November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Scent is waaaaay too strong for me!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the body shop body butters and i thought i would love this one but the smell was so overpowering it made me feel physically sick i used it twice and it was left sitting on my shelf. In the end i threw it out. It was nice and moisturising but unfortunately i just couldn't stand the smell of this one. It would of been nice with a little less fragrance to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the smell. I use it on my face rather than my whole body and it works well. I'm waiting for it to go on sale so I can get it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

Delicious scent that turns unpleasant after applied on the skin. Rich, buttery consistency and slightly oil residue. Not moisturizing enough on my very dry skin despite copious application. No repurchase – doesn’t eradicate dry skin nor smells good once applied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the packaging and the smell. But I can't justify buying this when I get the same results using a drugstore brand lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I love the scent of coconut. Infact I chose this scent in particular just so I could smell it on me for the entire day. It moisturizes pretty well but can be greasy if you use too much. I do think it's a bit expensive for what it is, where I can get two big bottles of Palmer's cocoa butter for the price of one tub of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using this for years and I believe nothing can replace it. The smell is yummy, might heavy for some but I really like it. It's like real coconuts with a hint of chocolate! I can even smell it the next day on my skin and the sheets, hehe!
The texture is creamy and quite thick, but not annoying.
Moisturisation is amazing and along with the smell is the reason why I buy this over and over again although it's pricey.
And I also like the tab 'cause there is no product wasted!

A con is that it can be too much during the summer.

Edit: minus one lippie and ''no'' for repurchasing. I don't know if my taste or my body chemistry has changed but I just opened a new tub and smells very artificial. Too bad...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love, love the Body Shop Body Butters!!!!!!!!! Coconut is one of the more hydrating butters, and the smell reminds me of summer. I like to use this body butter especially in the winter when my skin gets super dry. It can be slightly greasy, but I put it on before bed (with sweats or cotton pj pants) and when I wake up my skin is incredibly soft and smooth. The price is a little on the expensive side, but keep an eye out and you can stock up for more reasonable price when they are on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I love this! It feels super luxurious on your skin, but it's definitely to use it in winter when your skin tends to be drier in the cold..And of course the smell is delicious, and reminds of a sunny beach holiday :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. I wash my hands a lot during the day and this helps keep them soft and not sore in between. The smell is great but not over powering. I wish you didnt have to dip your fingers in to get it out, I hate when it gets under my finger nails. But really moisturizing and not greasy at all.