L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow! I got this mascara after hearing so many great reviews of it on MUA & YT & am so glad I picked this up.! This product gave me lashes very similar to CGLashBlast, but I would say this is just a TAD more neutral. However, i LOVE how it's SO stay-proof! I've had two good cry sessions since wearing this, and it completely stays on! No smudges, no clumping, NOTHING. I am wowed at how cheap this mascara is, how long it's been on the market, and how durable it is. The brush is really good & this mascara comes off easily with EVOO. The packaging is sleek & sophisticated, and unlike CGLB, I don't have to wait a few days for the formula to thicken up before I really like it. ONLY downside is that it tends to get all over my eyelid, but alas! All mascaras for me do! Either I have puffy eyelids or suck at applying, haha. Either way, I easily clean it up with a dab of lotion on a q-tip. This mascara is super cheap & effective & I def. reccommend it along with CGLB to all drugstore mascara junkies:)

on 1/8/2012 6:14:00 PM

This is a fabulous product. I've tried several others just for a change, and haven't found anything that gives more thicker, lusher, natural looking lashes at such a great price.

I always wipe off the wand lightly before applying so my lashes don't get gloppy (kind of like letting some of the paint get off a brush after you dip it in a can). I think that really helps to distribute the mascara evenly. It also seems to work better to apply several light layers instead of one heavy layer.

The other thing I do is put a LITTLE loose powder on my lashes before putting on mascara. It seems this gives the mascara something to "stick" to. It really seems to help my lashes look thicker.

on 1/8/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all-time favorite mascara. I've tried some of the super expensive ones (YSL Faux Cils) and then of course some of the raved about drugstore ones as well (Cover Girl Lash Blast) and this one beats them all. I've used it for years and I suppose I probably always will. It can get clumpy if you do more than 2 coats, but that's pretty much standard with any mascara I've used. If you wipe the wand with a tissue prior to applying, it will cut way down on that. The regular formula in this mascara transfers on me like crazy, so I stick with the waterproof. I use baby oil or coconut oil to remove it and it comes right off, no issues. Holy grail mascara for me.

on 12/24/2011 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love trying out new drugstore mascaras and decided to give this a try, so far I often purchase Maybelline mascaras, as I find their mascaras to be my favorite. I started to venture out and bought this (in waterproof, of course). I'm not too keen on this mascara, and the reason for it is because I don't care for the wand. I like fluffy & full looking wands, usually the bigger the wand and the more rounded the brush, I find gets into my lashes a lot better and almost curls it, since I have short little lashes. This brush does not do that for me. It's just a straight looking brush, medium size, and doesn't do much for my lashes. It doesn't even make my lashes look 'voluminous' without putting on 3-4 coats. I don't like the fact that I have to do 3-4 coats for my satisfaction. This wasn't a great buy. I like the formula, as it really is waterproof and doesn't smear but would not buy this again.

on 12/23/2011 10:46:00 AM

Great mascara!

I always curl my lashes, use this mascara as a base to keep the curl, wait for it to dry and then apply a lengthening mascara on top.

I always find the mascara works best to hold a curl after the tube of mascara gets more thick after some uses.

on 12/15/2011 5:08:00 PM

The first 2 weeks when i used this mascara, I did not like this. It was very watery, didnt hold a curl, and it smudges. After using this for 2 weeks the mascara dried out a little and it became much more thick and it hold my curl and it did not smudge I have been using this mascara for almost three months now and I really like it so far. Here's some background info about my lashes- medium length and volume, straight lashes. This mascara turns my lashes into feathery natural looking lashes with two coats. Great for everyday. I am able to make it more dramatic with 3 coats without clumping. This mascara does not really require a metal lash comb but with it, it helps separate my lashes but give me less volume. When they say waterproof, they mean it. It made it through the rain and water park. Also this does not flake and easy to remove with grapeseed or olive oil.

So far my favorite mascara is still covergirl Lash Exact Waterproof and mehron mascara. These two make my lashes dramatic and long without flaking or smuging.

on 12/15/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This mascara was just OK. It goes on smoothly, and gives a nice, soft, "feathery" effect. But, the formula is so thin that I end up having to do more coats than with other mascaras. I hardly ever use more than two coats, but with Voluminous I need to use four, and even then, it's still quite natural-looking. I don't think you could ever get "dramatic" lashes with this mascara, if that was what you wanted.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Try it during my hunt for non-smudging monolid proof mascara. And it smudges. Great for beautiful long, voluminous lashes but only for a hour or so on my stick straight, no-crease eyes. Great mascara, just not for monolids.

on 12/1/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to like this because it is readily available and a decent price. HOWEVER, this smudged on me like no mascara ever has. I never even complained about mascara smudges before and never understood why it was such a large complaint of so many women...I thought I had some how gotten lucky. Then I tried this mascara. EVERY time I look in the mirror throughout the day, I am horrified to find black smudges under my eyes. It looks awful and I am constantly wiping under my eyes...just not good at all. I found my HG mascara a while back with NYX long n full or something? Then Ulta stopped stocking it. I think I will just suck it up and order the NYX online. I'd rather waste the money and throw this away then continue to use it.

on 11/20/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the BEST waterproof mascara because you can still seperate your lashes when you apply it! Other waterproof mascaras usually cause my lashes to clump and then I can't even comb them loose!

LOVE and will always use as my summer pool/beach/wedding staple mascara!

The tube opening doesn't pull enough extra product away from the bristles though and you have to scrap it away on the opening but oh well the rest is AWESOME!