November 27, 2014 | 1509 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Moon Beam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I really enjoy that this highlighter is more goldy/pinky/peach than silver/white. It adds that perfect something to your looks, day or night. The true test to me was when friends commented on my glowy skin, NOT my glowy highlighter!

The nail polish bottle and brush is okay, but I've found the trick to putting this on without smearing other makeup. Don't paint it on like polish, dot it on and then tap/blend lightly with your ring finger. My other makeup stays untouched, and the highlight looks fantastic by using this method.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by greenclover

I love this stuff. I'd give it a 5 but it is a rare product indeed that I give a 5 to. I love the shade (pinky/gold/peach)... and it has just the lumenessence I was looking for... I was looking for a pretty lumenessence that didn't have a lot of obvious sparkles... this fits the bill... you can perfectly well wear a smaller amount in the day because it is so subtle and wear more at night if you like... doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Don't love the brush applicator but that's no biggie. It's a bit expensive to me but I got it pretty cheap on ebay. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dinadejulio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros: beautiful highlight color, gold-ish pink. Warms up the high points well

Cons: nail polish applicator is useless, when I use it over any liquid or powder foundation, bronzer or blush, it almost wipes off any makeup I've put on & looks smeared.

I really wanted to love this but the smearing look just ruins it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is something you buy once and you have it for more than a decade...good for special occasions, but it will take you a dozen tries or so before you figure out how to use it for your own face. I have a wide nose and have heard about putting highlighter down the center to make it look thinner. I tried to do that but I don't have it down yet.

I think this is not one of those instant-gratification purchases. You will have to play around with it to see what works for you, and IF it works for you. I have been in the market for a highlighter but I also have oily skin and visible pores so I have to be careful. I think I want to try to apply this on the very tip tops of my cheekbones under my eyes and in the corners of my eyes and maybe try the Cupid's bow suggestion below. I will update in a month and see how it goes! Tricky applicator!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticswhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does not show up on my nc40ish skin tone. It leaves a sheen of glitter. However when I mixed it into my foundation it really makes a difference leaves an glowy effect. It's a little bit pricey for me, but this product will last a long time.

I don't think I'll be rebuying this.!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is very creamy. It applies with a nail polish-like applicator. It has a golden shimmer to it with some pink iridescence. It isn't as highly pigmented as I had expected, and since it is relatively expensive, I don't find that it's really worth the price. It did give my cheekbones a lovely glow, but it is hard to apply to get an adequate coverage. It also doesn't apply well over heavy foundation, it just smears the foundation around. It also has a tendency to be streaky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

This works better for me than highbeam, but not that 'wonder' highlighter i was looking for. I tend to dot down the bridge of my nose and blend and also use it under my brows. As i use powder foundation i find it difficult to apply to the cheekbones and so have abandoned trying! Overall a nice product but expensive. I think there are similar products available which are much cheaper. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This just didnt show on me. I had to pack it on and my skin is oily and it just did not sit on my skin very well. It washed away after a hour. I hated this so much I through it in the trash. If I would have known about MUA I would have swapped it. It was def a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, swatched on my hand it comes up as a beautifully subtle gold shimmer with peachy undertones. However when applied to my NW15/20 face it does not show up.. at all... in any light.

Applied quite heavily a get a light shine on my cheekbones but thats it. None of the promised gold and peachy shimmer.

I could achieve the light shine the heavy application gives with a coat of clear lip gloss or a little vaseline, so it really doesn't do much at all for me as a highlighter. Here in Australia this is $45 a bottle, and I am so glad I didn't pay that price for it. I don't feel like I could recommend this to anyone, as the majority of reviewers seem to have the same problems.

My other problem with it is the smell, it isn't terrible, but definitely not pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I RIS and really like it. I have some other highlighters...not sure if this is my HG..but its still nice. Since I didn't pay for it...not sure about the price. I like to accent my cheekbones...on top of my eyebrows ..and my cupid's bow. These areas stand out really nice with moonbeam. I'm curious about high beam...it's seems like it's gotten higher reviews...Not sure if I would repurchase this because this bottle will last me a lifetime!!