NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 5/26/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had to have Dolce Vita after reading the reviews. This was my first and last Nars lipstick. I was not impressed. The shade is very sheer, and it was the only liptsick that I have ever used that bled outside of my natural lip line. The shade itself was not a mlbb shade by any means on me, and it looked almost orange/coral. Dolce Vita seemed to clash with all makeup looks and just looked "off". The lipstick was moisturizing, but it requires frequent application as it has no staying power whatsoever.

I got this last Christmas from an aunt and I totally love the color. It's a sheer lip wear great for everyday! :)

on 4/25/2011 1:38:00 PM

This is a very pretty sheer deep dusty pink color with ZERO staying power. You can buy a very similar color with a bit more shine from Clinique (Pink Toffee) or Ulta (Sheer Pout) for a LOT less.

on 4/12/2011 10:37:00 PM

This is a nice everyday pink, not drying like Chanel on me. I like it and would buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my HG everyday lipstick. I'm NC 25, MUFE 120 and this is the best nude lipstick on me. It's a pinkish mauve color but I think it is quite sheer so if your lips aren't naturally pink, I dont think you would appreciate this too much. I noticed that most of the bad reviews on here are from ladies who are medium toned or darker. I think that this might be too light or too sheer for your liking. I think this color is better for ladies NC30 or fairer. As for it being the "most universally flattering shade", I have to disagree. Im on my 2nd tube of this lipstick (I've never repurchased a lipstick EVER) and I love how moisturizing this is. It's by far, the best formulated lipstick from Nars.
PROS:
- "my lips but better" look
- moisturizing
- fades evenly
CONS:
- not very long lasting

on 3/9/2011 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of the precious few NARS lipsticks that I dislike; despite being generally hailed as wearable on nearly all complexions, it just does not work for me. When I use it, there is no semblance of "dusty rose" in this shade at all -- it's definitely a garish terracotta, and its base is more orange than pink or rose. I think it would probably work better for warmer complexions. For reference, I'm very fair (NW5-10; NARS Siberia) and cooler complected.

on 3/4/2011 11:50:00 AM

Amazing shade for an everyday lipstick. Formula is good, lasts longer on me than most other lipsticks. It's probably the most used one in my collection.

on 3/4/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am really glad I bought this lipstick as the color is so pretty and natural. It looks like a nice pick me up for the face. however it isn't that original. my burts bees lipgloss in raspberry gives a similar result so probably won't repurchase.

on 2/12/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading all the good reviews. I bought this at Sephora. Its truly MLBB. Its about 1 or 2 shades darker than my lips. It feels moisturizing and nice on. No smell. Staying power is ok. Color is a medium rosey color, with light shine. I can see why everyone loves this. The prettiest shade I've had and my first Nars liptick. It is too expensive. 26 bucks with tax is insane but like the saleslady at Sephora said "Its an investment" so I felt less guilty about the splurge. It really seems like an everyday lipstick, one coat for more natural and more coats for more bold color. Its simply beautiful and I love it.

on 2/10/2011 10:45:00 PM

Creamy textured lipstick with a nice consistency and perfect color for my NC20 complexion, I like the feel of this on my lips. The staying power is good and I use it with and without gloss for different looks. I like Nars' lipsticks and find that they are usually worth the money.

Recommended for Medium Skin