December 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by takingoverme1771

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought this powder, i was so excited! i bought it in the "invisible blend" shade. as soon as i put it on, it looked great...then i looked closer in the mirror and noticed all of these visible flakes of skin. mind you, i use plenty of moisturizer to keep the "flakies" away...but it showed so many dry flakes that i didnt even know i had on my face! if it werent for that, though, it would be the perfect loose powder...so i would only recommend this product to people who dont have ANY dry skin, because it accentuates the dry areas up-close.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by petiterocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

nothing special! kinda like a drugstore brand loose powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this after reading all the good stuff about it here on MUA. For me this is a pure 2 going for a 3, it is ok, but I'm not going to get it again. It is just not for me.
I wanted something that would matte down my face, and control oil and shine, and this doesn't really do that for me, to some degree yes but not as much as I wanted.
It does absorb some of my oiliness and reduce shine, but I still glow too much after.
So for dryer skintypes this in a find. Or if you use mineralmakeup and like that glow, try this. I don't really use it, if I do, I use it around my eyes, great for that, doesn't make me look dry and wrinked around the eyearea.
I have it in Transparency 3, that is a yellowish powder. Doesn't give any cover and goes on sheer with maybe a hint of color.
INCI: Talc, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, kaolin, squalane, isopropyl myristate, trisodium edta, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77007), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About the new "Invisible blend 20".

When applied over almost makeup light no.2, it turns a freaky DARK ORANGE colour!

I have had a few laughs with amazed Clinique shopkeepers who all start out saying, it's invisible, it doesn't have colour before I put some no.2 almost makeup on my arm and invisible powder on only half. They are ALL dumbfounded. I had one girl try to tell me that it wasn't changing colour, it was just mattifying. Puh-lease. You have been brainwashed. Look at my arm!

Anyway, I'm now trying to find another Clinque powder that doesn't change my face to an porange colour on application. I just don't get why they don't test for this stuff first!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

I agree with the person below....I feel confident enough to use this powder alone! It gives my skin a gorgeous glow, whilst still keeping shine away! It doesn't break me out either! I use Invisible Blend, which is the transparent colour which is meant to suit most skin tones. It does! It looks very natural and perfects my skin! New HG? Only time will tell :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by moccy

My HG!
I had breakout last month. I supposed to use loose powder but the one I was using was too drying and didn't have decent coverage. When I switched some additional skincare to Clinique, the BA applied this powder and I love its coverage. It gives smooth appearance and has good oil control. The coverage is sheer but good enough to cover the redness of acne marks. I apply it using Clinique's rub-down method and it gives better coverage. It doesn't clog pores and friendly to my acne-prone skin. I'm now confident enough to go outside wearing this powder alone (no foundation). My acne is now healed and I can say this powder helps a lot.

I took 1 lippies for the price because it is expensive, but it's still cheaper than the other loose powder I used before. Love the packaging that comes with a sifter and a brush, but took a lippie out because I think the brush does nothing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i think this is an okay loose powder, however, maybe of the limited colors selection.......i got the 4 in the beginning and it seems to turn really dark on me.......and i went and got the three........but then it still turns dark on me.......i think it's because they are more on the pink side.......it just doesn't look right on my skin.........i preferred the one from chanel much better..........i'm NC 30-35

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I use this product when I don't feel like putting my superfit on. It has a nice finish and I have the invisible shade so it blends perfectly with my medium skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by dressforms6846

I bought this in translusent and I love it! It sets in my foundation perfectly and gives me a little shimmer. The brush it came with is nice but the bristles come off after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ilikekennedy

I have this in Transparency Bronze and in my opinion, it is the best all-over face powder to give your skin that perfect tan "glow". The color seems rather dark in the container but it's subtle if you apply it with a light hand. It comes in a sifter container so you can use as much or as little as you want and it's pretty good to travel with. The brush that comes with it is unfortunately useless so I toss it. But you get a lot of product for the $19 that it costs so I will continue to purchase and re-purchase as it is for sure one of my HG items!!!