Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 11/8/2013 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bye Bye Proactiv...HELLO Dickinson's! Never will I ever use ANYTHING called "Witch Hazel!!" is what I personally vowed to myself during my teenage years. Really? Put something on my face called "WITCH HAZEL??" But, I renege (throwing both hands up). I really have never had "problem" skin which is more than fortunate. I have had a few bouts of WTF skin issues that blindsided me in recent years to the point where I spent tons of money on product after product trying to just stablize my skin and keep it relatively blemish free and this product has absolutely done it for me. I added DICKINSON'S to my skin care routine about two months ago and I have noticed a marked difference in the clarity of my skin; specifically, my pores. It seems that since I added witch hazel to my routine my pores have decreased in size making my face look a lot smoother and more even. I want to be as clear as possible with the point I am making here: Witch Hazel alone did not perform any miracles, but incorporated into a consistant regimen and drinking plenty of water you will definitely see results in a fair amount of time. I picked it up from my local Rite Aid and it was about $6. This is definitely a product worth having because it is easy to find, inexpensive, and simple to use. It would be great if it were to come in a well-pump bottle, but that's not a dealbreaker because you can find those anywhere and just pour it from its original bottle into the well-pump anytime. Not to mention the generous quantity you get for the money.

~A. Starr

on 11/8/2013 9:51:00 AM

I have a love/hate thing going on with using toners, so much so that I've forgotten I own a bottle of this.
I've decided to try using it again and mixed a capsule of Clindamycin(sp?) to help treat and prevent zits. I used it everyday for 2 1/2 weeks and although it worked a treat in the beginning, by the end of it I've noticed that my skin looked "distressed" & turns pink easily. I've noticed a few small bumps along my cheeks and forehead too. Because of that, I've stopped using it for a while and "cured" my complexion by applying Physiogel lotion to my face nightly. I'm only using this on my face once a week and whenever I wear heavy makeup, and that seems to be working better. However, it is perfectly effective in fighting breakouts in the chest and back areas. Just decant some in to a small spray bottle and spray to those hard-to-reach areas to your heart's content. :)

on 11/3/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as my all around toner in the A.M. after I get out of the shower, put my styling products in my hair and then use this on a cotton round to get any hair styling products off my skin.

My hair flops around a bit until I get everything under control and a couple swipes of this on your face takes care of it unless you want to layer styling products, facial lotion and makeup Anyways works for me!

on 11/2/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

So inexpensive and so worth it to give this a shot, YALL.

It feels good on the skin and I swear it can help heal acne. My problem is I pile on too many products and I'm obsessed with skincare that I can irritate myself lol.

This stuff is very mild and I think pretty effective

on 11/1/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love witch hazel!!!
I got the worst breakout ever back in the day and was going to buy a toner from the grocery store. I read the ingredients at one line, and they were all primarily witch hazel! I ran to the drugstore and bought some- less than 2$ later, my perfect toner! girls, save the money and your skin!

on 11/1/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Why must companies put so much alcohol in products? This contains a harsh amount and resulted in red, irritated skin. My pimples did not reduce and the existing ones looked worse than before. I used this for 4 months + while noticing this but I liked the fact that it removed any make up left after cleansing which is why I kept using it. I've realised now that I have very sensitive skin and that I need to avoid alcohol as much as I can. I wouldn't recommend this for use on the face unfortunately.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff! Even though it smells like reeeally strong vodka (lol) it doesn't bother me too bad. It removes oil, doesn't feel sticky , and leaves my skin feeling clean. It's great for treating breakouts too. For the price, you can't go wrong!

on 10/28/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't really see any change in my skin after using this. I apply this after I wash my face with the dove beauty bar and pat dry. I use a cotton ball to wipe it all over my face and wait for it to dry. For some reason it makes my skin feel sticky and tight.
Pros: gets rid of excess oils, is gentle enough to use after exfolliating.

The main thing I didn't like was the smell

on 10/27/2013 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is refreshing. I liked to mix a little lavender essential oil. However it can be quite harsh, so make sure you moisturise.

on 10/21/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dickinson's Witch Hazel isn't any different from the no-name witch hazel you can get in the first aid aisle of your local drugstore. The only difference is that it costs more. Save your money.

Edit: I never thought I would repurchase this witch hazel, because it costs so much more than the no-name brand for the same product. However, I was in the health food store and saw a tiny bottle of this for less than $1.00 dollar. It's the perfect size for my medicine cabinet and works great for traveling. It's just as cheap as buying one of those empty travel containers, except this actually contains product! And when it's empty I can always refill from the larger no-name brand bottle. While I still think the large bottle is overpriced, I've added a lippie for this excellent tiny sized gem.

Popular Face Skincare Products