Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These do not stay on very long and they do not go on dark enough. It may be because I do not use the waterproof ones, which I used to use and liked them quite a bit. I prefer Avon's other eyeliners, like the dual-ended ones. They are dark and so creamy that I can even use them on my upper lash line (pencil liner on the top usually doesn't work for me).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

To those who have trouble with smudging or Glimmersticks not lasting long enough, make sure you are buying the waterproof glimmersticks. For eye liners, there are several types of Glimmersticks. I love, love, love the waterproof blackest night Glimmerstlick. It adheres to eyelids or the waterline very well. The black makes my blue eyes POP. I also use the Glimmersticks brow definers in Tawny and Soft Brown--they work very well for a natural look, particularly if you have areas where you need to finely draw some brows in--mine tend to stop midway and I have to draw "ends" on to them, so the powders out there don't help me very well. Avon often has 4 for $10 sales on Glimmersticks which can't be beat!

I love this eyeliner! it goes on so smoothly and has a great color, lots of pigment. I've tried many eyeliners and always seem to come back to this one. it's very easy to use and would recommend it to anyone! check it out, I've actually started selling Avon after liking so many of their products.. www.youravon.com/elink

on 1/2/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use all the glimmerstick range. So that includes
lipliner and the brow definer. I make sure I prep my eye area
properly as I have very greasy eyelids and I have no problems
at all with wandering eyemakeup. I cant recommend a
decent primer enough if you want your makeup to last.
The Avon Magix is pretty fab.
I have a strict budget to adhere to and Avon fits the bill for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan for eyeliners i prefure the liqued insted,
but, i put it on my water-line and once i but it on its fine but then after a while it todaly disaprees , and DONT GET ME STARTED ON UPER-EYE LID, if your eyelids are oily it smuges off,!

on 12/9/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this product,I just love this & will recommend evryone to buy it,specially working woman.

It last for long time withouth smuging.Go for it!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ugh! I used to love this too, until I switched to Revlon Color Stay. This does NOT stay on long enough on my waterline, and I can barely tell the difference from when I wear black and when I wear the brown. This is fun to use, cheap, but the colors are not dramatic enough, and it fades SO FAST, even when I set it with powder [also, whenever I set with powder, the powder ends up in my contacts so I end up really frusturated because then I have terrible liner and crap all over my contacts >_>

I will NOT repurchase, but maybe it'll work well for you? oily lids BEWARE

on 11/20/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was disappointed in this product. The liner barely lasted an hour until it smeared, which left dark residue underneath my eyes. The application wasn't smooth and it took several coats before it was dark. The only positive thing about this liner was the packaging; I liked the twist top pen. I wouldn't buy this again, it was a waste of my money.

on 11/15/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! i have it in black and i like using it for my waterline (however weird that sounds) i prefer using liquid liner on my lid, but lining the waterline just makes the eyes look so much better. Definitely a repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: cheap, nice color selection, retractable pencil liner (liked that it didn't require sharpening)

Cons: I have oily eyelids so it didn't last long unless I set it with a powder eyeshadow, and not very creamy so I had to pull on my eye (albeit gently) which I hated doing.

Bottom line: I would not repurchase because I've found drugstore retractable pencil liners that I like more and actually now I prefer gel liners anyway. However I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this.