October 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first 2 weeks when i used this mascara, I did not like this. It was very watery, didnt hold a curl, and it smudges. After using this for 2 weeks the mascara dried out a little and it became much more thick and it hold my curl and it did not smudge I have been using this mascara for almost three months now and I really like it so far. Here's some background info about my lashes- medium length and volume, straight lashes. This mascara turns my lashes into feathery natural looking lashes with two coats. Great for everyday. I am able to make it more dramatic with 3 coats without clumping. This mascara does not really require a metal lash comb but with it, it helps separate my lashes but give me less volume. When they say waterproof, they mean it. It made it through the rain and water park. Also this does not flake and easy to remove with grapeseed or olive oil.

So far my favorite mascara is still covergirl Lash Exact Waterproof and mehron mascara. These two make my lashes dramatic and long without flaking or smuging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was just OK. It goes on smoothly, and gives a nice, soft, "feathery" effect. But, the formula is so thin that I end up having to do more coats than with other mascaras. I hardly ever use more than two coats, but with Voluminous I need to use four, and even then, it's still quite natural-looking. I don't think you could ever get "dramatic" lashes with this mascara, if that was what you wanted.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Try it during my hunt for non-smudging monolid proof mascara. And it smudges. Great for beautiful long, voluminous lashes but only for a hour or so on my stick straight, no-crease eyes. Great mascara, just not for monolids.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sedst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this because it is readily available and a decent price. HOWEVER, this smudged on me like no mascara ever has. I never even complained about mascara smudges before and never understood why it was such a large complaint of so many women...I thought I had some how gotten lucky. Then I tried this mascara. EVERY time I look in the mirror throughout the day, I am horrified to find black smudges under my eyes. It looks awful and I am constantly wiping under my eyes...just not good at all. I found my HG mascara a while back with NYX long n full or something? Then Ulta stopped stocking it. I think I will just suck it up and order the NYX online. I'd rather waste the money and throw this away then continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by MsSailorMouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the BEST waterproof mascara because you can still seperate your lashes when you apply it! Other waterproof mascaras usually cause my lashes to clump and then I can't even comb them loose!

LOVE and will always use as my summer pool/beach/wedding staple mascara!

The tube opening doesn't pull enough extra product away from the bristles though and you have to scrap it away on the opening but oh well the rest is AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by cginel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. My twin sister put me onto this mascara and I never would have thought I'd fall head over heals for it. I have a few other drugstore mascaras and I keep reaching for this everyday. I love the color and look on my eyelashes. It def helps define them and makes me look like I actually have eye lashes since mine are so thin. Like everyone else has said, the consistency is a bit watery at first but over some uses, it gets better. Def would repurchase- my HG <3

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by bliss70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every year or so, I break down and buy this, thinking that this will be the time that it works for me. So far, it has not. Like others have said, it does seem to get better after a week or so but right out of the tube it is wet and gloppy. The formula is too heavy for my long but thin lashes, which ends up weighing down the curl. I just can't seem to get it to work the way it does for other women here on MUA and on all the blogs. *Sigh*. I said I would not buy this product again but who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll be in a Walgreens a year from now and decide to try it ONE more time. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I'm on my second tube of this and I love it. It definitely gives volume and lasts all day until you get home to wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My holy grail go-to mascara. Great for daytime & night. Just add more coats for a night out. I've tried many mascaras trying to top this one but I just can't seem to find one. It's not quite perfect but it's the nearest to perfection I've found. No clumping, separates, lengthens, & volumizes all in one great little tube. My mom turned me onto this & I have been using it for about 15 years. Yes, it has been around that long, and there's a reason why - it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by pastelliazzurro

I adore this mascara. I have had no problems with flaking and the volume added to my lashes is amazing. The lengthening properties aren't half bad either. I like the packaging (I love simple and sleek packaging).

This mascara is great for a sexy look. If you're going to use it everyday, I would recommend using only one or two coats. This mascara adds drama quickly and adding too much will make you look like you're going out clubbing :) Voluminous Waterproof goes with smoky eyes like peanut butter goes with jelly.

It is moderately priced, I got mine for $8 from CVS and it is widely available. I will repurchase for sure.