August 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by elainependz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I disagree with the haters of this product, but I guess it all does boil down to your skin type. I have combination skin - oily on my T-zone and dry on the rest of my face, and I also have quite sensitive skin. I have been using this product for so long. I switched from Ponds which broke me out horribly. I used a lot of face scrubs since I easily break out and even tried the green tea cleanser just to try out other st ives variants but even that broke me out. So far this is the only product that I was able to use that kept my skin clear.
So I give this a thumbs up and will definitely buy again and again!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So bad for your skin. I can't believe I ever used this. In my defense, it was given as a stocking stuffer. WAY to harsh for your skin texture wise. And so many irritating ingredients. I wish I could give this negative lippies!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scrub tore up my skin. This is the scrub that scared me away from other scrubs! It made my skin dry, it made my pimples look larger somehow, and it would sometimes make my pimples and skin bleed, even if I used the smallest bit, or mixed it into a gentle cleanser!

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, as I've had friends who have tried this and didn't like it either. There are many other and better scrubs out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't own this product anymore, but I used it before I went to school for Master Esthetics. Unfortunately, this is a product that most people have used on their face. I am shocked to read that people actually use this twice a day! Everyones face has really fragile, delicate skin, especially if you have sensitive skin! This product has really large, and sharp particles that shouldn't be used for exfoliating the facial skin. It can cause damage to your skin, especially if you're aggressive. That's just a fact. I would say MAYBE it's ok for the feet, but even that is iffy. When looking for an exfoliator, you want to see how large the scrubbers are if possibles. It's best for them be really small and circular in diameter, instead of large, sharp triangular ones. Exfoliation should be done no more than twice a week. Over exfoliating can cause, breakouts, dryness, and damage to the skin. Needless to say, this is a horrible product, and it shouldn't be allowed to be sold anymore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when this was the hype amongst us girls. It was the must have scrub and back then it probably was the best budget beauty buy. Now I think it's a decent scrub that looks nice, smells nice but does nothing remarkable. I found the beads a bit too rough and uncomfortable to massage into my face. This was made more apparent when I switched over to Dermalogica Microfoliant - my hero product! I think if you're travelling and you want something simple and basic to get you through, this would be a good scrub to take.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I'm in love with the St Ives Apricot Scrub . The first time I used it I was at my boyfriends house and I noticed his mom had it in the bathroom . The reason why I used it was because my face was peeling around my lips and forehead . I used it and I noticed right away that the parts of my face that were peeling went away my face felt really smooth and after that I went and bought the 6 oz one . My face feels so smooth now and my face has not peeled since I been using it . Since it is now winter I use it almost every day because my face tends to peel , if I was to run out of this I would go and buy more at my local CVS . Best Face Scrub EVER !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Camilascarlett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think a large amount of negativity about this product of any other strong exfoliant is that people use it incorrectly. I find this scrub leaves my skin feeling truly refreshed, i can defiantly feel the layers i've scrubbed off, and to rid yourself of dead skin and dirt is a good thing! HOWEVER as a 16 year old I used this on my face everyday and 100% agree that using it to that extent is harmful for the skin, and can cause breakouts.

That being said, i've since limited myself to using it once a week, which I find works fabulously, it never irritates my skin and still leaves me feeling extremely refreshed. They do sell versions of the product for sensitive skin that are more gentle, but with my fair skin using once a week keeps my skin wonderfully balanced.

Would recommend and buy again ALWAYS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I wash my face with this every night! I love it keeps my face oil Fred thru the night and I don't break out as much

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Classiccrime

I've seen a lot of negative comments about this product. I've never had any problem, in fact, it's the best I've used. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft. My skin also gets dry, from living in the desert, this product takes away any skin flakes and dryness. I'm not sure, how hard other people scrub this to give themselves problems, but it's absolutely amazing for me. Plus, the bottle lasts for a very long time!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MarcosAntonioG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using one of their scrubs , The timless skin one, and have loved the results I've seen so far. I've only been using about a week and a half and have noticed a major diffence in my skin. My skin glows and looks smoother now. Plus i have hyperpigmentation marks on my face from past acne cysts :/ and its helped reduce the redness a bit as well ^_^. will defently buy again great price and works great