August 27, 2014 | 1594 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the packaging and the smell. But I can't justify buying this when I get the same results using a drugstore brand lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I love the scent of coconut. Infact I chose this scent in particular just so I could smell it on me for the entire day. It moisturizes pretty well but can be greasy if you use too much. I do think it's a bit expensive for what it is, where I can get two big bottles of Palmer's cocoa butter for the price of one tub of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using this for years and I believe nothing can replace it. The smell is yummy, might heavy for some but I really like it. It's like real coconuts with a hint of chocolate! I can even smell it the next day on my skin and the sheets, hehe!
The texture is creamy and quite thick, but not annoying.
Moisturisation is amazing and along with the smell is the reason why I buy this over and over again although it's pricey.
And I also like the tab 'cause there is no product wasted!

A con is that it can be too much during the summer.

Edit: minus one lippie and ''no'' for repurchasing. I don't know if my taste or my body chemistry has changed but I just opened a new tub and smells very artificial. Too bad...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love, love the Body Shop Body Butters!!!!!!!!! Coconut is one of the more hydrating butters, and the smell reminds me of summer. I like to use this body butter especially in the winter when my skin gets super dry. It can be slightly greasy, but I put it on before bed (with sweats or cotton pj pants) and when I wake up my skin is incredibly soft and smooth. The price is a little on the expensive side, but keep an eye out and you can stock up for more reasonable price when they are on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I love this! It feels super luxurious on your skin, but it's definitely to use it in winter when your skin tends to be drier in the cold..And of course the smell is delicious, and reminds of a sunny beach holiday :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. I wash my hands a lot during the day and this helps keep them soft and not sore in between. The smell is great but not over powering. I wish you didnt have to dip your fingers in to get it out, I hate when it gets under my finger nails. But really moisturizing and not greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought this at my local Sephora. I was originally going to buy the one in Mango but I thought that Coconut smelled better. I love this product so much! Every time I apply this on my hands and arms, it smells like I'm on the beach in Florida. Sadly, I don't live by a beach but I love going to Florida:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by luna1218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this butter! It's a very subtle, creamy coconut. I love it for summer and every time i wear it, someone says "You smell like coconut, i like it." I prefer not to use it on my legs however, because it doesn't sink in very well and leaves an icky sticky feeling, and when you wear pants it feels disgusting. So i'll use it at night and it has tons of time so absorb. I only took off a lippie because it can feel very sticky, which i don't like. It's more of a bed-time moisturizer. Also, i have cats and with such a sticky product on my skin ... well, it's just not pleasant. Good moisture for my dry skin though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

TBS Body Butters run for $20 a jar and it lasts me forever! It's a thick consistency because it's for drier skin. But for me, I bought it just becuz I love the smell and it is the only body butter/lotion I use!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this body butter in a small size in a christmas gift set, and I've been using it every night on my hands before I go to sleep. While they do feel moisturized after use, it wears off. It's doing nothing for my dry cuticles despiste rubbing the body butter around them every night. I do like the thick, creamy consistency of this; however both myself and my boyfriend think that this product smells more like cream cheese than coconut......