great brush nevertheless. One complaint I have is that I feel like the brush does absorb a lot of product, so you end up using more. However, I do like this brush a lot and reach for it fairly often. This thing is great for Mac shadows that have a Lustre finish. The brush prevents fall out from the glitter you see in Lustres. Also, a lot of the time with Lustre shadows, you have to dig a little more to pick up the shadow, and this brush is dense and tough enough to get the job done. It's sturdy, tough, and well-made, but the bristles are super soft and comfy. The quality is amazing, and you will be able to use this for life. The weight and length are perfect, and it feels great in the hand. And one more tidbit, in case you didn't know...the 239 + Mac Woodwinked = the most heavenly eyeshadow application you will ever experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lovebon898270

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!! it is absolutely amazing it packs on the color so you dont have to keep apply shadow to build up. unlike my other flat shader brushes that wont pact on. plush if you put it at a slant/angle you can apply color to the crease and blend colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by titee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

it's perfect for packing color on the lid! it's a must have for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really don't understand the hype with this. using my fingers or even a sponge tip packs on way more colour without wasting half the precious eyeshadow into the bristles. I love my 217 and 219 but I rarely use this, I just use my fingers instead, which is a shame considering how expensive it was.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

This brush is expensive, but it's SO worth it. It's my first and only MAC brush, but i'm hoping to add to my MAC brush collection in the future. I am notoriously frugal, so dropping nearly $25 on a brush made me feel quite sick, but I don't regret the purchase at all! It applies eye shadow so well, way better than any other brushes that i have. While I do love my ELF studio brushes, I would rather buy a brush that will last me years instead of a brush that falls apart after a few months. I think the 217 is the next brush on my list...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this brush without a doubt every single day that I apply make up! Which is most days. It is not too big or too small, and really packs on the makeup on your lid really well! You don't have t work as much to get your eyelids very bright and opaque with eye shadow. Like all MAC brushes it's made well, great durability and quility! No fraying or shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great brush to pack colour onto the lid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very densely packed small brush. It's great for applying color on the lids. I think I will buy two of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

It does pick up colour well but I find it a bit small for an all over wash of colour. It is great to work with smalle areas though. It it super soft and doesn't shed at all. Definitely an investment you won't regret.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Principessa1

I love this stuff to pack colour to the lid, just tap tap tap the eyeshadow to the lid, and i will get the perfect colour. A must have brush for me..