August 21, 2014 | 1726 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Before I hated this concealer because it used to be so drying. Now they've changed it and now it creases, even with powder! Wt? I can't seem to win.

Also the colors are weird. I wear Ivory 2 so ordered ivory 2 concealer and it was pinkish gray--gross. So consultant said ivory 1 was my color and just as I remembered this is so yellow it looks like corrector. Again can't seem to win. Time to move on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by cowbellyoursocksoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! I am 23 and have been using this product since I was 12. I use beige and it has a little bit of a yellow undertone which works well with my skin tone. I have always had dark circles under my eyes, and this works very well to cover them without disappearing mid-day. It also works well with covering redness. It is thick but not cake-y. A little bit goes a long way. This is my HG, I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by infirmierabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer works really well for me. It covers my under eye circles well. It works very well with the Mary Kay foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mariahermosillo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product like a month ago, and the 1st time i wore it was very dry on my skin. but like last week i ran out of foundation, so i mixed the concealer on my finger on mixed it with moisturizer (i used lubriderm) and applied it as if it was foundation... I LOVED IT! i also applied only a little bit, so a little goes a long way

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by miranda20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was really disappointed with this. i expected something better from mary kay. i used the yellow under-eye concealer and i was not impressed by it. it didn't seem to cover all that well, and it got cakey after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by guardgurl90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't break out very often but when I do, I get those pimples that are really big and are both red (the base) and white (the very tip). I end up picking at them so I have a lot of pimple scars on my face. Not only does this concealer cover the scars, but also covers most of the large pimples so that they look very small. I use the Mary Kay foundation over it. From using these two products, people think I have perfect skin but I really don't. The bad thing about it is that it feels really cake-y even though it doesn't look like it is. As for under eye circles, it really works if you use the right foundation. My under eye circles are really dark and go about 2 fingers below my eyes. I used to use the cover girl foundation but it didn't cover the dark circles. The Mary Kay foundation was the only one that really worked well with the concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer works really well to conceal blemishes. I don't get undereye circles, so I can't say how well it works for that. I use Ivory 2 in the winter and Beige in the summer and apply it with a concealer brush. The packaging is nice and hygienic. I got it for $5 on ebay. I'll keep using it until I can find an organic or natural concealer that compares.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by blackprincessxo

i gave this a 4 because i have to mix colors bronze 1 and bronze 2 because bronze 2 is too red for me, but im lovin it so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by SalescoopCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mary Kay is a fine makeup brand-- they have a lot of hypo-allergic makeup which is good for women who have sensitive skin. I personally, think their cover up is a bit watery, but that's just me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I was very skeptical about this concealer when my friend told me about it, saying that it was on Oprah's favourite things and named as the best concealer by numerous publications... well, count me among one of the converted! This concealer has made the dark circles under eye area disappear! And it stays put ALL DAY LONG, without fading, or settling into fine lines, and has not caused any milia.

However, there was a learning curve in using this concealer (and I only use this for my under eye area, can't really speak for covering blemishes). First, the formula is very 'dry' and pigmented. When I used it for the first time, I didn't like how it would just sit on skin and not blend at all. Then I began using a light eye cream underneath it, which made all the difference. Now I use MAC's Fast Response eye cream, which is an awesome product in itself, and then I apply the MK concealer over top. As with all under eye concealers, I use my ring finger and a tapping motion to apply for the best natural looking results.

The second issue I had with this concealer was the colour selection. I chose "beige 1" to begin with, and although it was an acceptable match to my NC30 complexion, I found it to be a bit ashy looking. I decided to get the "beige 2" to see if it was better. I found beige 2 to be a little too golden and dark on its own. So, now I wear this concealer by mixing a dab of beige 1 and 2 together. The resulting colour is absolute perfection.

For reference, I had been using MUFE's Lift Concealer (shade #3) prior to this, and even though it's a great concealer, I found that it tended to fade through the day, and when I come home in the evenings, I can see that my dark circles are visible. In the past, I have tried many other concealers for my dark circles, but I find that the MK concealer combines the best attributes of all the concealers that I have found. It wears really well through the day, so that my concealer looks as good at 8pm, as it did at 8am. The price is very reasonable, at $12.50 CAD for a 8.5g tube, even buying the 2 tubes to get my colour match, it's cheaper than the MUFE Lift concealer. A very tiny dab of this concealer is all I need to cover both my under eye area, so I suspect these 2 tube will last me well over 12 months. I may end up having to replace them before I actually run out of product. Highly recommended, and will continue using unless something changes with my skin, or if it doesn't hold up well on my skin during the winter months.