January 24, 2015 | 1831 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by liegarcez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hairstylist told me to use that. I have ombre highlights and hair straightening, and I must take care of my hair a lot so it don't look dry or too damaged. I already had pink hair, green hair, black, blond, red... all the possible color, so my hair is a little weak, after many years searching for the perfect hair product my hairstylist show me the K pak line. I wash it 2 or 3 times a week (and I use dry shampoo too!) and once a week I use Deep penetrating and Intense Hydrator. Deep penetrating alone already does the job, but to intensify I like the Hydrator a lot! I wash with a clear(transparent) shampoo, after I use Keune Cool Blond shades shampoo, rinse, then Joico Deep penetrating, let it for 5-10 min, rinse and then use the conditioner or the Hydrator, more 5-10 min, rinse and done.
My hair is always soft and shiny! Can't leave without it! Totally worth!
The smell maybe strong for some ppl, looks like banana or some sweet fruity tropical something, the texture is totally like 'soupy oatmeal', 1st time I used it I thought it was rotten or something! At the beginning you may thing that your hair looks like heavy and kinda hard, but try using the conditioner after the deep penetrating, it works.
Well, I just love it and recommends for everybody to try! I also use the Smoothing Balm and the Leave-in Protectant, both Joico K-pak line!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by RudolphGrizzly

The best deep conditioning product I've used. I've always taken good care of my hair but over the last year, as a result of highlighting and blow drying my hair regularly it became uncontrollably damage. I tried Bumble & Bumble Deep, Redken Real Control, Aveda Damage Remedy and Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Estrem; all are good, but not good enough for my level of damage or as good as this. It's allowed me to have shiny, bouncy, elastic hair again. (Though I do try to minimize the amount of blow drying I do so I don't go back to having frizzy, lifeless, broken overly bleached hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by beccafly18

I LOVE this product. I have curly hair, which is naturally dry. I got this as a freebie from Ulta, and I noticed results after my first use: My hair was immediately shinier, less frizzy, and had beautiful curl formation. I use this product a couple times a week (which is on the high end of how often it should be used), and I am always pleased with the results. Just be sure not to use it too often, as the protein can build up in your hair. I bought some for my mom too. I definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Definitely does smell like old bananas. It's texture is like a soupy oatmeal. When applying it, it does tangle my hair into knots, and makes it really dry. I rinse it out for about 7 minutes to ensure it's all removed, since it causes breakage if it's not completely removed from the hair. I follow it up with a deep conditioner for about 45 minutes. I would not repurchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Bubby624

One of my favorite products! It's one of the few haircare products that I always go back to and use on a regular basis. I work at a hair salon and have an endless supply of products to choose from but this is still one of the best in my opinion. My hair is baby fine, colored with a high lift blonde, and then highlighted with 40 volume bleach. I shampoo my hair almost everyday (terrible, I know) and blow-dry/flatiron on an almost daily basis. I switch up my shampoos but still use this product every week or 10 days and follow immediately with Joico intense hydrator. You cannot overuse this product!! It has a strong protein and can cause more harm than good when overused. If you continue to layer protein on protein, it will dry the hair out and cause more breakage. It is also extremely important to follow with a condioner. A protein treatment is not meant to moisturize the hair. If you don't follow with a conditioner, preferably a deep conditioner, you will likely be left with dry, crunchy ends. Another plus to the reconstructor is that my hair is not plastered to my hair like it is with some others. My only fault with the packaging is the lid can snap easily if dropped. The smell is nothing great, but is mostly pleasant. Only use this product if you need it, I wouldn't recommend it as a preventive measure. It is a reconstructor for a reason. Overall, a great product with a decent price that I will continue to use and recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jessii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is honestley one of the best hair treatments.
From the first time i used it it made my hair so smooth & healthy . My hair was dry so i bourght this & it was amazing . It helped with my ends and made it smell so yummy . Ive had this for quite a while & notice it dosnt do as much help as it used to but i love this (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by posey00

this is honestly the best ever.
i am so happy with this product it is amazing.
and this product deserves a five.

i have thick hair and it is dry and weak from the ends anyway my routine is..

before putting this product on... i soak my hair with hot or warm water and i put this

product on .. after 3 minutes i rinse it because i am bored in this shower anyway i rinse

my hair with cold water so the moisture of the product can stay in my hair. After using

this product i seriously cut down on the leave ons and other things i am really happy and

relieved to have finally found my number one product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

well TALLY ME BANANA! hehe. there's not much i can say that hasn't already been said. clarifying shampoo, k-pak, deep condition. love it. (smells like a bananas foster which i liked but can see some people hating) I had results after one use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by beeettthhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really not sure what to think of this product. I have bleached hair and reconstructor is the best thing to put protein back into it. However I don't really feel much of a difference when using this, although I know it's not meant to make your hair feel soft it's meant to actually help the structure. I'd buy this again because I'm not sure if it may have actually stopped my hair from falling out- my hair is not shedding and snapping from bleach like it used to. I love the smell, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Dozhug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use this every now and then to give my thin, breakable hair a little love after a month of teasing, brushing and colouring. After shampooing my hair I massage it into the ends from the midlengths, then wrap it in a towell for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. It always leaves my hair feeling soft and gets rid of the dry, brittle feeling in the ends. Just be carefull not too use it too often or it will have a negative effect on your hair. Once a month works well for me.