July 31, 2014 | 993 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I am mixed on this eyeliner. I use the dark brown and the color is perfect and application is easy, however I use it to line my upper lid but not for my water line, as it smudges/runs not long after applying it and I have to keep cleaning the dark from under my eyes. So good for upper eyeliner but not lower in my opinion. The best eyeliner for not smudging that I have found is urban decays 24/7 pencil but its pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my HOLY GRAIL of eyeliner...It's perfect for the cat eye/winged look...because of how much control it allows you to have...The tip is stiff and allows you to make perfect precise lines...thick OR thin... It's matte and REALLY dark/black...I've tried SO many other liquid liners and I always hate them because this is so much more superior. I'll be using this product my whole life. Also, it doesn't smudge or come off the whole day. I use this at like 8 AM and come home at around 5 and it doesn't budge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lizardfield

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite liquid liner. I see some people have beef with the felt applicator but I love it. I use the skinny tip to basically draw an outline and then use the side to fill it in. It makes for really quick application. It's really opaque too which is the biggest problem I've had with other liquid liners. I do remember once when I stored it for travel the top broke so the product dried out. An understandable incident, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by stylt

I have this product in two shades: Blackest Black and Black Brown. My Blackest Black one is the JAPANESE FORMULATION (which I believe is different from the American one) and my Black Brown is the AMERICAN FORMULATION. Because I have noticed differences in them, I will treat them separately in this review.

Blackest Black (the Asian one) is hands-down my HG liquid liner. It is super pigmented, absolutely smudgeproof (on my REALLY oily lids, which is a pretty big deal since I haven't found any other liner which can do that), lasts all day, and washes off easily with water. It has a 'flocked tip' which is more flexible than the felt-tip of the American one, and is more like a pointed sponge than a brush/felt tip. The fact that it's a sponge makes it a bit harder to use since it flops around a bit more than the felt tip, but is still much easier to use than a brush.

Black Brown (the American one) used to be working great for me but lately it's starting to act a bit strangely. First off, it has the felt-tip which is nice and firm, and I LOVE it -- so easy to use and so handy. Initially, the black-brown color comes out super pigmented and was smudgeproof but still washable with water, giving a really nice natural finish. But lately, I don't know what's going on with it but it just suddenly became really sheer. I've tried shaking it prior to using it but it still comes off as more a tint when I apply it than actual color. I think it might be getting old or something, but I'm a bit peeved seeing as I still have a lot of product left, and haven't even had it for that long.

So in a nutshell, the Asian version has a harder to use applicator (entirely dependent on how flexible you like your applicators to be, though) , but the product is far superior to the American version. Nonetheless, both versions have a relatively easy to use applicator, and a formulation that is both easily washable, yet smudgeproof, which makes them great eyeliners in my book!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by kisskissbangbang1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using this product for about 2 years and overall, I like it. PROS: I personally love the fact the the felt tip is stiff because it creates a more distinct line. I buy it in blackblack and love of dark and glossy it looks CONS: Although the eyeliner is waterproof, after wearing it for an hour or two, I always have a dark black line on the top of my lid from the eyeliner "transferring". So every hour or so I have to go to the bathroom and fix my makeup.

I've been trying to find a new 'everyday' eyeliner for years but find this one to be the most reliable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by fallenrainxx

I bought this because I like the Revlon ColourStay line of products. This is my first liquid eyeliner and I have to say it's really good! It's not hard to be very precise with this liner because of the felt tip. The colour is intense and pigmented. Generally, this liner stays on all day (towards the end of a long day it will smudge a bit but nothing major). Great for a student looking for a cheap and available, but good liner. I also wear contacts and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I already repurchased a second one (one of these will last you ~4 months if you wear it every single day).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great liquid eyeliner! It was a little harder for me to apply because it has a stiff brush. I'm more used to the soft, felt tip brush that the Maybelline Stiletto has. The eyeliner stays on all day and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Ellie216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at WalMart for $4.97. I had tried Maybelline's liquid eyeliner before this and hated it. I love this! The only time I've seen it smudge under my eye is when I took a nap. It usually lasts all day for me though, which is great because I have oily eyelids. The black is VERY black, too! I think the price is really good because I've had this bottle for quite a while and it still seems really full.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is truly the only liquid eyeliner that I've ever tried, but I am not at all tempted to stray away! It works just right for me. It lasts all day and can be built up for a dramatic look, but isn't too overbearing. The felt tip applicator is just the right size to glide the liner right across the lash line and even get in between lashes. Such a great liquid liner for a good price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think there are better liquid liners on the market.
This is just OKAY not great, not terrible, just meh.

The pros:
The brush is super thin and can make sparse eye lashes look fuller because of the ability to get to the eyelash line.For women with thin tiny lashes this is helpful.
The color is beautiful. I chose a brown and it is true to a dark brown.
Easy to use handle. Especially if you are new at wings.

The cons:
Overpriced for the amount in the container. $8.00 for 0.08 fluid oz
The negative about the thin brush is if you want to use a thicker line, you can not get into the tiny bottle with a larger brush. You have to love the brush that comes with this bottle.
Lasting power is okay. Better than a pencil but not better than other liquid liners on the market.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No