Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG-40 stearate, isodecyl oleate, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-4, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, isopropynyl butylcarbamate

on 1/23/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pretty good eye make up remover. This is the first eye make up remover I've ever tried so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I usually just use the old soap and water.

I loooove this eye makeup remover! It does its job wonderfully! It takes off the worst mascara and eyeshadow and it leaves my eyes moisturized and soft! Not oily! Will buy as long as Avon sells it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My mother, sisters and I have been using this for the longest time. It is creamy and does not sting my eyes. I did think it made my eyelids feel a bit greasy but that was when I used tissue or toilet paper to wipe it off. Now I put this on my eyes then take it off with wipes and it takes away that greasy feeling and also removes makeup a lot better. This is the only eye makeup remover that I actually like, except for this Olay Regenerist one that I have been trying out lately - they are pretty similiar.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product. I don't use waterproof mascara but I do use gel liners as liners and as a base and this removes it without a problem. You only need a tiny amount for each eye so one bottle will last a long while. I love that you just sort of gently rub it on and it does the work. No need to tug on sensitive eye tissue. I would say that it does feel a little greasy but after I've washed my face, the feeling is gone. It will blur your vision but in my case, it does not sting the eyes. It is effective and worth it for the price.

on 11/22/2010 7:48:00 PM

I've used this eye makeup remover for about a decade now. I've dabbled with other drug-store brands but have always returned to Avon. Here's why I love it: It's cheap and goes on sale regularly. The simple black-and-white bottle is attractive and easy to use -- no fuss, no muss. You don't need to use much product. It actually removes the makeup rather than pushing it around on my face (like some others I've tried!). I've gotten it in my eyes before, even while wearing my contacts, and it doesn't hurt. If you get it in your eye, it will make your vision temporarily blurry until you blink it out (I just wipe it out, as if I'm wiping sleep out of my eye). I carry a bottle of it in my purse so I know that even if I stay out partying, I'll never have an excuse to wake up while still wearing my makeup. Ultimately, it's cheap, it works, and it's foolproof.

on 11/14/2010 2:30:00 PM

best eye make-up remover ever. have very sensitive eyes and this has never irritated them once but takes off all my makeup easily

on 11/10/2010 1:43:00 PM

I have been using this eye make up remover for years! It takes everything off so easily and it's cheap!

on 11/9/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

@Barbiepinkaudi: it does smell, looks and feels like Elmers glue!!

On to the review now (though that IS part of my review). I got this in an offer (it came with a mascara -what I actually bought- and the weirdest tweezers I've seen) otherwise I would never think of buying this. The way I use it is by putting a little bit in a cotton pad and rubbing it in my eyes. I like the bottle it comes in and I like the creamy texture and the fact that it's really gentle, one of the few eye mu removers that doesn't sting my eyes, that's the good part. What I don't like about this is that I don't feel it removes all of my makeup, I don't get the fresh I-got-all-of-my-makeup-off feeling I get with other mu removers, also I have naturally oily lids but this makes my lids three times oilier... I'm not exaggerating. This is a good "in a pinch" product like if you run out of your favorite or are in a place where there's nothing else available... but I definitely wouldn't buy.

on 9/25/2010 11:40:00 PM

This stung my eyes like crazy! I've never had an eye makeup remover sting my eyes that bad. I hate the creamy texture, it is so greasy and even when you wash it off your face twice you can still feel the greasiness. This is the worst eye makeup remover that I've tried so far.

on 9/11/2010 1:05:00 PM

This is oil based, but I find it doesn't really leave my lids oily- it doesn't sting my eyes and effectively removes makeup, without any smell I can recall, so it's a great cheap eye makeup remover.