October 22, 2014 | 2006 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My has been selling Mary Kay ever since I was a little girl, the only reason I do not like this product is because for a "medium-coverage" foundation it leaves my skin looking extremely cakey. It does not look natural at all! I do not like it.

EDIT: So I recently started using this foundation again but this time with a foundation brush and not the sponge and I must say I completely change my mind about this foundation. I guess foundation really also has to do with the way you apply it and with what. I like that I started using it again with the foundation brush, it comes out really beautiful and smooth, not cakey at all like I mentioned before in my review..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this mary kay foundation for years. It offers good buildable coverage, feels a bit sticky but dries to a good soft finish. I definitely required setting powder and touch ups thru-out the day to control oil, however I am extremely oily and I touch up ANY foundation that I have used.
Cons of this products are dealing with the Mary Kay Reps. I am not a fan of the "facial parties" nor the pushy tactics they use to get you to purchase the products. The price is good but once you purchase you are then on their calling/email list and it's all about getting you to become a rep yourself. This is the reason I do not use this anymore, I now walk into a drug store and buy Revlon colorstay and amazingly the girl behind the counter takes my money hassle free!!!

Good products just not a fan of the company.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jeki14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation based on the recommendation of a Mary Kay sales rep who convinced me that it would work for my oily/combination skin. Upon trying it out, I was really not impressed. i bought the color "Ivory 200" which is a light ivory color with yellow undertones (in the TUBE). When I first put the foundation on my skin the colour seemed right. However, after about 15 or 20 minutes, the foundation changed colour and had a slightly pink and ashy tone to it, completely unlike the original colour. The coverage I wouldn't even rightfully say is "medium", it is in fact very sheer and I had to layer on about 2 layers of this foundations, after which I still saw dark circles under my eyes. The texture was "sticky" and hard to blend. After the foundation set on my face and dried, my face literally felt tight and I felt like I was wearing a "mask". It failed to control the oiliness on my face. After about 30 minutes my T-zone was shiny while my cheeks and the areas under my eyes look really dry (NOT good). I was so dissapointed in this product that I returned it and got a refund.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by kcleejackson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Broke me out bad. I like some of Mary kays products but I have sensitive skin so this did not work. I like the Mineral Powder foundation better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by jesslla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like the lid on this tube of foundation AT ALL. It is too heavy for the tube and I am often knocking the tube over in my medicine cabinet. Otherwise I love this product. The ivory 104 shade matches my peaches and cream complexion perfectly and I love how little of it I use to cover my entire face. It doesn't control the oil on my nose as much as it claims it does, but my face feels and looks smooth and clean when I'm wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jill28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this foundation in a swap earlier this week and have been using it every day not. So far, I relaly like it. I don't have oily skin so I didn't notice anything in that department but it has great coverage thats really natural looking. Not mask-like, no caking, no smudge. It's a great foundation, I prefer powder but this liquid is something I will continue to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, especially because the price is so affordable compared to the high end stuff I usually use. Alas, it made me break out, and once my skin got worse, it did not cover up the blemishes at all. It goes on great and controls the oiliness on my skin - but I can't stand how it made ALL my existing pimples larger and inflame into whiteheads. Sad to say I'll be returning it and not buying Mary Kay again :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by kateiskate

I wouldn't say that this product is my HG, but it's a great product. I have oily skin and tend to look like a frying pan after 2 hours of applying my make up. This, however, helped lessen the oiliness of my face. I still got oily, but not as much as when I used bare minerals, everyday minerals, or revlon colorstay.

the only thing i don't really like about it is that it's liquid. I prefer powder foundations just to save me more time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation in Bronze 507. I have been using daily for about 3 years. This is my HG foundation. I began using on a whim. I started selling MK as a side job about 4 years ago. I didn't use most of the products, but I had many friends who did and decided to become a consultant. Anyway, they kept telling me how great the foundations were and I was using MAC and ending up with an orange, greasy mess on my face everyday and I figured this couldn't be any worse. I tried the Bronze 607, 600 and 507. Bronze 600 was too brown and 607 was too red. 507 has a nice golden color to it and it looks too light for me, but blends beautifully into my skintone. My favorite thing about this foundation is the way it dries quickly to a nice semi-matte finish, and it covers all flaws without being masky looking. I also dislike that it dries quickly, because you have to blend fast or it won't look right.
I use a variety of powders depending on the season. In winter and spring I use MAC C7 in summer and fall I use MAC MSFN in Dark or I use Dark if I want more color in my skin. I use MAC Blot Powder in Dark, but I rarely need to use it, as this foundation keeps the oilies away, for me.

Pros: Nice color match, dries quickly, $14 ($7 for me), lasts all day, squeeze bottle, a little goes a long way, buildable coverage.

Cons: Cannot buy in store; dries quickly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by briii

i bought this foundation and i got the full coverage one free. ive found that theres not that much of a difference between the two except the full coverage one is more oily, so if you have oily skin go for this one. i really like this foundation alot. i usually stick with cream foundationd because theyre not too thick and this foundation was amazing for a liquid foundation. its coverage is enough for me, and it doesnt look cakey or thick. my one complaint is the lasting power could be better. the only way it lasts long for me is if i use a setting powder with it. but overall its a great foundation.