The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

on 3/15/2012 6:29:00 PM

The butter just sits on the skin, feels sticky and transfers onto everything you wear. Eventually the coconut smell fades and you're left with this peculiar smell.

on 3/13/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin, and am a lotion junkie, so I have tried countless lotions and creams, and I feel that Body Shop Body Butters are some of the best. I keep a collection of them on hand so I can choose one that fits my current mood or matches well with the perfume I plan to wear that day. The coconut is a staple because of its intense moisturizing qualities, and I keep a small coconut BB in my purse to use on my hands. I use the shimmer version on my legs and arms and the regular version on my hands and feet. This stuff is fabulous!

on 2/4/2012 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This body butter is so nice for the summer, I get a lot of compliments on it. It moisturises so nicely, and the scent stays on you all day.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

An amazing product! It moisturizes my skin so well and it doesn't give me the greasy feeling that Palmer's cocoa butter has. I usually use it after I shave my legs, and before I had those little brown spots but not with this. ^^ Also, the scent so addicting because it's sweet without being overpowering, (my mom hates it when I use scented lotions, but she doesn't complain when I use this) even my boyfriend likes it. ;) The only downside about this product is the price, but I'll keep repurchasing because it helps my skin so much. Try it out ladies, you won't regret. :D

on 12/9/2011 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

not a huge fan of coconut but it's quite a nice scent. however, the body butter itself i find is a little greasy and sits on top of the skin and doesn't absorb too well. a bit overpriced for a product that isn't too impressive.

this butter is a hit just like all of the other body shop butters i've tried! some say it's greasy, but if you have dry, dehydrated skin, like me, it soaks it up! in the winter i use it as a conditioning mask for my feet: put on loads of this stuff, rub in slightly, put on socks and head to bed. soft tootsies in the morning!

on 11/20/2011 10:51:00 PM

It's lovely, especially for winter, you can't beat tbs butters, they're iconic!

on 11/18/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is okay. For a while I was really obsessed with the body shop, but now I have moved on to a better company. This stuff left my skin feeling soft and smooth for a few hours but after that it became dry again. The coconut scent is just average.

on 10/29/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to love this, but unfortunately after a while it started to clog my skin. If I didn't use enough it didn't spread, if I used more it wouldn't sink in, leaving me feeling very clammy and itchy. I now only use it on my feet, elbows and knees.

on 10/29/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The Body Shop's body butter is hands down the ONLY product that help with my KP and ezcema. I started trying this product out about a year and a half ago and my skin has gotten about 95% better. In the winter my skin is no longer dry and my KP has cleared up so so much.... I bought this product because it was on sale and never thought it would actually help because I had decided that nothing would help my KP. Now I only buy The Body Shop.
K