December 19, 2014 | 1286 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

This is my first foundation I have ever used. I use this over BB cream or just alone when I am in a rush. I use Shade 03 and it's matches my skin tone perfectly. I use a stippling brush since I like very minimal coverage and it manages to look very natural. It balances my redness around the nose and eyebrows which makes my skintone completely perfect! I must say though, this foundation does not really last too long. It's normally gone mid-day and I need to reapply which kind of layers it and makes it look a little bit cakey. But maybe it could be the lighting of the places I look in the mirror! I'm on the lookout for a long-wearing foundation soon but this one is in my good books for the perfect natural shade for me! It's a good foundation but with weak lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Pandorasbox7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My holy grail powder foundation! Have had a hard time finding a powder foundation for my light-yellow skin and here it is! I use it in #4 and it covers like a liquid foundation and also looks natural which is unbelieveable, considering the fact that I have sensitive, red , and acne-prone skin!(Yes what a lovely combination!)
It is extremely buildable from light to full coverage- I use full coverage and this stuff lasts all day during those 110 degree summer days. And the texture is a satin, creamy feeling yet very light on the skin. The ONLY drawback is the price so I always keep a look out on ebay for deals.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by MissyLuv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product!!...I got it during 50%off...it only cost $10...I have combination skin...NC 25 -30...I picked color #4...I used it on top of The body shop Vitamin C primer...even out skintone ...looks natural and flawless...perfect match and stays on without needs of blotting at midday...will def repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by maeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by gchen86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A couple years ago I ran in looking for a pressed powder/foundation for a touch up before dinner-- I've been using this ever since. Best impulse buy I've ever made! I do find that I must moisturize before using it, or else it sort of falls off, but I'd expect this of any powder foundation. Every so often I'll venture out and try something new, but I always find myself reaching for this one. It doesn't fail me-- ever. Another plus is the price, for $22 I have perfect makeup, doesn't get better than that (except during their sales!) Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by eebalch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this better than Everyday Minerals and many others I have tried. Need to use moisturizer or it looks chalky. Otherwise, it's a nice sheer coverage. I use a concealer under it for undereye area and any blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this during a 50% off make up event at The Body Shop, based on the excellent re-buy score here.
Texture & Finish: I really like the texture. It's very smooth, light/medium coverage powder. It's sufficient to even out minor redness and discolouration, but you'd need a separate concealer to cover up anything more than that (eg. acne). Quite matte, which I like, but it has enough of a sheen so that you don't look completely powdered up. It feels light and nice on the face, and always very very natural. I use the included sponge and pat it on dry. It is a little drying for drier skins. I have to moisturize well first. Wears well throughout the day.
Colour: yellow toned asian, NC 20. [UPDATE: The shade numbers have been changed since my review. I now use shade 03.] I've been wearing it daily from morning until night and it does not oxidize on me :)
Repurchase? Yes, next time a sale rolls around... (update: I have repurchased :D)
SPF:The packaging does not advertise it, but this foundation contains octinoxate, a UVB sunscreen filter (a.k.a. ethylhexyl methoxycinnammate or octyl methoxycinnamate). If you wear sunscreen under your foundation, be aware that this ingredient is not compatible with avobenzone, a UVA filter, so that the UV protection could be compromised. But the extent to which the little amount of powder you apply can affect it, I don't know... continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Sour

When I first bought this foundation I thought it was a dream, being an all-in-one foundation thingy. I have to say, it does even out my skin tone and it makes my face look more uniform in general, but I find it to be a tad drying. Even when I moisturize before hand it is still way too drying for me. Im content with using this for now, but Im still definitely on the look out for the REAL all-in-one foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by serrahccentric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG face base aside from MAC! I consumed 4 pans of this! I have started buying this ever since a Makeup Consultant from TBS (my makeup artist too!) introduced me in this powder. I love the silky feel which is comparable to Chanel! If you feel you dont want to use makeup and feel that your skin looks tired and blah - - try using this! You can even try this alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by plasticwh0re

I wrote that I wouldn't buy this again because it does not stay on for long! Even with primer. :( The coverage is pretty good but it's a shame that it's gone by mid day.