BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 10/2/2011 10:39:00 PM

I had read mixed reviews about this, but after seeing amazing before and after pictures I decided to buy this. It doesn't brighten up my eyes at all, and it creases like crazy. The product tends to dry up, so every time I use it I have to rub the product for ages to 'dig' my way to the creamy stuff. I end up wasting a lot of product because of this. The compact would be great... If I could open it. I have to pry it open with a Bobby pin every time I use it. Overall, it doesn't do what benefit claims it will do and isn't worth the price. I won't repurchase. Don't waste your money.

on 9/25/2011 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

For someone with Indian skin (i've got brown skin not fair but not dark) this colour doesn't work so well for me. I use it as an under-eye concealer because I love the creaminess of it but the colour doesn't suit my skin tone so I have to use it sparingly.
However if it I use it on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow it does make it stay that little bit longer.

on 9/16/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is somewhat greasy IMO, but makes for a great base color when you have little time. I just apply this on my eyelids and go most of the time. I find that it does a good job, as long as I dont start touching my eyelids. I have tried this under my concealer (Boi-ing 1+2), but it didnt work out as nicely as I expected. Still, I like this for what it is. But the price could be lower and they could have included an applicator in the packaging.

on 9/14/2011 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I totally agree about using this as a primer... you will regret it if you do. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE this on my "no makeup" days. I pop this on my eyes with a little eyebright in the corners ... add some mascara and I look like I've had my full 8 hours !

on 9/14/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product can be heaven or hell, it depends on what you´re using it for. As a primer, it´s simply terrible. It creases like hell and ruins your eyeshadow. However, if you use it as a cream eyeshadow in disguise, it´s perfect. It covers all your eye lid discolourations. If your lids are purple or reddish this is the product you need. It erases all signs of tireness and gives you a rested, clean, awake look, BUT you must not wear eyeshadow or you´ll regret it because it will melt like wax. Just apply Lemon Aid all over your lids, put some mascara and that´s all. You´ll look fresh faced and polished.

on 8/18/2011 7:05:00 PM

I got a sample of this in the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit. I had heard very good things about it. Unfortunately I don't think it's that great. It does make your eyes brighter but goes on very thick and it's difficult to rub in. It also shows through any shadows that aren't neutral. The day that I got it I wore it under some purple eye shadow and it turned it a weird color. Then the next day I wore it under neutral shadows and it was ok but I can't see spending all that money on the full size one if you can only wear it under certain color shadows. I doubt I will buy this again

on 8/14/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think the reason so many people dont like this is because you are trying to use it as an eyeshadow primer which it isnt, its supposed to be used to cover up blue/purple veins on the lids, hence why it's yellow. You only need a small amount, warm it up a little on your fingers and then proceed to use. I think it works fantastically at hiding those pesky purple/blue veins on the eyelids, i then put powder eyeshadow ontop and i have no problem with creasing, however i guess all eyelids are different so some may experience a bit of creasing. The only thing i dont like about this is the packaging, i dropped mine and the lid fell off and wont stay on now which is annoying but id be sure to buy it again especially if they changed the packaging. (:

on 8/14/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an awful eyelid primer. It creases like nothing else I have ever seen! BUT it is great as a redness counteracting concealer! It works really well just dabbed on using a fine eyeliner brush and then set with powder. It also works to counteract red patches such as cheeks or breakout areas if I mix it with a primer and then apply foundation over it. I use this daily.

on 8/14/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this on my eyelids to cover the small purple veins. I have super fair skin and this stuff works well. I apply with my Bare minerals max concealer brush and blend. I use it when I don't plan on wearing any eyeshadow.

on 8/14/2011 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this product a few months ago in the confessions of a concealaholic kit. The only way I can use this product is if I mix it with either another concealer or another color corrector. On its own it just did not work for me at all. I used it on blemishes and it slid off in minutes...I used it as an eye primer with the same effect...and as an under eye concealer. With a slight tan the light yellow color was way too light to use anywhere on my face except as an eye brightener but it was way too transparent for that..It might work for people that are more fair or with different skin tones. I have fair skin in the winter but will not review this again because of the transparency and melt factors it has. I don't think anyone with major dark circles would be able to get this to cover them no matter what skintone. After an hour it creases and slides all over my face especially in the heat...it would just melt literally in front of my eyes! Even if I could get this to stay put on my face the color correcting yellow seemed to fade after a while and not seem to color correct as it did before but that could have been due to it disappearing in general. Overall, I will not be purchasing this product on it's own. I will try to use up what I have mixing it with different concealers and correctors until I find a better yellow color corrector. I use UDPP as my main eye primer and I'm sticking with that.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products