April 18, 2014 | 1790 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by missanonymous168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my shiz! My skin is very oily and acne prone since moving to NYC. I don't mind that it has a little bit of alcohol in it, I appreciate it's drying powers because it helps keep my oily face shine free during the day! Moving to NYC made my skin crazy, it hasn't stopped breaking out until I moved out of NYC. This product has made a significant contribution to my acne's improvement. Great price, big bottle with lots of product, AND it's actually effective? Try it. Also: Google "witch hazel uses"

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend of mine convinced me that toners are the only way to go to get clear radiant skin. I've always been skeptical about toners and astringents because i feel as if they are stripping off the so called 'good oils' and depleting skin of natural oils that are produced. I have tried a handful of toners in the past from brands such as neutrogena, acne-free, proactiv, and clinique. All of them felt great when initially applying. My skin felt refreshed like i was getting a deep down clean and my pores appeared smaller. It wasn't until the next morning that i woke up that my skin appeared to be blotchy, dry, and tight. I swore that i would never use toners again and would skip that step in my routine. It wasn't until i was introduced to witch hazel toner which is 100% natural and oil-free. Initially the smell turned me off but i am very used to it now. I have used witch hazel "dickinsons" brand for about 3 months now and i have to say i am impressed. My skin is less blotchy and uneven and my skin is not irritated at all. I think its a great step in removing makeup before bed and helps topical treatments better absorb into the skin. While witch hazel did not completely clear my acne, i feel that my skin is making progress and hopefully one day i can say i am acne free!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mrskittypepper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after a friend raved about how well it works as a facial toner. After checking the ingredients in many many toners I noticed they all have witch hazel so I figured I would give it a try. I add tea tree oil to my bottle to help with acne and it works pretty well, I can't say this is the product that takes away my acne because it hasnít really changed since after using it. I think it is refreshing and the reason I will continue to purchase is because it really helps to get rid of dirt left behind after cleansing not to mention unlike most toners this one is pretty affordable. AND they dont test on animals which for me is a BIG BIG plus :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cpalencia87

I love this. I use it instead of a toner to help with my oily skin and let tell you ever since ive been using it not only is my skin less oili but the very visible pores on my face have minimized. My routine is.. i cleanse my face and apply this and then my moisturizer. I do this twice a day. Amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use this daily. I usually remove all my makeup, cleanse my face with Olay total effects nourishing cream cleanser, then use this all over my face and neck, then I apply a moisturizer. My skin is clean and and I haven't had a pimple since I've been using it with my skin care regimen. My skin is combo oily and dry. This doesn't dry out the dry spots on my face and definitely helps control the oil on my face. Love love it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I've heard so much about Witch Hazel, even before noticing that they sell it across the shelves in Australian grocers ! If you have an eye for detail, you'll notice it's one of the main ingredients in many skincare products (especially the ones targeted towards acne prone skin).

At 250ml for merely AUD 5, there really isn't much to contemplate about. And I'm glad I made the purchase. It pretty much works like any other toner that I've used before except that it does come with a scent that takes some getting used to. The good news is the scent does not linger on.

It's extremely gentle and does not dry out the skin, despite containing 14% of alcohol as indicated on the packaging of the bottle. I think Witch Hazel is amazing for calming down inf lammed skin. As a quick pimple treatment, I soak a cotton pad with this product and leave it onto the affected area for about 5 minutes. It does calm the skin down, and you'll notice that your pimple seems less inflamed in the next couple days.

I highly recommend this toner...for the price, and the things it delivers, you really get the biggest bang for your buck !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The 14% alcohol that this product contains was WAY TOO HARSH for my face as a toner & I don't really have sensitive skin. I can use products with witch hazel in the ingredients but not witch hazel straight up by itself.

I don't really get hurt except for minor scratches or paper cuts and whatnot so I have no use for this product as a cleaning agent. It is useless for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing and simple!! I have only been using this witch hazel for 3 months and just from using this every night after exfoliating, I am not wearing as much make up as I used to my skin just feels good and looks clear!! The smell can get you for the first few times of use but i am completely immune to it now! I would recommend to anyone!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a ok toner. I don't fell like it does anything to my skin. I also hate the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this on my skin since I was a teenager.
As a teenager, I used this on my oily skin as a gentle but effective astringent (Sea Breeze was often too harsh to use all over my face and I hated the sticky residue Sea Breeze left behind).
Now that I am in my 30s, my skin (on my face at least) is normal (no excessive oil and no excessive dryness). I use this now as a toning cleanser.
STEP 1: I use a baby wipe to remove most of my makeup.
STEP 2: I follow up with coconut oil to remove any residual eye makeup.
STEP 3: I use witch hazel (sometimes mixed with equal parts of more expensive toners, like Organix's Teatree Willow Bark Oil Control Toner).
STEP 4: I sometimes use a mix of grapeseed oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil first and then follow up with witch hazel as a toner. Other times, I use the witch hazel first and then use the oil mixture second to allow for the oils to really sink into the skin. Sometimes I use witch hazel only! It all depends on my mood, how my skin feels, and if I am leaving the house (and putting on makeup) or staying home.
I used to be embarrassed to admit that I sometimes just used a baby wipe and witch hazel to clean my face. But I have just come to realize that witch hazel not only tightens pores, but it cleans, too! It has worked for me for many years and I get many compliments on my skin. It has never, ever dried my skin (unlike other cleansers and toners). This is a staple. It stinks (it has a woody-herbal scent that does not linger), but it's a winner.