St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 10/9/2014 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't believe people still use this product. Nostalgia, maybe? I don't know. I'm an esthetician and everyone in my field despises this stuff. It doesn't exfoliate your skin, it injures it. It is far too harsh for any skin type. Try a sugar scrub, or a clarisonic, or a chemical exfoliant! But crushed up nuts and cornmeal, really? I know a lot of people associate that scrubby feeling with a deep clean, but if your exfoliation is hurting or uncomfortable, you are NOT helping your skin, you are DAMAGING it. Seriously, ditch this stuff ASAP!

on 10/9/2014 7:37:00 PM

I think I've been using this product for about 20 years. When I was younger and had oily skin, it kept my skin clean and from breaking out. As I have aged, it has become a great exfoliator for my face and body.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Reading reviews for scrubs, and when I saw St. Ives Apricot Scrub listed, had to write a review to warn people with sensitive skin to run from this product.

I have a vivid memory of using this scrub several years ago. My skin is dry and sensitive, and doesn't do well with abrasive products and washcloths of a rough texture. This scrub feels like blunt sharp objects are being rubbed over my skin. After rinsing, noticed tiny, minute abrasions on a couple areas of my skin. Horrible stuff!

Would not recommend for any skin type based on my experience.

on 10/7/2014 8:47:00 PM

My 55 year old skin likes that scrub. It exfoliates with vigor and leaves my face fresh and clean. Always revert to this scrub.

I don't like this product. It is too rough and I get acne right after I use it. Don't recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This scrub has been in my skin products stash for years. I used it regularly as a teen, but have since stopped using it only because I started trying new products. This scrub always kept my skin smooth. I really feel like it brightens up my complexion. I recently came across an old tub I had laying around and used it again and viola my skin felt nice and smooth again. It does a great job washing away oiliness and flakey skin without drying out skin. I make sure to use it GENTLY, never scrubbing hard, and I've had no problems with this causing any irritation. I do avoid using it on active pimples/whiteheads. During winter months I use this scrub on my elbows and feet - feels good to scrub away the dry skin.

on 9/23/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Scatchy and mechanical as all-heck - not a holy grail but OK for feet and body. Not for sensitive faces - that's for sure. Way too harsh.

on 9/20/2014 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Feels really nice and I wanted to like it... But it breaks out my skin.

on 9/16/2014 5:25:00 PM

I was so surprised to read all of the negative reviews! I have used this face scrub nearly every day for the past five or six years and my skin has never been clearer! It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and I've found that it helps to balance my skin as well (prior to using it I had very patchy oily/dry skin). I've tried countless other face cleansers and none of them come close to St. Ives! I would definitely recommend this product (:

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this scrub. I have used it on andoff since iI was 14. It ALWAYS clears up my skin I have noticed. Every.time. I love the scent as well. It may seem a bit rough at first and its weird..but your face will get use to it. I love the blemish control version very much! I feel like this is the best version for someone acne prone like myself. There are 4 versions: blemish control, fresh skin, original, and the sensitive skin version.I have never used the sensitive skin version and the fresh skin version seems..not gritty and exfoliating enough for me. It also seems like it leaves behind a filmy-ness on my face and i don't like that. I only use the original and blemish control st.Ives apricot scrubs and they work EXTREMELY WELL considering their cost. I use it everyday. I would head on over to Wally's(walmart) and scoop some up :-)